I just do not get it. Once you learn and master either Android or iOS , each one will work quite nicely. I like the app drawer, back button and open apps button on Android. The Android provides different font sizes in the browser.

The iPhone does everything well. Your phone will last three years. You will get updates and service. Cases and accessories are plentiful.

The show stopper for me is that the browser works so poorly on the iPhone. My eyes are not good enough.

If you need a PKB, wait for the Android BlackBerry model.
    04-19-16 05:21 PM
    Just bought 2 spare batteries for my z10, and 2 for the z30s, will keep them as long as they live. If,and when they die, will see what is out there, maybe go back to a flip phone.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-16 06:55 PM
    ...I will only buy another Passport for when this on gets tired...and once that can't be done I'm off to Windows Phone...iPhones are useless for what I need, and Android is just too buggy and fragmented to take a serious look at...at least with Windows it will tie into my PC and isn't too bad in functionality.

Posted on my Powerful Passport
    04-19-16 07:06 PM
    I just do not get it. Once you learn and master either Android or iOS , each one will work quite nicely. I like the app drawer, back button and open apps button on Android. The Android provides different font sizes in the browser.

The iPhone does everything well. Your phone will last three years. You will get updates and service. Cases and accessories are plentiful.

The show stopper for me is that the browser works so poorly on the iPhone. My eyes are not good enough.

If you need a PKB, wait for the Android BlackBerry model.
    I have used and "gotten used to" both Android and iOS. I think they are good if your main interest in using a smart phone is to use apps from third parties like Facebook, banking, music, etc. They have better ecosystems for that.

But that's just not my use case. I use my smartphone for business communications, and I want a consistent interface that streamlines the handling of email, messages, calendar appointments, sharing documents of all kinds, and Web browsing when I'm away from my desk.

BB10 was designed expressly for users like me. I switched from an iPhone to my z10 in 2013, and I've been extremely happy with the hub and flow experience. I handle several hundred emails a day that come into multiple email addresses in different domains, and it's effortless to respond, file and generally triage my work. The iPhone, which I used for two years, was not remotely comparable for these routine tasks in terms of efficiency and functionality.

I understand that email, meetings, phone calls and document handling are boring and old-fashioned, but it's also how 90% of work gets done in my company.

Also, I prefer the BB10 browser experience to the mobile versions of chrome and safari by a pretty wide margin.

Posted via CB10
    bh7171, pstrusi and C_McD like this.
    04-19-16 07:20 PM
    Nooooooooooooo

Posted via CB10
    04-19-16 07:21 PM
    My first BlackBerry was the 8703e and I've had numerous BlackBerry's since (including a couple of PlayBooks) but I've had enough punishment with all the empty promises and disappointments. The last straw was when my beloved Z10 died and I bought a Leap. What a piece of crap. Now my attitude is " You've screwed me one time too many BlackBerry, f*** you. I'm moving on."

Problem is, to WHAT? I've had both Samsung Galaxy S4 and an iPhone 6 for work and I'm not terribly impressed by either. I guess - of the two - I like the Samsung better but the security is pretty much none existent. On Friday other hand, the iPhone 6 is laggy and lacks basic functionality. One of many examples is that I can't even mark an outgoing email as urgent. WTF????

So while I'm pissed of at BlackBerry I have NO idea where else to turn.

Argh!!

Posted via CB10
    04-19-16 08:01 PM
    BB10 Priv if it is Passport quality.
    04-19-16 08:05 PM
    I have used and "gotten used to" both Android and iOS. I think they are good if your main interest in using a smart phone is to use apps from third parties like Facebook, banking, music, etc. They have better ecosystems for that.

But that's just not my use case. I use my smartphone for business communications, and I want a consistent interface that streamlines the handling of email, messages, calendar appointments, sharing documents of all kinds, and Web browsing when I'm away from my desk.

BB10 was designed expressly for users like me. I switched from an iPhone to my z10 in 2013, and I've been extremely happy with the hub and flow experience. I handle several hundred emails a day that come into multiple email addresses in different domains, and it's effortless to respond, file and generally triage my work. The iPhone, which I used for two years, was not remotely comparable for these routine tasks in terms of efficiency and functionality.

I understand that email, meetings, phone calls and document handling are boring and old-fashioned, but it's also how 90% of work gets done in my company.

Also, I prefer the BB10 browser experience to the mobile versions of chrome and safari by a pretty wide margin.

Posted via CB10
    I hear what you are saying. I did replace my Z10 with a midrange Samsung and I loaded up Cobalt's BlackBerry PRIV hub, keyboard and device search apps. I now have good app performance and some BlackBerry functionality .

I would use an Android BlackBerry Z phone replacement. There is not enough buyers to support a new BB10 device that lacks an up to date runtime.
    04-19-16 09:55 PM
    The screen for a new non Android PKB device will not be square. Our best guess would be a device with the width of a Classic and the length of a Leap.
    I agree, that's the most realistic size given today's androids. Hoping they'll take a page out of the iPhone SE playbook though.

