I would wait for BlackBerry to make another phone. I am really liking the reviews of the priv though.
    04-04-16 07:12 PM
    I will use Z30 for a while. If the price of the Passport SE drops in next few months,I will consider buying one. Passport SE is a real beauty.
    fof9l likes this.
    04-04-16 07:13 PM
    Just gonna throw this rough estimate out there; from looking at the responses it would seem that 70% + are looking to dump BlackBerry completely. Now, this is something pretty major tbh. When you take into consideration this is a fan base community.

Q10 - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    jope28 likes this.
    04-04-16 07:34 PM
    No.

Been exclusive BB for about 8 years and the last to carry a BB (Passport right now) among dozens at my company but BB has moved on and left us all at the alter. They are focused on Android now and BB10 will die a long, slow, and agonizing (for BB10 users) death as they under-deliver anything remotely close to an 'update.' So now we have the hocus pocus BB Priv that has zero security over any other Android. It will tell you that such and such an app has taken your lunch money but it will not prevent it. The Play Store is a festering swamp of malware and MSFT10 is meh. iOS is in my future. The king is dead (or dying), long live the......
    04-04-16 07:45 PM
    I will keep buying conditional on the devices having Android. For some reason they stop I'll move to Samsung or LG

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on Priv.
    04-04-16 07:47 PM
    Yup! I own every one but the Pearl and I'll buy the next one that comes out. I'm using the BlackBerry Priv now.

Posted via the CrackBerry App on my BlackBerry Priv �
    04-04-16 08:02 PM
    I already got a Z10, Z30, and Passport SE.

The next one will be a Priv once the price gets to the $400 level.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    hoytbowhunter likes this.
    04-04-16 08:05 PM
    I actually don't mind BlackBerry went Android. I think it's great to have both security and all those apps.

What's holding me off from buying Priv is the hardware. The battery seems to be pretty poor comparing to Passport and Z30, and S7 Edge. The keyboard is there but pretty poor comparing to Passport and Classic. The build quality seems to be subpar. The speaker grid is hard to keep clean. And now the specs is not attractive anymore with all other new devices available.

Now they are talking about mid to lower end phones, that's a turn off.

I don't think the price point is too high for a high end phone, I think Priv is not competitive among premium phones.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    hoytbowhunter likes this.
    04-04-16 08:06 PM
    If they're cheap enough ;-)

Definitely give another one a go =)

Z10STL100-2/10.3.2.2876
    04-04-16 08:25 PM
    Absolutely
    04-04-16 08:43 PM
    Probably not as I don't see any serious commitments from BBRY on hardware and OS10 of the business.
    fof9l likes this.
    04-04-16 09:13 PM
    They need to release an Android phone that is the real deal on Verizon. They finally got the Priv on Verizon and now it is priced the same as the new Galaxy 7, but with last year's specs. I guess the price is supposed to drop this week, if it drops enough maybe I could be convinced to give it a try. I think a Passport running Android with the latest specs would be pretty cool, and I'd definitely give that a try if it can arrive on Verizon before it is outdated and hence overpriced.

I really want Blackberry to win me back, but they haven't convinced me yet. I've wanted to go back to their awesome physical keyboard forever, but couldn't do BBOS.

Now it just comes down to price, specs, release date. Before it was just the OS holding me back, but they finally got Android.
    04-04-16 09:21 PM
    If BlackBerry comes up with Z30 replacement in Android - maybe...

Been a long time BlackBerry user - but it's getting stale.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-16 09:29 PM
    Has sold my Classic, purchased back a 2nd 9900 to use with 6+. Actually, BBRY is just for sms + calling for me. The only reason i still own it 'cause i still miss the pkb and it superior in handling communication. That's all. No more investing for any brand new BBRY devices.
    04-04-16 09:37 PM
    Yes if it was a BB10 device. I moved on to iPhone when my Z10 died and Priv came out (don't like android)
    04-04-16 09:40 PM
    I wouldn't be too hard on BlackBerry for switching to Android. The Devs have made it clear they are only supporting 2 platforms, iOS and Android. If they are to survive, at all in any capacity, they HAD to make an Android phone.
    I for one think this has a tremendous upside. Sure, we all miss BB10 and mourn it's early demise. But Android gives BB some new life. And I, for one, am grateful.
    04-04-16 09:52 PM
    I'll keep my passport until some manufacturer comes out with something groundbreaking. I have no idea what that might be but I'll wait.

