I would only buy priv if the hub integration is as good as BlackBerry 10

Posted using my lovely Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2876. Faced no issues since 3 years. Love BlackBerry very much. Posted via CB10
    That would be awesome if blackberry "baked in" hub into android os. Now hub is good but it does not feel like part of os. It feels like an app. Having said that I use it all the time and I love it. Priv is my favourite blackberry phone. I would not switch it for anything else. Plus I got it for $650CAN
    hoytbowhunter likes this.
    04-06-16 12:11 PM
    And that's the problem with JC's comments. Many being quite ridiculous actually. Why spook people about the companies Hardware Division, when you are trying to sell phones? Then come out and tell people you still believe in the Hardware Division.

How about MARKETING for once, and actually release phones that people want to buy. BlackBerry completely IGNORED the Z10 and Z30 all touch market. And that very thing alone killed this companies Hardware Sales. This is not an opinion, its Basic Fact.

Passport is a great device, but caters to less then 1% of the market. All Touch cater to 99% of the market. Which one would you choose if you were looking for Hardware Sales? lol Common Freaking Sense.
    About 50% of the BB10 market want an all touch. The BB10 market is less than 1%. Even with a new Z30, BlackBerry could not sell enough BB10 devices to be profitable.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-16 01:16 PM
    I'm a very proud user of Blackberry Q10 and I very boastfully moved to Blackberry Classic. I'm a die hard fan of Blackberry 10OS and I would love to buy any Blackberry 10 device in the future, if it comes out. I'm not going to buy any of the android powered devices by Blackberry. I hope they don't kill 10OS and work around to make it more profitable for themselves in the future. With Iphones being hacked by Feds and Android phones being maligned by all sorts of bugware all the time who wouldn't think of an alternative. Chen needs to capitalize on that mentality and they need to deliver fast and as promised, no more delays no more pushing the deadlines but in fact delivering it. Chen is doing every thing but keeping the existing Blackberry customer base happy. He needs to keep his loyal customers happy where ever they are. Come up with mid tier phones and not necessarily with over the head type of specs. There was a time when there was a huge demand for an upgraded Z30 and there were rumors of Z50, had it seen the light of the day Im pretty sure the number of people using phones would have remained steady in those passing years of turmoil rather than dwindling. Plus Chen is always looking towards the bigger markets where competition is tough and ignore the places where it could have literally captured a chunk of the segment had they invested in the marketing and proper availability of the service. Blackberry made the same mistake as nokia did by ditching their own software segment and opting for the windows os and every body knows how it turned out for them. So dear chen BB10OS is by the best out their in the world , don't kill it and do some thing for your existing customer base too along with try to woo in some new customers.
    04-06-16 01:23 PM
    About 50% of the BB10 market want an all touch. The BB10 market is less than 1%. Even with a new Z30, BlackBerry could not sell enough BB10 devices to be profitable.

Posted via CB10
    Then release a high end full touch Android BlackBerry, it will appeal to 99% of the Android new generation, who want apps and are more and more aware of security issues.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    04-06-16 01:52 PM
    Sadly, I have to say a big NO! I've had the 8700g, 9700, 9900, Z10, Q10, Passport and a Playbook. The Z10, Q10 and the Playbook all suffered the red flashing light of death and I have no desire to try to get them back working, why would I anyway. The Passport I still use for work, and I have the other fruit phone for personal use. Never liked Android not even with a Blackberry logo on the back, and no desire for a slider, so not much choice. It actually feels good to be able to download apps that I need/like without jumping through hoops, deal with crashes, and slow load times. I am finally ok with the change
    04-06-16 03:43 PM
    Just order 2x nexus 5x 32 GB for 319,00 euro each for the wife and myself to test drive, probarly will keep using my passport and give the nexus to my daughter. After my Passport I will defintly not go for BlackBerry anymore, or they must give us android runtime 6 then I'm willing to buy a spare passport or z30.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-16 03:48 PM
    It's really hard to say ... I'd love to buy one but i dont know if I will. Priv is an amazing piece of hardware and I'm certain future Android Blackberries will be really well designed but regarding software I'm far from sure. I can't say that I trust Google and its mobile platform but maybe I'll just have to get over it.
    04-06-16 04:01 PM
    I definitely will. Loved the bbos devices, BlackBerry 10 devices and the priv. Still an active user of all these devices. I'm very keen to see what will be next from BlackBerry. Let's keep the track pad.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-06-16 04:57 PM
    Having just gotten my Passport SE, I'm starting to dig this keyboard. Flicking works well.

Next phone will definely be the priv or Viennaas the keyboard is winning me over.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-16 05:34 PM
    I do not think I will...at least in a near future. I started with the 9000, then a Curve, then the 9900 and the Q10, tried the Z10 and continued with the Z30 (the best of them all) and finally, because of the keyboard, I am using a Classic. Nope, I don't care for the Android system, no matter the make or brand. I like even less the iPhones... so if the BB10 "dies" the only road I see is to go with a LUMIA. Tired of the disappointments I have suffered with BlackBerry, which started with the infamous Playbook.
    04-06-16 07:07 PM
    I do not think I will...at least in a near future. I started with the 9000, then a Curve, then the 9900 and the Q10, tried the Z10 and continued with the Z30 (the best of them all) and finally, because of the keyboard, I am using a Classic. Nope, I don't care for the Android system, no matter the make or brand. I like even less the iPhones... so if the BB10 "dies" the only road I see is to go with a LUMIA. Tired of the disappointments I have suffered with BlackBerry, which started with the infamous Playbook.
    What makes you think that a Lumia would be better than an Android or iPhone ?
    04-06-16 08:09 PM
    Yes.
    My first Blackberry experience was Z10, and now Z30, but unfortunately STA100-2 which after upgrade to 10.3 drops the Wi-Fi signal. Since you can't find look and strength in the same house, I'm planning to find a brand new Bold Touch 9900 which is actually a downgrade, but I love the prestige and size, which fits in hand. I also look for a Passport as a powerhouse (and the OS10 guy!)
    Priv is an option for backup phone, but OVERpriced. you can buy a Samsung Galaxy S 7 Edge for look and performance, or if you're so classy, maybe a Porsche Design P9983!!
    I was tempted several times to buy Galaxy S 7 Edge and I really love it, I was into Samsung before entering Blackberry world. But, I can't imagine leaving Paratek, battery life, robust OS experience.
    I totally agree!!

