I have loved and continue to use my BlackBerry phones (9900, Z10 and Passport SE). I guess the next stop will be Android. I like the look and price of the new one, DTEK50, but I expect to stick with what I have for at least another year. I kept using my Palm Pilots well past their expiry dates too!

BPWiebe on the beautiful Silver Edition Passport.
    08-03-16 02:45 PM
    Agreed, BlackBerry 10 is the #thebettermousetrap and I can't buy into the iHerd's #thedumbeddownsmartphonecallediphone because of the closed architecture.

 Z30 10.3.2.858 USA
    Then I guess you're stuck with Android.
    08-03-16 03:26 PM
    Yes indeed! Only if it is a BB10 tho.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-16 04:52 PM
    If the Hub+ works well on the Note7, I'm outta here...maybe. It's a tough bond to break. I've had BlackBerry phones exclusively since 2004.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-16 08:03 PM
    No

They no longer build phones.
    They don't do enough R&D to make me belive they will ever be cutting edge anything.
    For most the time I've been a BlackBerry user, their hardware usually wasn't all that impressive when compared to the rest of the market. It was their software that made the difference.
    Never been a BlackBerry user solely for the "security", and I just don't belive that for me it is worth the hardware choices that BlackBerry will have to offer.
    I expect that the new Android PKB will be the best PKB in the world. Needs to have a removable battery .
    08-04-16 12:55 PM
    Of course..! What else anyway..

Posted via CB10
    08-10-16 11:10 AM
    If the Hub+ works well on the Note7, I'm outta here...maybe. It's a tough bond to break. I've had BlackBerry phones exclusively since 2004.

Posted via CB10
    Wouldn't you want the added value of hardened Android updated monthly, the DTEK app, Hub+ apps already built-in, and the best VKB ever?
    08-10-16 06:04 PM
    I would buy an updated bb10 z30 with new spec in a heart beat. Bb10 is the best mobile os out there. But yes. BlackBerry could never figure out what we wanted even though it was all over these forums. Then they just dropped the ball. Telling ever one they are committed to bb10 yet release no new hardware. Actions speak louder than would. I don't know what to do. I hate iPhone and I find android a convoluted mess.

#luvmybb10os
    08-10-16 06:40 PM
    BlackBerry doesn't really make phones anymore so the answer is no. They get the OS from somewhere else and now they get re-branded existing phones from someone else.

If they made a new Z30 with BB10, then I would.
    silversmith75 likes this.
    08-10-16 07:46 PM
    I would buy another BB10 phone, along with the ever decreasing numbers of other users, who don't want to go Android. But why would BlackBerry build such a device? I don't see the motivation from BlackBerry's perspective. Is there anything in those support contracts that might require another BB10 device? I think not.

I was planning on getting an iPhone7 but have been put off by the rumours and the bland looks. So I'll be sticking with BB10 for a while longer. I'm not in a rush to get another phone and won't be while BB10 keeps working for me.

��� вℓα�квєяяу ραѕѕρσят ѕιℓνєя є∂ιтιση ���
    08-11-16 04:32 AM
    I am longing 2 buy a bb device that has a passport like form, 128gb internal memory, 20 mp main camera, a "continuum" like feature & a turing phone like security.
    And of course support for all the Android apps & bb apps.
    Thats my dream phone, i am asking for way too much, is it?
    I feel this can b done with a 'BBDroid' (started a thread on it).
    Please do read it.

And if that is not to be, i wud be going dtek50 to argon / mercury.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Last edited by blackmass; 08-11-16 at 06:16 AM.
    08-11-16 06:00 AM
    No

They no longer build phones.
    They don't do enough R&D to make me belive they will ever be cutting edge anything.
    For most the time I've been a BlackBerry user, their hardware usually wasn't all that impressive when compared to the rest of the market. It was their software that made the difference.
    Never been a BlackBerry user solely for the "security", and I just don't belive that for me it is worth the hardware choices that BlackBerry will have to offer.
    So, I was thinking about your post, and it helped me realize that the thing that has always made BlackBerry special for me was NOT their hardware, though it was often excellent, but their software, and specifically their carefully considered analysis of what a standard professional work flow should look like. From the early versions of BBOS through BB10 and now with HUB+ for Android, they have always innovated on the details of how work gets done,

I'm not going to bother with the obvious examples because my experience is that long-time BlackBerry users know what I'm talking about here, and iOS/Android fans will challenge each example with a "there's an app for that" response.

So, I guess that's why I feel no sadness about BlackBerry drafting off of other designs with the DTEK50 phone. I don't need them to design and build their own hardware if the software works well, because it's the software that defines the BlackBerry experience for me.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-16 11:21 AM
    Definitely!
    But!
    Only if that new device coming along with OS10 and PKB any more questions?

Posted either via -Passport SQW100-1 or -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    08-11-16 12:12 PM
    [QUOTE=bb10adopter111;12543615]So, I was thinking about your post, and it helped me realize that the thing that has always made BlackBerry special for me was NOT their hardware, though it was often excellent, but their software, and specifically their carefully considered analysis of what a standard professional work flow should look like.

Nicely explained.
    It wud be nice to c the dtek versions if oneplus 3 / moto z / nokia mclaren...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-11-16 12:37 PM
    I have been Blackberry strong for almost 10 years. But now I seriously considering the Samsung Note7. It hard to leave but I think the BlackBerry hardware has reached its limits and Samsung android phones are show signs of carrying BlackBerry software.
    08-11-16 12:49 PM
    I have been Blackberry strong for almost 10 years. But now I seriously considering the Samsung Note7. It hard to leave but I think the BlackBerry hardware has reached its limits and Samsung android phones are show signs of carrying BlackBerry software.
    Yes you can install BlackBerry software on Samsung phones.

No I haven't seen any signs that Samsung will be including any of it out of the box.

Yes BlackBerry hardware is done. Really the only reason to still buy BlackBerry is if you need or just want that level of security built into your phone. For some the premium would be worth it....
    08-11-16 12:59 PM
466 ... 171819