No more Blackberry's after this Passport.
    04-05-16 01:14 PM
    Nope, I am done with Blackberry. I still believe BB10 is a great OS but they weren't successful on projecting that. I am still using the Z10 with a Asus Zenfone 2. but now I"m waiting on the new Nexus which might be at the end of this year. I want the Priv though, I don't want to get it and be disappointed again.

Like a few have mentioned, are they going to keep updating the priv?
    04-05-16 01:20 PM
    absolutely. Would like the follow-on to the Passport, but if not available will buy the android powered BlackBerry.
    04-05-16 01:30 PM
    Android powered Passport would be off the chain.
    04-05-16 01:35 PM
    I did something last week i never thought i would ever do.. gave up my BB and got a Note 5. I guess the relationship is over.
    But i feel BlackBerry gave up on me first.. it was good while it lasted.
    I feel the same way somewhat but I will stick it out until the next one and see how that goes
    04-05-16 01:38 PM
    If it's any good, I will. Or hold on to my PP SE. It might be time to switch but I just can't.
    04-05-16 02:00 PM
    I just want a telephone with physical keyboard and not bigger than classic !!
    04-05-16 02:03 PM
    Just gonna throw this rough estimate out there; from looking at the responses it would seem that 70% + are looking to dump BlackBerry completely. Now, this is something pretty major tbh. When you take into consideration this is a fan base community.

Q10 - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    Yup Chen really wanted to kill hardware. He can slap himself on the back. Cause He did it. Hienz had it down on its knees. Chen who could have brought it back. Put the final bullet in it. Switching to Android was a colossal mistake. And they are reaping the rewards of it.

#luvmybb10os
    elmit22 likes this.
    04-05-16 02:07 PM
    Yes, I'll buy another BlackBerry even if it's an android. I prefer all touch phone. Android powered Z30 will be nice.
    04-05-16 02:09 PM
    Well, I've had the Curve 8900, Curve 9360, Bold 9900, Z10, Q5, Q10, and the Classic but I'm skeptical on the OS10 future. If Blackberry put Android in the Classic form factor I'd definitely be IN.
    04-05-16 02:26 PM
    It's probably the end of the road for me as far as BlackBerry phones. I will not buy an Android phone, so that likely rules out any future BlackBerry devices.

I can't see myself getting another BlackBerry at this point unless it's for the sake of nostalgia a couple years from now.

My first BlackBerry device was a PlayBook. The way that turned out should have raised a red flag for me about getting too entrenched in the BlackBerry universe, but the phones were just too good to resist. I've used a Curve 8530, Torch 9810, Bold 9930, Z10, Q10, Q5, and Z30 - all of them brilliant in their own ways.
    04-05-16 02:38 PM
    I always admired Blackberry and I fell in love with BB10 when first I bought the Q10, then the Passport then I planned to switch to the Passport SE. unfortunately I had to discard that plan, since the Whatsapp end was annonced. I moved to another Android phone, I'll wait Blackberry to solve the WhatsApp problem and I will buy Blackberry again but only working on BB10 because the Android worth nothing comparing to the BB OS.
    04-05-16 02:40 PM
    I did something last week i never thought i would ever do.. gave up my BB and got a Note 5. I guess the relationship is over.
    But i feel BlackBerry gave up on me first.. it was good while it lasted.
    I did the same thing 2 weeks ago, I had to let go of my Passport SE (I had basically every BB phone that come out in the past 5-6yrs). I was really hesitant of doing it but the lack of support of BB10 and no more support from Whatsapp and FB made me get the Samsung S7 Edge. I got to say, at first I missed the hub etc.. but all the stuff that you can do and the beautiful screen for viewing videos etc.. puts BlackBerry to shame. I do however miss the QWERTY keyboard and do hope that maybe one day they do come out with an Android Passport.
    TgeekB and newfie1974 like this.
    04-05-16 02:44 PM
    I did the same thing 2 weeks ago, I had to let go of my Passport SE (I had basically every BB phone that come out in the past 5-6yrs). I was really hesitant of doing it but the lack of support of BB10 and no more support from Whatsapp and FB made me get the Samsung S7 Edge. I got to say, at first I missed the hub etc.. but all the stuff that you can do and the beautiful screen for viewing videos etc.. puts BlackBerry to shame. I do however miss the QWERTY keyboard and do hope that maybe one day they do come out with an Android Passport.
    I disagree with you. The only thing that is better on your new S7 is the the screen. When it comes to software, Blackberry OS 10 beats iOS and Android in all aspects excepts (games of course); and when it comes to hardware, even my 4-year old BB Bold 9900 has better quality than all iPhone and Android devices combined!
    xKingHopy and nt300 like this.
    04-05-16 03:15 PM
    definitely!!! what's wrong with u all?
    benwards2 and nt300 like this.
    04-05-16 03:19 PM
    My wife Z30 get worser and there is no alternative so I plan to buy a nexus 5X for her, so only using it for social media and music but she still in doubt because she wanted a BlackBerry device , but not the Leap for a downgrade.