Posted via the CrackBerry App on my BlackBerry Priv �
    anon(9878325) likes this.
    04-06-16 08:17 PM
    BlackBerry isn't a hardware company anyway. I love using the Z30...best phone I've had thus far but the one thing that keeps me using a BlackBerry is BB10. Seeing that BB10 is apparently being put to mothballs, and the Z30 is discontinued with little to no chance of getting a sibling like it running BB10, I'll more than likely move to an Android phone like an S7 or whatever new flavor is out there. Hate Android but if there's no choice other than Crapple, I'll have to suck it up and deal with the headaches.

Still rockin the  Z30 and lovin it! BB10 still king!
    04-06-16 08:25 PM
    Wow, totally hot topic to get so many comments in a couple of days. And a lot are saying what I feel too. Heavy heart, heavy sigh, and fond memories and emotions, but time to say goodbye and thanks for the good times. I've been sold on Windows 10. They have an awesome plan to make their phones into full blown computers in the near future with continuum. Look up the HP Elite x3 phone coming this summer on the HP website (or Windows Central) and see what it's going to do, it's just awesome. Haven't felt that way since I first started looking up BB10 and how good that was. Guess I'm a sucker for the little guy with big plans. BlackBerry has turned into the little guy with no plan other than to be assimilated by the Droid. Resistance is not futile!

Posted via CB10
    dolco likes this.
    04-06-16 08:35 PM
    What makes you think that a Lumia would be better than an Android or iPhone ?
    Maybe not better...but different. I had a 925 Windows phone and OS was good on Windows 8:1. I have read that Windows 10 is real buggy and not as smooth as 8:1. Coming from BB10 a person will be used to not having alot of apps. I was going back and forth between the Priv and Lumia 950. Priv won out because of:

1. More App selection.
    2. Priv feels and look more premium (Trust me...looks count. Can you say S7 Edge??)
    3.PKB on Priv...unique and different from the sea of all touch devices.
    4 Slight BB10 overlay over stock Android OS (Hub, BBM, Calendar)

Rumor that MS is going to bring a Surface phone in early 2017. If BB pulls out of handset business (Hope not) last quarter of 2016...the kid may go MS next year. Until then...it is Priv time!!!!
    Last edited by Bay 13; 04-06-16 at 09:21 PM.
    04-06-16 08:58 PM
    No, no reason if they let OS10 die and developer support is declining rapidly. It's a sad thing that soon there will be only two platforms on the market.

Also, don't think Windows Phone will be an alternative. It's clear the new strategy is apps and no longer hardware since it's a losing proposition. Look at the Microsoft app catalog, it's expanded onto the two major platforms. Their hardware, they haven't released any Flagship phones for a while, they are not investing in their operating system for mobile. Phone 10 is still not released as a final. These are all signs imo.

Perhaps far into the future they'll release something other than what phones look like now to break the market open again, but at this moment there's no reason imo.
    04-06-16 09:57 PM
    Maybe not better...but different. I had a 925 Windows phone and OS was good on Windows 8:1. I have read that Windows 10 is real buggy and not as smooth as 8:1. Coming from BB10 a person will be used to not having alot of apps. I was going back and forth between the Priv and Lumia 950. Priv won out because of:

1. More App selection.
    2. Priv feels and look more premium (Trust me...looks count. Can you say S7 Edge??)
    3.PKB on Priv...unique and different from the sea of all touch devices.
    4 Slight BB10 overlay over stock Android OS (Hub, BBM, Calendar)

Rumor that MS is going to bring a Surface phone in early 2017. If BB pulls out of handset business (Hope not) last quarter of 2016...the kid may go MS next year. Until then...it is Priv time!!!!
    I had the S7, it's not near as nice as the Priv imo

Posted via the CrackBerry App on my BlackBerry Priv �
    04-06-16 10:24 PM
    ...just did.
    04-07-16 01:13 AM
    So the apple 5 is busted,... the new SE comes out....and its tiny and its price starts at the price of a Passport. The androids: Sony, Motorola Samesong etc...ho hum....yes I'd buy another Blackberry.
    04-07-16 01:15 AM
    Never

Posted via CB10
    04-07-16 01:32 AM
    I have an iPhone to move back to but if worst comes to worst for Blackberry, I feel like I am losing a sibling or something.
    04-07-16 01:34 AM
    I would buy another BlackBerry.

I would NOT buy an Android by BlackBerry. Period.
    04-07-16 01:48 AM
    Hi !
    Well, I've bought the Priv.
    I had to sent it back... very poor quality compared to the Passport.
    And Android does not seem very fitted to Priv.
    04-07-16 05:46 AM
    No, and I'm very sad saying this...
    04-07-16 06:39 AM
    You never know, I broke down last night when I saw Amazon has brand new unlocked Priv for $637.99 and if you have Prime the shipping is free. Due to arrive the 11th. Fully compatible on ATT and T-Mobile. Amazon.com: Priv Blackberry Unlocked Smartphone - Black (U.S. Warranty): Cell Phones & Accessories
    Dave Liao likes this.
    04-07-16 06:44 AM
466 ... 910111213 ...