 C L A S S I C
    04-19-16 10:42 PM
    I love BB10 so much every phone I buy should have it. Maybe I should gather up funds and buy BlackBerry. How much is the company by the way?

BB10 or Nothing! BlackBerry Forever!
    04-20-16 07:05 AM
    I love BB10 so much every phone I buy should have it. Maybe I should gather up funds and buy BlackBerry. How much is the company by the way?

BB10 or Nothing! BlackBerry Forever!
    3.708 billion dollars is the current market valuation.
    04-20-16 07:13 AM
    ... And he wouldn't even need to buy it all, just a majority share holding.
    04-20-16 08:10 AM
    ... And he wouldn't even need to buy it all, just a majority share holding.
    True.
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-20-16 08:43 AM
    I was all set to go Android (Moto X Pure and eventually PRIV) but then I worked up the courage to try Cobalt's methods for getting Google Play Services working in BB10.

I now have Google Maps, Gmail, and other apps depending on Google Play Services working well on my Q10 and I am seriously considering getting a Z30 (for games and media) and eventually a Passport.

BB10 is an amazing platform, and fans and enthusiasts like Cobalt make it even better.

Posted from my  Q10 via CB10
    04-20-16 09:00 AM
    But the cash required to buy the company would be much less. A lot of the value is in the cash that BlackBerry has retained. You could get a loan. Obviously that would be easy to borrow against.

Moreover, if you only wanted to license BB10 with limited patent licenses to continue development of it, together with whatever restriction BlackBerry would need to impose due to its existing contracts the price would probably be in the 10s of millions.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-16 09:44 AM
    I was all set to go Android (Moto X Pure and eventually PRIV) but then I worked up the courage to try Cobalt's methods for getting Google Play Services working in BB10.

I now have Google Maps, Gmail, and other apps depending on Google Play Services working well on my Q10 and I am seriously considering getting a Z30 (for games and media) and eventually a Passport.

BB10 is an amazing platform, and fans and enthusiasts like Cobalt make it even better.

Posted from my  Q10 via CB10
    For me, the Cobalt PRIV solution works better .

The European anti-trust law suit is probably too late to save BlackBerry 10.

The best we can hope for is that BlackBerry offers up a really good Android PKB with none of the hardware issues of the PRIV. Make it with a good camera and removable battery.
    04-20-16 10:13 AM
    Regulators are usually too slow and lenient, and when they intervene the damage has already been done.

Except perhaps for the Chinese.
    04-20-16 12:05 PM
    I would if it was bb10 updated z30. Which I am guess is not going to happen. I don't like the priv I am not a pkb guy and can't stand the square corners. I really don't know where to go. I can't stand either android or ios. I came to BlackBerry for that reason. And now I am being forced back! Not happy about it one bit. BlackBerry gave up to early on bb10.

#luvmybb10os
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    04-20-16 12:26 PM
    From 85 to al 97's to 99 to both Z's and now SE I really like the Priv hardware but not the price. I'll be ordering a Classic one of these days. I'll grab myself the Priv next year if no new BlackBerry 10 device comes.
    04-20-16 12:30 PM
    I bought the Priv back in December. Considering that BlackBerry 10 is dead I will go for another BlackBerry on condition that will have a PKB, otherwise....
    04-22-16 06:37 PM
    I've always said that OS10 was the best OS ever...BUT Blackberry has neglected the ecosystem and device specs from many years ago, loosing critically market share therefore finishing like a isolated bubble, where few useful and wide known apps can run, letting us very limited. The company didn't realize for quite some time that people don't care about high security just good specs, good screens, look, camera and a lot of apps. I still have a Classic ( the best device I've had ) but I'm done with BB. When jump time comes, it won't be easy to ditch the OS10 by Android, but it'll be probably to a some kind of current Nexus model because I'm tired to be isolated from the world. Sad but it's like that.
    silversmith75 likes this.
    07-19-16 04:03 AM
    I have used and "gotten used to" both Android and iOS. I think they are good if your main interest in using a smart phone is to use apps from third parties like Facebook........
    Posted via CB10
    Absolutely agreed with you regarding to OS10 as the best ever OS, no doubt. The tragedy for all of us BB users is that we're left isolated from a evolving world ecosystem and specs, leaving us as limited app users of a minimum market share, in other words: a misunderstood freak!
    07-19-16 06:32 AM
    I'd buy another BlackBerry10 new device but since no BB10 is expected anytime soon, I'm done with BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-16 06:59 AM
    I'm a Z10 user and I do think about upgrade, but I'd better stay on BlackBerry OK rather than moving to Priv or any other phone. If there would be no BlackBerry devices for me I'd rather buy some other android phone like Zuk Z2, as I think CyanogenMod is far more mature and doesn't add cruft when it's not needed. Right now I'm still staying on BlackBerry thanks to Cobalt.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-16 07:10 AM
    Doubt it. Using a Z30 and have a Q10 as a backup. BB10 was the reason I came to the platform and Chen's abandoning it is probably the reason I will eventually migrate to Windows phone when these handsets fail.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-16 07:32 AM
466 ... 1415161718 ...