Yes but only if BB10 is still viable whenever my Q10 becomes unusable. Hard to see that happening at this point. Already seeing both native browser and Evolution lock up or fail to render properly on Web sites I need to use, and with the scarcity of native apps a fully functional browser is a necessity.

So it seems the end of the line may be near for me. Will probably go mid range Android next. I'm done spending big money on phones and computer gear.

Posted via CB10
    I have been having the same problem for a while now with my browsers on the Q10 as well.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-16 06:37 AM
    Yes to BlackBerry 11

Blackberry Passport Running 10.3.2.2813
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    04-03-16 06:53 AM
    I would consider an all touch BlackBerry Android or the Vienna. Both would have to be no more than $500 cdn.

Posted via CB10
    I waited a few months for word on this...and none ever came. SO i left BlackBerry and went to a G4 last August. Never regretted it for a minute. Sad really but a fact of life. If they don't have what i want, why stay around just to be loyal to them?
    04-03-16 07:14 AM
    Yes... but:

- It would need to be in the Classic form factor (hello Vienna)
    - Be a high spec'd device (no mid/low-range crap)
    - Have great battery life
    04-03-16 08:06 AM
    Currently in the market for a lightly used unlocked Classic for a backup phone.

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    04-03-16 08:07 AM
    Yes. One can never have too many PlayBooks lying around the house!
    jope28 likes this.
    04-03-16 08:49 AM
    Probably not. Have gone from Curve to Q10 to Z30 to currently using the Passport SE. BBOS is a huge attraction so if that's gone, I will probably just ride out my device and then use something else. Hope there are good options when I am ready to switch. Android or iOS? We will see I guess

Posted via my Passport SE
    fof9l likes this.
    04-03-16 08:52 AM
    I would, yep. Had my beloved Q5 for a few years and it started going into bootloops/screen stopped working. Switched to a backup phone with Android (Jellybean). Not a fan at all. I miss the pkb and even BB10.

Love Android on my tablet and TV dongle. Love BB10 on my phone. I hope to revive my Q5, if not get a used Q10.
    04-03-16 08:56 AM
    as long as we're all playing make believe fantasy phone i would get an iberry if it existed
    04-03-16 09:34 AM
    Yes... but:

- It would need to be in the Classic form factor (hello Vienna)
    - Be a high spec'd device (no mid/low-range crap)
    - Have great battery life
    the problem with bb is they overprice their phones whether mid range or not
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    04-03-16 09:39 AM
    Nope.

I'd buy an another BlackBerry device anytime, but BlackBerry letting OS10 die.
    OS 10.3.3 comes around 3 months later than promised, OS 10.3.4 almost a year later (if it will ever see the light of day).
    No new SDKs for developers and existing apps fade away.

So why should I?

Double WOOF!
    04-03-16 09:45 AM
    Going to retire my passport, my wife will get an iphone and I will use her priv. When the contract runs out I'll be getting another iphone. Closing the door on this chapter. If was a good fight for blackberry. Too little too late.
    dejanh and phuoc like this.
    04-03-16 10:01 AM
    Double WOOF!
    I'd say most of us would get an another BlackBerry device if:
    1.) BlackBerry would bring up some decent new hardware.
    2.) Listen to what people in here want/desire.
    3.)OS10 would get support it deserves - it's obvious that BlackBerry is letting it down.

I don't wanna say John Chen is a bad CEO.
    He is "software-guy" ONLY and he won't fail if he turns BlackBerry into a software company.
    But thats just "working straight forward".

There are no visions, no passion for handsets and no observing the market what people want - not even what current costumers want.
    People can say about Mike Lazaridis what they want, but man, he had visions and was a pioneer - he only wasn't good at executing.
    Co CEOs: Mike Lazaridis & John Chen might have been the way to success with software & hardware.

My way was: 8700->8300->8900->9900->9790->Z10->Leap&Classic.

But now is the FIRST TIME ever - that I don't know what to look forward: Software (OS10) & Hardware - I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel. I can turn it around as much as I want - nothing.
    Even during the transition I looked forward to OS10 not knowing if or what will come.

With Android - BlackBerry shot themself in their knees.
    Might have been a nice "side-project" but they killing their own hardware.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-16 01:09 PM
    If by some twist of fate BlackBerry keeps their OS alive, then yes.

A Z50 sporting 11.01 yes please.

My Canada My BlackBerry My Z30
    Slash82 likes this.
    04-03-16 01:17 PM
    I'll buy a Passport later this year and perhaps a Priv after its offered with Marshmallow.

In both cases I'm comfortable that they will work just fine for running my business.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-16 01:20 PM
    I would seriously consider any new BB10 phone, but not a BlackBerry powered by Android. If I'm going to use an open source OS I prefer to manage it myself.
    jope28 and acovey like this.
    04-03-16 02:12 PM
    Yes to BlackBerry 11

Blackberry Passport Running 10.3.2.2813
    Would love OS 11..........but the only way that is happening is if BB sells off the Hardware division and the rights to the OS.

But in the end we can dream!

They will have to pry my Passport from my cold dead hand....

WOOF!
    04-03-16 02:15 PM
    There is no way I would ever consider buying a BlackBerry the way things are now with all BlackBerry hardware being locked down to a company that obviously isn't going to stay in the hardware business for much longer. However, I would instantly buy a Android-powered BlackBerry device if they would make just one small change. Make the bootloader unlockable to where I can support the hardware myself with custom roms and I'd happily spend money on a Priv or another BlackBerry Android device.

