Nope. After 13 years with Blackberry, I am now using a Samsung S6 Edge. Bye Bye.

posted by either my Passport or S6 Edge, depending on my mood.
    04-04-16 06:05 AM
    I would be very happy with an Android Passport.

Posted via CB10
    Let it go, bro

Q10 - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    RoseBud68 likes this.
    04-04-16 06:32 AM
    I would buy another BB10 providing it was going to be properly supported but other than that, no.
    That's the big problem though. Supporting smartphones costs money. If BlackBerry isn't making profit off of selling smartphones than any additional money they invest into supporting them only adds to their total losses. I'm actually very surprised that BlackBerry has supported their BB10 devices as much as they have.
    04-04-16 08:40 AM
    I found a used passport for 250 Euros. I was tempted to get it right away but as days pass my doubts grow. Is it worth to invest on a phone that's going to last me a year or so? I had my z10 for almost three years and I�m happy with this little s****r. But if I put it back on its box I would want a device that makes it to 2019 at least. I�ve been told that Androids are not that long living devices, I only had an Asus padphone so I wouldn't know. I came back to my Z10 begging for mercy after a week I think. I�ve been looking to the Lumias Microsoft is putting on the shelves and since I'm a Windows user it kind of makes some sense if BBRY goes sowth.

I was so happy knowing I couldn't afford a passport... now I'm looking at every flashy-shinny little piece of tech I find in my way... so doomed.
    04-04-16 10:16 AM
    My contract is up, so I will get another Passport.
    BB10 can do everything I need and the Passport is a beast.

Posted via CB10
    Oshasat likes this.
    04-04-16 10:21 AM
    Yes. It will probably be the rumored mid range android. I will not buy another BB10 until my Z10 dies, unless they become so cheap that I can get one without much consideration and then keep my Z10 as back up. I have a four LS1 batteries still in packaging BTW.

If BlackBerry could make an android handset with similar specs to the Honor 5x for around the same price I'd get it tomorrow.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-16 10:30 AM
    I will not!

Posted via CB10 powered by Leap
    04-04-16 10:40 AM
    Yes. It will probably be the rumored mid range android. I will not buy another BB10 until my Z10 dies, unless they become so cheap that I can get one without much consideration and then keep my Z10 as back up. I have a four LS1 batteries still in packaging BTW.

If BlackBerry could make an android handset with similar specs to the Honor 5x for around the same price I'd get it tomorrow.

Posted via CB10
    I know right, they're way too expensive. It's not that BlackBerry devices are sought after. Chen wonders why he can't sell phones! I'm looking to buy a Passport SE, however, they're �470 unlocked off of amazon atm...

Q10 - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    04-04-16 10:42 AM
    Was going to get Passport SE, three of them. But since WhatsApp will stop supporting OS10, will look into Privs.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-16 10:43 AM
    Since BB10 has pretty much been on life support for the past couple of years (ok, maybe I exaggerate) the usability of my Z30 has slowly gotten worse and worse. Less and less development support means that I can't "get things done" anymore. I was so fed up that I recently got an Xperia Z5 Compact. Still getting used to the android experience but overall it works quite well for me.

There will be a handful of things I will miss from BB10 though like:
    - Hub (obviously). the Gmail and stock email apps are just... not comparable at all.. I don't understand how it has been so long yet there is no good email app for android...
    - customization of notifications are better I found on BB10.
    - BB Travel.
    - Password keeper
    04-04-16 10:46 AM
    I will stay with BlackBerry even know Chen is gonna drive us to a ditch. My q10 is just simply reliable! is my work phone my personal computer /phone....I don't even use my laptop at home anymore if could use BB10 os on a laptop or tablet I will use that all day! Plus will be brilliant! If BlackBerry can lunch such device I'll buy it...since the playbook tablet is not that great I don't like the QNX OS. Looking forward to get my passaport SE !

Posted via CB10
    04-04-16 11:08 AM
    I just bought a S6 from Rogers. The price was right $00.00. The Priv was just too expensive. Blackberry phones are generally better but the lack of good working apps was a problem. They need to offer all the models with android os, and lower price point. Tweak the existing shells and launch every 4 months. Give customers who bought a new phone in the last year a free upgrade, a lower discount if bought 1-2 years ago. Start pumping them. The phones out there are boring junk. They can surely compete with them, but people need choice.
    04-04-16 11:38 AM
    If there is a deep price cut to the Classic then yes if not no. BlackBerry's future in the handset division is just too bleak to warrant spending the amount they are currently charging for the Classic & the Passport. As much as I love BB10 and those phones it isn't worth it at that price point.
    04-04-16 11:51 AM
    I just bought a S6 from Rogers. The price was right $00.00. The Priv was just too expensive. Blackberry phones are generally better but the lack of good working apps was a problem. They need to offer all the models with android os, and lower price point. Tweak the existing shells and launch every 4 months. Give customers who bought a new phone in the last year a free upgrade, a lower discount if bought 1-2 years ago. Start pumping them. The phones out there are boring junk. They can surely compete with them, but people need choice.
    If there is a deep price cut to the Classic then yes if not no. BlackBerry's future in the handset division is just too bleak to warrant spending the amount they are currently charging for the Classic & the Passport. As much as I love BB10 and those phones it isn't worth it at that price point.
    Was that $00.00 US or CDN? But seriously, did you have to go on contract at a higher rate than if you brought your own phone. AT&T offers some free phones, but they aren't really free, at all, and you still have to pay sales tax up front.

