My Wife has a new Moto X Pure and it's nice and all but I hate message integration on Andriod. I love my Q10 and have been looking at a passport or a Priv. I really want to see a Priv in action before making that leap. I just don;t think I can loose my Hub.

Not a huge Facebook user but the limitations on the new app pretty much suck imo.

Thakis
    04-05-16 05:29 PM
    My Wife has a new Moto X Pure and it's nice and all but I hate message integration on Andriod. I love my Q10 and have been looking at a passport or a Priv. I really want to see a Priv in action before making that leap. I just don;t think I can loose my Hub.

Not a huge Facebook user but the limitations on the new app pretty much suck imo.

Thakis
    Question: why would you look at a Priv if you hate message integration on Android?
    04-05-16 05:30 PM
    Wouldn't mind trying the priv
    04-05-16 05:58 PM
    I have been in the same position as you! from bold 9000 to 9780 and another 9780 then the z10 then the q10! If they give me a nice 'bold looking' qwerty keyboard with android or android apps running i would definitely move!
    04-05-16 06:24 PM
    I disagree with you. The only thing that is better on your new S7 is the the screen. When it comes to software, Blackberry OS 10 beats iOS and Android in all aspects excepts (games of course); and when it comes to hardware, even my 4-year old BB Bold 9900 has better quality than all iPhone and Android devices combined!
    And most humans disagree with you. So in other words, it's individual choice.
    ronfc and JeepBB like this.
    04-05-16 06:52 PM
    So we all move on best device price wise is the google nexus 5X instead of the Priv.
    There are a bunch of flagships that are on the same price range of the 5X, mainly the LG G4 and HTC One M9, except if you really want a pure Android experience.
    04-05-16 07:07 PM
    ...and you're a CrackBerry Forum Moderator... that speaks volumes. I agree with others, my heart says yes but my brain says no.
    I'm a volunteer and I have my fair share of heartache when it comes to BlackBerry
    andy957 likes this.
    04-05-16 07:39 PM
    I will definitely will. I have a z10 and a priv. I'm going to pick up a passport. I have always like the Blackberry phones and enjoy my priv.
    04-05-16 07:51 PM
    I love my Z10. Best phone that I ever had. Facebook is a big part of it for my communications. The Priv is a nice phone but it looks like Facebook drove a stake into BB10's coffin. Sales on BB10,s are going to get killed. And eventually I think discontinued. What average consumer would buy a BB10 phone now with no Facebook? Lots of returns I bet. Does this make Blackberry a one trick pony with the Priv? 1 more month I'll give Blackberry to get my Facebook back. Probably get an S7.
    04-05-16 08:51 PM
    Question: why would you look at a Priv if you hate message integration on Android?
    So what you are saying is message integration on Android (Which is BAD) is just as bad on the BlackBerry Android version? So in that case, why on earth would anybody want a PRIV? They shouldn't even call it a BlackBerry if it lacks this feature. BlackBerry are WELL KNOWN for superior Messaging Integration & Communications.
    04-05-16 09:22 PM
    My next Device will be a BB10 based phone capable of replacing my Z30. Until then, I'll stick to the Z30 for as long as possible.
    04-05-16 09:22 PM
    I'm on the fence about buying a Priv. I'm asking questions about Priv advantages over other Android phones over in Android Central. Chen's statement has spooked me so I need to be reasonably sure that if I get a Priv it will get updates even if BlackBerry stops handset sales. For example, if we get an Android update, will BlackBerry update the launcher, hub, etc to work properly?

Me Storm 2>Z10>Z30
    Wife Q5
    Adult daughter Curve>Q10

Posted via CB10
    And that's the problem with JC's comments. Many being quite ridiculous actually. Why spook people about the companies Hardware Division, when you are trying to sell phones? Then come out and tell people you still believe in the Hardware Division.

How about MARKETING for once, and actually release phones that people want to buy. BlackBerry completely IGNORED the Z10 and Z30 all touch market. And that very thing alone killed this companies Hardware Sales. This is not an opinion, its Basic Fact.

Passport is a great device, but caters to less then 1% of the market. All Touch cater to 99% of the market. Which one would you choose if you were looking for Hardware Sales? lol Common Freaking Sense.
    04-05-16 09:28 PM
    I've been with BB since the two way pager days and it's hard to imagine me with another device. Plus, I'm a PKB man...

I fell like they left me, as in I'm forced to leave them because they quit the business...
    04-05-16 09:31 PM
    Not a droid. And if I need to switch it will be a used phone on prepaid.
    I'm a sensible sort.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-16 10:41 PM
    I'd myself definitely consider getting another BlackBerry in the future, if they promise to keep up with the OS and ensure that the apps are well kept and developed. It will be a serious decision, though. As of now, I'm not very much into apps either, which makes me almost fine with my new Classic!

