I just got a Passport SE a week ago. I'm loving this phone so much there's no doubts at all, but after this I don't see myself getting another blackberry. Every app developer are leaving Blackberry, I know bb is not the best on apps, but the ones that worked fantastically a year ago are no longer available. Even facebook left, I heard whatsapp will leave too. Everything is giving more reasons to not get a blackberry anymore after my SE. Even bb itself is leaving BB10 too which is easily the best OS i've ever had, I hate android! And most of android apps won't work well on my passport. Recently I moved to the US and every store and every company has an app, and of course they only work on android and iOS, but no blackberry. I wanted a taxi today, they were offering rides with 80% off, but the app would only work for android and iOS... Everyone, everywhere, anytime, anyday, everything is for android or iOS. Blackberry is seriously in the shadows. Even worse imo. I got a cricked plan and they were offering a crazy hotspot offer, i asked for it but they said "oh sorry we won't offer it for blackberry". I was like.. well just activate it anyways to see if it works somehow, but they refused. Damn!! If I ever get a blackberry again it would be like my reserve phone or something. I've had pretty much every blackberry since the 8700c btw, seriously I'm a crazy blackberry fan. 8700c 8700g 8820 8300 8310 8320 8100 8120 8220 9000 9500 8900 9630 8520 9520 9700 9650 9100 9800 9300 9780 9790 9900 9860 9810 9360 9380 9320 AlphaC Q10 Z10 Q5 Z30 Passport PassportSE Playbook

I'm not even kidding, and probably forgot a couple of models. This is not someone who simply had 2 or 3 blackberrys before

Posted via CB10
    04-16-16 12:50 AM
    Will there be another BlackBerry?
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    04-16-16 01:43 AM
    Will there be another BlackBerry?
    I doubt it.

Only those willing to completely suspend common sense can seriously believe that BB10 phones will re-start production after a 2-year timeout.

On the Android side, the Priv has clearly sold badly over the 6-months it's been available, so I believe the plans to release more Android phones "later in the year", will remain "plans" and those mid-range Androids will never see the light of day. Android isn't the white-knight that will save BB Hardware from extinction.

Chen will continue to demonstrate that he's smart, by issuing upbeat messages about his willingness to continue in the phone business; which will allow the believers to believe in new Android phones and in the second-coming of BB10 phones if they really want to... and for as long as they want to.

I'm sure both next-generation BB10 phones and mid-range BB Androids are "right around the corner", "coming soon", "within 60 days". There are probably other optimistic phases from the back-catalogue of BB double-speak and plain lies that I could use, but it's early here, and I can't immediately recall them.
    Tabdus and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    04-16-16 02:32 AM
    Since BB10 no longer meets my requirements in a smartphone, I'm currently on a Moto G 2nd Gen and plan to eventually get a PRIV or one of the mid-range Androids BlackBerry plans to release this year.
    04-16-16 12:25 PM
    lol @ all those people who think your only option are Android or iPhone. How blinkered they are.

Besides Windows phones, you can also save yourself an absolute ton of money and go for one of these:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=ayRDKj0-

'Apps' can be safely consigned to a tablet or laptop. A phone is needed for making calls and sending texts over a mobile carrier network and anything else is a bonus. You can even get emails on feature phones
    04-16-16 12:39 PM
    lol @ all those people who think your only option are Android or iPhone. How blinkered they are.

Besides Windows phones, you can also save yourself an absolute ton of money and go for one of these:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=RkJB3quk

'Apps' can be safely consigned to a tablet or laptop. A phone is needed for making calls and sending texts over a mobile carrier network and anything else is a bonus. You can even get emails on feature phones
    Everyone has different tastes and requirements. Your solution would not work in my case because I don't want to carry around a phone and a tablet. Give me a single mobile device that does what I need, please.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    04-16-16 12:44 PM
    I generally view each BlackBerry as my last, in case one of the many rumors of Blackberry's demise proves true. As long as my Passport is in good working order I'll be in no hurry to replace it. If my only choice in the future is a BlackBerry running Android I will probably try it, though with reluctance, as I like BB10 better than any other OS I've tried. Ultimately, a phone is a phone, so I'll make do.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-16 01:58 PM
    Everyone has different tastes and requirements. Your solution would not work in my case because I don't want to carry around a phone and a tablet. Give me a single mobile device that does what I need, please.
    I know. I'm just saying that there are other options. I'd sooner buy a Nokia 230 than an overpriced iPhone, S7 or Priv.
    04-16-16 03:07 PM
    I would get a Priv (loved the Torch) for the simple fact it's a slider.

...so which one of you fine gentlemen would like to get me a ... Priv
    04-17-16 03:26 AM
    I'm going to order a new-but-old LG G3. For $200 new in box that's a steal. 32gb storage, SD slot, removable battery, and the Marshmallow update is out.

I will use it through the summer and see if I still have keyboard withdrawal. If I do then maybe I will still get a Passport.

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless
    04-17-16 07:54 AM
    I'm going to order a new-but-old LG G3. For $200 new in box that's a steal. 32gb storage, SD slot, removable battery, and the Marshmallow update is out.

I will use it through the summer and see if I still have keyboard withdrawal. If I do then maybe I will still get a Passport.