I agree, at this point it just isn't worth it to pay the retail price for any BlackBerry OS 10 phone or the Priv. I think the unlocked Passports and of course the Z30s and Classics will be available at a big discount later on this year, both new (or refurbished) and used. As someone else mentioned here, the problem with buying these phones used is the battery. But is there a way to replace the battery yourself or through one of the phone repair shops?

The idea of having to go to Android via Samsung sounds bad to me, having fooled around with some of these phones. I wonder if the price on the Priv will drop substantially, as well. If not, I see no solution but the iPhone for me and my family. At least we would all be in sync.
    04-04-16 12:49 PM
    Was that $00.00 US or CDN? But seriously, did you have to go on contract at a higher rate than if you brought your own phone. AT&T offers some free phones, but they aren't really free, at all, and you still have to pay sales tax up front.

I agree, at this point it just isn't worth it to pay the retail price for any BlackBerry OS 10 phone or the Priv. I think the unlocked Passports and of course the Z30s and Classics will be available at a big discount later on this year, both new (or refurbished) and used. As someone else mentioned here, the problem with buying these phones used is the battery. But is there a way to replace the battery yourself or through one of the phone repair shops?

The idea of having to go to Android via Samsung sounds bad to me, having fooled around with some of these phones. I wonder if the price on the Priv will drop substantially, as well. If not, I see no solution but the iPhone for me and my family. At least we would all be in sync.
    I don't really make use of any carrier deals because I love my old phone plan and I refuse to give it up for the new, not so great 2 year plans they have here in Canada. On top of that because I preferred BB10 I got used to buying all my Bb10 devices directly from Shopblackberry. That's why I said what I did. I would still be on a BB10 device now if the Classic were lower than $499 direct from Shopblackberry. But since it isn't I have an iPhone now. I would prefer to ride out whatever time BlackBerry has left with a BB10 device though so I am hoping there is a fire sale at some point. But honestly I am doubtful of that. I think they did a better job controlling the amount of phones manufactured so there wouldn't need to be a fire sale like with the Z10.
    04-04-16 12:55 PM
    I bought a Q10 a year ago and only used it as my daily driver for a few months before I realized it was way too much trouble to scour for apps and workaround to get it to play nice with services that every other phone works fine with out of the box.

For a company that doesn't offer its own cloud services like email, calendar, address book stuff that every other company Facebook, Yahoo!, Hotmail (ya remember them), Google, Apple your local ISP has been offering for the last 15 years. They SUCK at integration, you'd think with what money they save from Not offering their own they spend a little more making sure their devices play extremely nice with service providers Nope.

Their basic out of the box apps like music player, notes, todo app suck compared to google and Apple. Blackberry is still playing the lone wolf game while everyone like it or not is playing nice with everyone else because users don't care about brands that much anymore they want a device that works with all the services they use.

Also Blackberry support and software release cycle is abysmal. It's almost non existent, you never know when a big will be fixed, or what new features are coming next.
    04-04-16 02:51 PM
  17. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Absolutely!

BlackBerry os is too awesome!

From my amazing Passport

Posted via CB10
    xKingHopy likes this.
    04-04-16 03:01 PM
    My next phone(s) will be tried and proven Android's.
    I give up on BB hype that things will get better in the future for their Hardware.
    Stung by Z10's, Classic's, and Playbooks that never were as good as promoted .
    04-04-16 03:42 PM
    if they come out with a full touch screen device in the next 6 months or so, android or BB10 i will likely buy on, otherwise will have to go with an android i guess!
    I'm really just hoping they allow their blackberry Blend app to work between android & desktop before then though.... Thats the main thing I will miss!!
    04-04-16 03:51 PM
    I have owned Blackberry 9300, 9700, 9900, PlayBook and 2ea Q10 (white and black). I still use Q10.
    But I am too much disappointed with BlackBerry. Not only because of Playbook. But because now it is moving to Android.
    If I wanted Android I could have moved years ago for any other existing company.
    Why pay a fortune for the Priv?
    It is just another Android. Nothing special.
    Definitively I will move to iPhone or some Android (HTC, Galaxy, Lenovo, etc).
    Blackberry never again!!!!!!!!!!
    tecal4 likes this.
    04-04-16 04:27 PM
    I'm here until,the bitter end...if and when that happens...hell I just bought a p9982 in Friday for something to do
    When money ain't an issue...

04-04-16 06:32 PM
    I like my Q10, and I've got a backup 9930. It appears unlikely Sprint will carry any more BB devices ... and I'm not crazy about a BB running Android on it (in case Sprint ever picks up the Priv).

So, looking at Windows phones. Alas, Sprint shuns those also ... though they try to throw iPhones at me every time I call.
    04-04-16 06:45 PM
    i don't think so. After how the company treating us loyal users!
    04-04-16 06:55 PM
    I'm going to buy 2 or 3 spare batteries for my Q10 and run this phone until it dies. Or may be l'll buy Passport SE and leave Q10 as backup. Not interested in Priv. Will consider new phone with PKB and BB10 if it appears.
    And my Playbook still doing well in role of media player.
    04-04-16 06:55 PM
    Yes, I'd buy another Blackberry. There really aren't any more appealing options for me. I don't use the phone for watching videos or playing games. I do use it more as a mini computer- juggling text and phone messages, multiple email accounts and such. I also do a lot of text editing. I've tried Samsung Androids and an Iphone and they just don't compare to the Blackberry as a productivity tool.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-16 06:57 PM
466 ... 34567 ...