I personally do not care about whoever made my phones. My current phone is still the now pretty old OnePlus One. I never once cared or thought about OnePlus going out of business because I have always known that my phone doesn't depend on anyone else for software updates. Ten minutes after unboxing that phone, I removed what it came with and put a custom rom on it anyway. So let OnePlus abandon my phone or go out of business. It wouldn't matter to me at all because I know that I can still keep the phone updated myself for as long as I'm interested in doing so.

That is how it should be done when it comes to hardware in my opinion. Just like when we buy a computer. HP can go out of the PC business completely, but that doesn't effect your computer's operating system or future usefulness.
    fof9l likes this.
    04-03-16 02:30 PM
    I moved on to a Nexus 6 over a year ago. I use my phone like a computer. I wanted a big screen with a fast processor and lots of RAM. I use it for everything. The University I work at is all in on Google apps so I use Gmail, drive, keep as well as docs and sheets constantly. Blackberry isn't offering anything that can work as well for me unfortunately. I had the 8120, 9700, 9900, Z10 and a Q5. It was a nice run but I had to move on.
    TgeekB likes this.
    04-03-16 02:47 PM
    Definitely I wouldn't buy a new BlackBerry even I still use and enjoy my 3 years old BlackBerry Z10 as my daily driver.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-16 02:52 PM
    I'd say most of us would get an another BlackBerry device if:
    1.) BlackBerry would bring up some decent new hardware.
    2.) Listen to what people in here want/desire.
    3.)OS10 would get support it deserves - it's obvious that BlackBerry is letting it down.

I don't wanna say John Chen is a bad CEO.
    He is "software-guy" ONLY and he won't fail if he turns BlackBerry into a software company.
    But thats just "working straight forward".

There are no visions, no passion for handsets and no observing the market what people want - not even what current costumers want.
    People can say about Mike Lazaridis what they want, but man, he had visions and was a pioneer - he only wasn't good at executing.
    Co CEOs: Mike Lazaridis & John Chen might have been the way to success with software & hardware.

My way was: 8700->8300->8900->9900->9790->Z10->Leap&Classic.

But now is the FIRST TIME ever - that I don't know what to look forward: Software (OS10) & Hardware - I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel. I can turn it around as much as I want - nothing.
    Even during the transition I looked forward to OS10 not knowing if or what will come.

With Android - BlackBerry shot themself in their knees.
    Might have been a nice "side-project" but they killing their own hardware.

Posted via CB10
    There aren't enough users to make a difference. Everyone freaked out after the Q10 because BlackBerry didn't listen to them. So the Classic came out. But it didn't matter.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-16 03:06 PM
    There aren't enough users to make a difference. Everyone freaked out after the Q10 because BlackBerry didn't listen to them. So the Classic came out. But it didn't matter.

Posted via CB10
    That's kinda true. But I see it a bit different.
    If you already own a Q10, why would you switch to a Classic?
    It has exactly the same "internals".
    Spending that money only for a trackpad and a device with a non-removable battery?
    I don't think that could ever work.
    It's not a real successor for 9000/9900 - not the feel, not the design, not the power and too low-mid-range.
    It's kinda a copy of what a "classic" device could have been - not the real thing do gain some impact or make crackberrians go crazy.
    Just adding a trackpad does not mean success.
    It's just there - nothing throwing money at.
    I have seen design mock-ups from fans with way more excitement.

And additional to that it a niche-device.

A Z20 (successor to the Z10) and/or a Z50 (successor to the Z30) with great hardware could get more excitement - even from others than BlackBerry fans.

And what about turning OS10 to a real mobile computing experience?
    That's what Mike Lazaridis has talked about from the beginning - and what Microsoft is trying to do with "continuum". To me that's the future!
    A small mobile computer, that can be hooked up to a external screen, mouse and keyboard.
    OS10 is the PERFECT foundation for that - it's designed from ground up to be a multi-core and multitasking platform!
    No other OS is so good with that!

And what does BlackBerry do?
    Same old hardware since 3 years...

How should developers become attracted with it?

Posted via CB10
    xKingHopy likes this.
    04-03-16 03:39 PM
    Absolutely no way in hell
    jope28 likes this.
    04-03-16 03:55 PM
    That's kinda true. But I see it a bit different.
    If you already own a Q10, why would you switch to a Classic?
    It has exactly the same "internals".
    Spending that money only for a trackpad and a device with a non-removable battery?
    I don't think that could ever work.
    It's not a real successor for 9000/9900 - not the feel, not the design, not the power and too low-mid-range.
    It's kinda a copy of what a "classic" device could have been - not the real thing do gain some impact or make crackberrians go crazy.
    Just adding a trackpad does not mean success.
    It's just there - nothing throwing money at.
    I have seen design mock-ups from fans with way more excitement.

And additional to that it a niche-device.

A Z20 (successor to the Z10) and/or a Z50 (successor to the Z30) with great hardware could get more excitement - even from others than BlackBerry fans.

And what about turning OS10 to a real mobile computing experience?
    That's what Mike Lazaridis has talked about from the beginning - and what Microsoft is trying to do with "continuum". To me that's the future!
    A small mobile computer, that can be hooked up to a external screen, mouse and keyboard.
    OS10 is the PERFECT foundation for that - it's designed from ground up to be a multi-core and multitasking platform!
    No other OS is so good with that!

And what does BlackBerry do?
    Same old hardware since 3 years...

How should developers become attracted with it?

Posted via CB10
    Sorry, but a phone with futuristic specs isn't going to do anything without apps. And on these forums, many rebelled not having the toolbar. The thought was old users would migrate over to the Classic who wanted it, but it didn't happen.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-16 03:57 PM
    i'll buy a priv if it is cheap enough ($400 cad)
    04-03-16 03:59 PM
466 12345 ...