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless
    There are so many inexpensive alternatives now that it makes it easier to try something different.
    kvndoom likes this.
    04-17-16 08:27 AM
    I sure will. My daughter got her a new Priv and it's a fabulous device! And she loves it better than any phone she's ever had and this is her first BlackBerry, I still ordered a new passport last week, only because of the screen size, I have been impressed with her Priv though

Posted via CB10
    04-17-16 08:43 AM
    I don't see why my next phone wouldn't be a BlackBerry. But not BB10. The app gap poses no major obstacle to me, but there are two primary issues with BB10 that do not sit well with me: freedom of choice, and the inefficiencies created by workarounds and patches for the occasional app I need that is not supported 'out of the box'. These 'hacks' are just unacceptable at the prices they are asking. Over time it is obvious these improvised solutions will slowly fail as the runtime falls behind, so it is only a question of how much frustration a person is willing to endure. Many have already lost patience which is completely understandable. Regardless, the chance of ever seeing a new BB10 phone is slim to none so a Passport SE is as good as its going to get, and that is my current device.

Looking at all the options Priv despite its high price (which still needs to come down further) it does have some advantages over iOS and most Android devices: custom features focused on productivity and security, expandable SD card memory (*huge advantage particularly over iOS, Nexus, etc), no bloatware, import of some critical data from previous BlackBerry device, unrootable, BlackBerry keyboard which I consider a plus. I will also be comparing audio quality, screen resolution, camera quality, build quality, design features, and of course price. Perhaps a nice package deal with several accessories included, and also running Android M out of the box, might be enough to sweeten the deal for Priv.

As it stands currently, there is no immediate need to dump my SE in favour of a Priv...certainly not in exchange for the app permissions nightmare that is Lollipop, it's battery burning inefficiencies, etc.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by kputock; 04-17-16 at 10:05 AM.
    anon(6038817) likes this.
    04-17-16 09:33 AM
    There are so many inexpensive alternatives now that it makes it easier to try something different.
    Yeah it would be insulting to ask someone to sell their Passport SE for 200 bucks. Next year though, I have a feeling folks would gladly take that offer.
    04-17-16 10:05 AM
    Yeah it would be insulting to ask someone to sell their Passport SE for 200 bucks. Next year though, I have a feeling folks would gladly take that offer.
    I see them going on ebay for about �250. They're second hand, of course. One could imagine that they'd bought the device initially but decided to sell once the penny dropped that it doesn't have snapchat lol...

Q10 - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    04-17-16 11:16 AM
    I agree definitely looking into a passport, not crazy about apps. I am into productivity not gimmicks and time wasting apps. Nothing beats email on a Blackberry.
    04-19-16 07:13 AM
    I might consider the Vienna/Rome or whatever, if it ever sees the light of day, and if it's indeed "mid-range". I'm not a PKB diehard, but neither am I a VKB-only person. I've always enjoyed using Word Sub on PKB, from way back when it was called "auto-text". My old SideKick had it, and I developed my own private shorthand with it. That would make it worthwhile to me, but not at Priv prices.

My current OnePlus One's specs are now mid-range, I suppose, and I have no problems with it. It's turning out to be one of the most dependable phones I've ever used. If BlackBerry could come close in terms of price and specs, I'd probably go for it. After all, it's two years later. If OnePlus could do it for $350 in 2014, maybe BlackBerry can do it for $400 in 2016.

But when I put it that way, it makes it very hard to see why BlackBerry would do it...
    Bbnivende and JeepBB like this.
    04-19-16 09:51 AM
    If there is a change in CEO position and a leader with vision and most importantly, ethics, I would consider a BlackBerry.

Since BlackBerry never ever learns a lesson, whether it's corporate culture or pricing or advertising or even the importance of consumer privacy and security I guess the real answer for me is "no" .

But if someone bought the handset division and did everthing the exact opposite of Chen I'd be all in.

Z5 - E6853 / Android 6.0 / T-Mobile USA
    04-19-16 11:28 AM
    Definitely!! I have a passport, and don't want to let it go. Almost 2 years now, bought it on the day of the release. After this goes plan to go for a porche 9883, else buy another passport. However I don't think that this will go for next 2 -3 years, not in terms of getting work done at least.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-16 12:01 PM
    I would buy an Android BlackBerry. I am hoping BlackBerry would be able to add real value to the platform. Better, mail and text applications. A better settings screen. Professional graphics and design choices. A sturdy device with features that business customers want like external memory, removable battery, and a decent camera.

I like to think that BlackBerry can apply their design DNA onto an Android device. The PRIV is a good start but I think that more is achievable.
    TgeekB likes this.
    04-19-16 12:11 PM
    If Chen's new droidberries coming out this year are compact, I'd consider it. The build quality would have to be pretty amazing to get me to leave BB10. Keep in mind I said BUILD not SPECS. Midrange specs are fine for me. Give me something Q10 sized with a keyboard that runs android, and I'd bite.

Even though BB10 is on its way out, I'd still buy another BB10 device if it were a Q10-sized successor. Would actually prefer a new BB10 over android for sure, but I know that's just dreaming at this point. Sigh.

 C L A S S I C
    04-19-16 12:56 PM
    The screen for a new non Android PKB device will not be square. Our best guess would be a device with the width of a Classic and the length of a Leap.
    04-19-16 03:19 PM
    My wife and I have Z10's. Have no plans yet to replace them, but would consider a new BB10, if they ever make one. Looks like we will stick with the Z10's until they are no longer functional. At that point I don't know what phone we would move to. Have only used BlackBerry phones and PlayBook over the past dozen years.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-16 03:28 PM
    Id buy a BB 10 device in a heartbeat. sStill the better mouse trap.

There is only one app I need that is not available in BB World and I run its Droid version.

That said, the Priv would be a tie between it and a Samsung. newer devices more like my Z30 might sway me, but it seems John Chen is determined to get out of the device business and with little or no advertising in the US it may be destiny.
    04-19-16 03:32 PM
    Well have just tried the nexus for the past few months... not a fan really. So going to try the iphone SE next..

I would love a blackberry, but dont want a droid, and the passport is just too big.

Back on the z10 again

Posted via CB10
    04-19-16 04:18 PM
466 ... 1314151617 ...