Posted via CB10
    fof9l likes this.
    04-04-16 10:03 PM
    Been exclusive to bb since 2005.. Highly doubt I would, my gf has been since 2006 and seriously looking at a iphone6se..

This really should be a poll thread... I'd like to see what the poll would reveal,
    TgeekB likes this.
    04-04-16 10:26 PM
    Even I need to change my handset, a I require few apps which r not available on BB,would like to try android version of BlackBerry but don't want to invest in Priv,instead if BlackBerry gives choice of on passport would like to shift on BlackBerry android
    04-04-16 10:31 PM
    Yes! Only if it is a BB10 smartphone and not a crapdroid device.

  
    jope28 likes this.
    04-04-16 10:35 PM
    That's kinda true. But I see it a bit different.
    If you already own a Q10, why would you switch to a Classic?
    It has exactly the same "internals".
    Spending that money only for a trackpad and a device with a non-removable battery?

A Z20 (successor to the Z10) and/or a Z50 (successor to the Z30) with great hardware could get more excitement - even from others than BlackBerry fans.

Posted via CB10
    Which is why I was wondering why they used the same SoC on the classic as the old Q10. I get the issue on the cost of drivers. But they already made the Passport, thus have access to drivers for the 801 SoC.

The same goes for Z10/Z30 sucessor. Instead of launching Leap, they could have launched Z20/Z50 with internals of Passport. There would be no additional cost for the drivers because, again, they already have drivers for the Passport internals (SoC and all). Maybe the only driver they would need is for the display. Without a clear upgrade plan for the Z10/Z30 users they would naturally abandon BB10.
    Slash82 likes this.
    04-04-16 10:52 PM
    I'm a relatively late convert to BlackBerry; my first BB was the Z10, which I thought was a fabulous phone, so much better as a phone and a communications device than the Android HTC that I was using at the time. Then came the Z30, and now I'm using my Passport. My wife moved from a Curve, which she loved, to a Z30 which i can't pry out of her hand.

So, would I buy another one? There would have to be something that represented real progress, otherwise quite frankly there's not much point in changing a phone that works well and does most of what I need. Would I like more apps? Sure I would - I gnash my teeth every time I see no BB support in new banking, news and road map apps. But new apps would only be incremental; I'm still OK with using browsers to access the sites for which Android users get dedicated apps. I would never go to an iPhone - Apple's non-expandability is legendary, and since I won't do it "their way", I guess it's the highway for me. So, it's BB10 all the way, and I'm on the lookout for a good used Euro-spec Z30 or Classic to store and use as a replacement for if the Passport dies. I reckon I have three or four more years at least, and by then who knows what could be available?
    Robert Bitter likes this.
    04-04-16 10:57 PM
    there is no time for me to continue for blackberry
    look at BB10 OS now very dissapointed..
    04-04-16 10:59 PM
    Just gonna throw this rough estimate out there; from looking at the responses it would seem that 70% + are looking to dump BlackBerry completely. Now, this is something pretty major tbh. When you take into consideration this is a fan base community.

Q10 - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    You're right, ZeBB45, the percentage that is thinking they will dump BB is way too high for a dedicated fanbase. But seriously, it reflects frustration and dissatisfaction with the way BlackBerry has been running as a company for the last two years. No advertising (and therefore no push through at phone stores), very little carrier support, no feeling that the company is even interested in supporting its current hardware, let alone developing new or upgrading its OS - all these things really turn people off, and if your numbers are correct, I'm surprised that the number of diehard BB loyalists - like me - is as high as 30%. Very very sad situation for a once-great company.
    04-04-16 11:07 PM
    never again.
    04-04-16 11:48 PM
466 ... 45678 ...