My daughter allready have a google device after here Z10 and my brother also moved away from BB10 and I see know a lot of people from my bbm groups moving away to because there is no allternative.

Move on BlackBerry ,you know your market for prospects with low sales and you forgot your full screen users in 2015 ,who all moved away.

So the Q is will I stay with BlackBerry , NO after my device is done I will move on.

BlackBerry will bring out there last update in April 2017 for BB10. John Chen also said they will continue with Android and he wanted to make it the most secure Android platform. There will be no BB10 device this year and it's done with BB10.

So we all move on best device price wise is the google nexus 5X instead of the Priv.
    04-05-16 03:27 PM
    Had a BlackBerry Bold 9700 then Torch and now Q10. Used each for around 3 years. Now after this no BlackBerry. Have better options like Microsoft Lumia devices with same productivity. Sadly will miss the physical keyboard. And faster update cycle, Windows phones are more secure than BlackBerry Android devices like Priv.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-16 03:31 PM
    I disagree with you. The only thing that is better on your new S7 is the the screen. When it comes to software, Blackberry OS 10 beats iOS and Android in all aspects excepts (games of course); and when it comes to hardware, even my 4-year old BB Bold 9900 has better quality than all iPhone and Android devices combined!
    I thought the exact same thing until I got the S7 and played around with it for a few days. You're reasoning is valid for other mid-level android devices and probably iPhones as well.
    04-05-16 03:34 PM
    I just got a priv for the moment. Had two passports and both came with issues. Not still convinced with android, but in the meantime it is what it is. After years with blackberry and as a former shareholder, I do not see a future. Sad end of times.
    04-05-16 03:38 PM
    No. Sadly my Z30 is the last. Been on BlackBerry since 1999.
    04-05-16 03:42 PM
    Will continue to buy a new BlackBerry as long as they continue to make compelling devices. I have a Priv and love it.
    anon(9721458) likes this.
    04-05-16 03:43 PM
    BlackBerry user since my first slider, even bought bunches of Storms on the cheap for backups. Never had any real problems (even w/ the Storm 1s when the OS was updated outside the US). I'm on a passport now but this whole Android integration on the last update has really screwed the pooch on it for me - apps not deleting, comms not silent when I want, hang ups and lock ups.
    Truth is I just might go full toot Android just to see what a purebred runs like. I really am torn about staying with all the operating mayhem.
    04-05-16 04:53 PM
    Hmm hard ask. But personally, I would not get one.
    ...and you're a CrackBerry Forum Moderator... that speaks volumes. I agree with others, my heart says yes but my brain says no.
    Couver81 likes this.
    04-05-16 05:06 PM
    ...and you're a CrackBerry Forum Moderator... that speaks volumes. I agree with others, my heart says yes but my brain says no.
    Seems like many of the forum moderators and 'top posters' either jumped ship from a device with a BlackBerry OS, or at least have two platforms they use.

Who would'a thunk it?!

 Passport/SQW100-3 .2876 CB10 
    andy957 likes this.
    04-05-16 05:21 PM
    Seems like many of the forum moderators and 'top posters' either jumped ship from a device with a BlackBerry OS, or at least have two platforms they use.

Who would'a thunk it?!

 Passport/SQW100-3 .2876 CB10 
    Pretty indicative of the real world. Pretty much every BB owner I know personally also has another phone that's not a BB, be it an iPhone, Android or even Windows Phone. Though not so much Windows Phone lol. Arguably, BlackBerry helped kill off some of their own 'loyalty' by launching an Android device anyway.

They spent years telling people Android wasn't as good as BlackBerry in not so many words and then they went ahead and launched an Android device lol. They created a divide within their own loyal users. Plus, they opened the doors to the idea 'eh, maybe Android isn't so bad' and while some opted to try the Priv to find that out, others decided to try devices from others such as Samsung, LG, etc etc. and may never return to BlackBerry because of it.
    andy957, jope28, TgeekB and 6 others like this.
    04-05-16 05:28 PM
466 ... 7891011 ...