BlackBerry is an absolute enigma to me. Despite all it has gone through, something peculiar and uncanny about it attracts me. Maybe the fact that it has become a clich�d (sort of) brand these days. Can't say. Anyone else?
    Absolute Shambles!

Also someone mentioned about getting a BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition if the cost drops, by any chance. Have to admit, its arguably the best looking smartphone out there right now.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    04-05-16 11:41 PM
    Well, as a BB fan and a android user at the same time, while i have purchased my z30 a week ago, definitely i would will get a priv when the price gets more wallet friendly for myself. Will keep my bb10 device as a work device as long as the OS will live
    04-06-16 01:32 AM
    i bought priv and i love it
    04-06-16 03:38 AM
    I would only buy priv if the hub integration is as good as BlackBerry 10

Posted using my lovely Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2876. Faced no issues since 3 years. Love BlackBerry very much. Posted via CB10
    silversmith75 likes this.
    04-06-16 05:19 AM
    Honestly, have been in this dilemma for the past several weeks and especially after JC's latest announcements.

Just like most of you, have been a die hard BB fan for around 9 years now; Pearl, Curve 8900, Bolds 9700, 9780, 9900, Q10, Z10 and Passport. Never enjoyed using iOS or Android and been always showing off the BB10 and how stable it is. Although the other OS are more smooth and do not involve 3rd party apps and glitches but BB10 is the real deal when it comes to productivity and overall performance.

Never been an app fanatic but not having FB integration raised a lot of questions in my head on the future of the company and who knows what other apps integration will stop all of a sudden?

Android has not been stable on any phone i've seen so far (haven't seen anyone holding an Android phone for more than a year and then they just want to change it - unless they are not financially capable) so i honestly do not see Blackberry having any more stable Android based phones compared to those that have been in the market for several years now.

iOS? I feel i'm using a toy or a game boy not a phone!

Even if Blackberry break even their handsets sales, will they still release BB10 phones? Obviously not, the turn is going to Android and that's not what i'm personally looking for. Haven't seen anyone 'absolutely satisfied' with Priv compared to Passport - at least from the feedback i have read so far (please share your opinion otherwise as i would love to be convinced with Priv).

Truly do not know what would my next phone be; all i care about is emails (and no one beats Blackberry in this aspect) but apps integration is a surplus too when it comes to contacts syncing (at least) and proper news feeds - at which Blackberry is falling behind at the moment.

Its like a child whom his parents stripped all his favorite toys and replaced them with one new ugly toy which he's forced to play with...
    xKingHopy likes this.
    04-06-16 05:29 AM
    Dear Wybrem
    My name is Farid, I came across this comment and saw you got a BlackBerry and you will buy another phone. My request is that I am asking for your BES plan Activation If you accept ?
    Best Regards, Farid.
    04-06-16 07:19 AM
    yes, sure!! of course with BB10 os.
    04-06-16 08:54 AM
    It's probably the end of the road for me as far as BlackBerry phones. I will not buy an Android phone, so that likely rules out any future BlackBerry devices.

I can't see myself getting another BlackBerry at this point unless it's for the sake of nostalgia a couple years from now.

My first BlackBerry device was a PlayBook. The way that turned out should have raised a red flag for me about getting too entrenched in the BlackBerry universe, but the phones were just too good to resist. I've used a Curve 8530, Torch 9810, Bold 9930, Z10, Q10, Q5, and Z30 - all of them brilliant in their own ways.
    Writing that post yesterday caused me to reevaluate. So what if BB10 is on life support? Why not enjoy the ride as long as it lasts?

I'm back on my Q10 "Bold Edition" now and my thumbs are in heaven.

Will you buy another BlackBerry?-wp_20160213_003.jpg

I might even go for a Classic or Passport now that prices have come down.

Posted from my  Q10 via CB10
    Uzi likes this.
    04-06-16 09:18 AM
    I had to leave...

I loved my passport, but a lot of my music bookings (it's a business too), and rehearsals all get booked through facebook messenger. I thought my passport was best phone I ever owned, and it was. But once the contact and hub functionality left, it wouldn't do the job for me anymore. It literally makes me sad every time I think about it. I had to go to an iPhone 6, which is a really good device. But I wish all the time, that I didn't have to leave my passport behind. When I got it, I thought I would have it for years, what a well built device. At the end, software limitations and the way it impacted me on a business level, were too much to overcome.
    04-06-16 09:40 AM
    Z10 starting to show its age. I'd prefer replacing it with a PPSE, but reading about the difficulties some have encountered with apps, makes me gunshy. Leaning to an iPhone SE. And it really, really hurts to say that.

8800 - 9000 - Z10 -?
    04-06-16 10:08 AM
    I'm new to BlackBerry but I started out with a Treo. To me they're similar. I like my Passport and am thinking of buying another to have a reserve.
    04-06-16 11:23 AM
466 ... 89101112 ...