tools
    Yes, BlackBerry devices give me pleasure, and I love being pleasured
    Dave Liao likes this.
    04-07-16 06:51 AM
    No BB10, no party !
    04-07-16 07:30 AM
    I had the S7, it's not near as nice as the Priv imo

Posted via the CrackBerry App on my BlackBerry Priv
    I agree...alot of folks are buying the S7 and the first thing they say that made them buy it was the looks. I like the Priv better...
    04-07-16 07:41 AM
    Definitely, as long as it's a BlackBerry Operating System, user swap-able battery and microsd card. Need more than 16GB built-in memory too.
    04-07-16 09:18 AM
    Definitely, as long as it's a BlackBerry Operating System, user swap-able battery and microsd card. Need more than 16GB built-in memory too.
    So I guess that is a no?
    04-07-16 09:22 AM
    ordered a 3rd Classic today, going to stay in a drawer ready to be activated if needed, because my current 1st Classic is still in perfect order, actually my daily runner, next to the Passport which I got two month ago... the rest of another 2nd Classic, Q10, Z10, Z30, Curve-8320 and Playbook-64 are in well loved and used hands around the family, 10 Blackberry devices in all.

Posted either via -Passport SQW100-1 or -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    xKingHopy likes this.
    04-07-16 09:35 AM
    No.
    04-07-16 10:15 AM
    My Tecno is on life support, barely breathing. Eyeing Z30, as soon as I've got the cash.
    04-07-16 10:27 AM
    I did purchase a Priv, the physical keyboard is the thing that's keeping me. I really love BlackBerry 10, but Android seems to work well enough, just wish they created the Classic form factor in Android (of course if they did the Priv with BlackBerry 10, I would be happy as well).
    04-07-16 10:41 AM
    Just need 3 things in a phone. It's blackberry, keyboard, and removable battery.
    jope28 likes this.
    04-07-16 11:33 AM
    NOPE!
    04-07-16 12:07 PM
    The only reason I bought a BlackBerry phone to begin with, was BB10. With no new BB10 devices even in the horizon. There is no option at all for a decently spec'ed device to upgrade to. Even the Z30 which I use, had mediocre specs right at launch.

Plus, it seems to me even support of the BB10 OS is fading. I just looked at BlackBerry World and it's disappointing none the least. Even the Android runtime is out of date.

I'm tire of apps not working right, no availability or downloading an APK just to get very limited function because of no Google play services.

The reason I bought a BB10 phone to begin with... It wasn't Android or Apple. If they just keep making Android phones. There are a lot of greatly spec'ed phones that are cheaper.
    Last edited by deep_plot; 04-07-16 at 12:37 PM. Reason: spelling
    04-07-16 12:36 PM
    I think my passport will be my last Blackberry device and I'm quite sad about that. I had a 9000, 9800 then switched to a Sony Xperia while waiting for BB10 to launch. When it did I got a Z10 then a Z30 and ultimately a Passport.

I like the idea of the Priv, but for an Android device it's sadly way too under-specced for the price. I'm already looking at android devices and will probably go for the recently announced Huawei P9 Plus when it's available (at the end of May I believe).

If BlackBerry launch an Android device that can compete with flagship devices from the likes of Samsung, LG etc then I may be back.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-16 01:30 PM
    LOL! I hope it doesn't come to that. I can stay with them without a swap-able battery, but not the other two.
    04-07-16 01:36 PM
    If blackberry made an upgrade for the z30 I would likely buy it.
    However with the blackberry hub(etc) apps on other android phones, I am seriously looking at a Galaxy S7 or Edge.
    04-07-16 01:40 PM
    Yes!
    04-07-16 03:05 PM
    it depends. I REALLY like BB10. I think it is so fluid and simple to use, but at the same time it is so deep. I literally saved $200 when i went to Cuba because I took a screenshot of my data usage using the BB Device Manager and showed Bell that I only used 48mb of data using the period I was supposed to be on a 50mb plan that never got activiated on their end.

I just love everything about my passport. Sure, some more apps that dont destroy the battery due to android runtime would be amazing... but i have everything I need.
    04-07-16 03:50 PM
    Just bought a Classic and got a Z30 as a backup!!!!

I figure I'm good for a few years.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-16 03:52 PM
    I would love to upgrade to a Passport from my Q10. Went from a Z10 to an iPhone 5 and the home button and hunt and peck based OS felt so counter intuitive compared to Blackberry 10. I came back to a Q10. My hope is that Blackberry at least releases one more BB10 device with good specs and form factor. I don't want to see it end! I love feeling connected to a tight community around Blackberry for both it's past and it future.
    04-07-16 04:29 PM
    I agree that the Android runtime needs to be updated to 4.4 at the least. My beloved YNAB (you need a budget) app no longer works on my Q10 with 4.3 and it almost drove me to iOS. Yes, I tried iOS for 2 days and realized that the app tradeoff vs. the productivity and fluidity of BB10 was not worth it and came back to my Q10. Good thing I am on Ting!
    04-07-16 04:34 PM
    I'm so undecided.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-16 04:52 PM
    I finally got to a Verizon store today. Of course no Privs on display, but they went and got one from the back. I found the build impressive, and I thought the feel of the keyboard was awesome. Two reps were going on about how nice a phone it was which I was surprised by. They never pushed other phones, particularly Samsungs. They even knew a few things about the Priv that they told me without prompting which was nice. I definitely will consider it now.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-16 05:52 PM
    Finances have made it nearly impossible for me to go back to Blackberry which I really would like to do. Build quality, durability and over all lifespan of the product have made it, in my opinion, the best phone I've owned to date and I've owned iPhone all the way to 6-Plus and Samsung all the way to Galaxy S6.

I'm no longer on a contract with any carrier due to the market falling out from underneath me and my work. I've reviewed BlackBerry products and was even a reviewer of and then copywriter for Hedone Design at one point, so I'm relatively sure I know what I'm talking about.

When money returns or The Blackberry God's impart a device upon me, I will, most definitely return to my roots so to speak. The Priv has caught my attention as of late and would love to get my teeth into one.

Regards,

Marvin Prather

A few posters eluded in other threads that they couldn't see themselves to buy another BlackBerry anymore. I felt the same way... was thinking about upgrading to Priv this year because I have been out of contract since last October, but the longer I wait the more options I found more appealing.

BTW, my BlackBerry journey started from 9000, after that, 9800, 9810, 9860, Z10, Z30, and now Passport, never looked other ways until Priv's release.

Now, the first time in 8 years I am not sure I want to keep it going anymore. I guess there is always a chance BlackBerry can come up something amazing again but Priv or the upcoming rumored devices aren't that appealing comparing to other options.

How about you, CrackBerry nation? Are you going to buy another BlackBerry to keep it going or you are finally done? Or maybe you are still not sure.

Reply and also let us know what your BlackBerry journey like... PEACE!

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    04-07-16 06:28 PM
    As long as BlackBerry keeps making phones I plan on buying them if I really like them. The Priv is great and I really wanna get my hands on the Passport. I'm always looking forward to new devices from them

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-07-16 06:51 PM
    Once/if Passports go on fire sale prices, I'll definitely pick up one. I had one for a hot minute and loved it. (Switched for carrier-related reasons.) I wouldn't be crushed by lack of app availability on BB10 since most of what I need is accessible on a browser.
    04-07-16 09:38 PM
466 ... 1011121314 ...