Does removing support means you can't use the bb10 version at all, or just it just mean we'll remain on the current version?
    03-01-16 04:40 PM
    At some point I think it won't work. Just like most other apps that lost support. It does what it does for a while and than just fades

Posted via CB10
    Old_Mil likes this.
    03-01-16 07:44 PM
    WhatsApp Will Remove BlackBerry 10, Windows Phone 7.1 From Supported Mobile Platforms List In 2016

BlackBerry owners might have to purchase a new device supported by WhatsApp or switch to other messaging platforms.
    03-01-16 07:44 PM
    I only have 2 contacts. Will just dump it.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    03-01-16 08:41 PM
    I only have 2 contacts. Will just dump it.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    A very useful contribution. Thank you.

Posted using a Jedi mind trick
    03-02-16 07:39 AM
    Just get the android version.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-16 07:57 AM
    I figured I could continue to sideload.
    03-02-16 08:49 AM
    What is annoying is WhatsApp just auto adds people based on your phone number list without your knowledge. This is why their userbase grows so fast, like auto propagation and virus like. So people you don't want or people who are even deceased can show up in your contacts.

The public is unfortunately keen on things simple and stupid with no effort needed. Because in BBM both parties need to agree to link, and one person needs to invite, a great number of people thinks it's "hard to use".

Sorry to say but the human race is de-evolving. Unless it's stupid and effortless a great number of people will get stuck.

Posted via CB10
    idhbar and Old_Mil like this.
    03-02-16 10:46 AM
    What is annoying is WhatsApp just auto adds people based on your phone number list without your knowledge. This is why their userbase grows so fast, like auto propagation and virus like. So people you don't want or people who are even deceased can show up in your contacts.

The public is unfortunately keen on things simple and stupid with no effort needed. Because in BBM both parties need to agree to link, and one person needs to invite, a great number of people thinks it's "hard to use".

Sorry to say but the human race is de-evolving. Unless it's stupid and effortless a great number of people will get stuck.

Posted via CB10
    Ehmm...actually this simplicity is key to the success of WA.

So you gave someone your number, in the past he could then call you, sent you sms.... and now sent you a WA message (if you wanna). WOW, oh the modern crazyness!!
    Stupid people! Should not give away their number...they might be contacted.

Remember phone books? People giving their addresses, AND phone number to a faceless public....long before bad and modern IM. Those fools!

Posted via CB10
    03-02-16 01:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    Your WhatsApp contacts are only populated by contacts that are already on the service. To the best of my knowledge, if one of your contacts isn't on WhatsApp they won't make them an account.

I believe you can also delete contacts from your WhatsApp list without removing the contact from your phone.

Ehmm...actually this simplicity is key to the success of WA.
    Absolutely, even BBM has a similar feature called "Contacts".

Updated: Keep Your Contacts Close ? and BBM Contacts Closer ? with the New BBM Update | Inside BlackBerry
    app_Developer likes this.
    03-02-16 03:33 PM
    Your WhatsApp contacts are only populated by contacts that are already on the service. To the best of my knowledge, if one of your contacts isn't on WhatsApp they won't make them an account.

I believe you can also delete contacts from your WhatsApp list without removing the contact from your phone.

Absolutely, even BBM has a similar feature called "Contacts".

Updated: Keep Your Contacts Close ? and BBM Contacts Closer ? with the New BBM Update | Inside BlackBerry
    His post was quite embarrassing.

After this 'WA will stop support post' I am a bit shocked to find out how many here have very crude views on what a BlackBerry should be able to do...and what kind of service WA is.
    I remember all the 'what can WA do for you that a sms can't do' posts on the original Blaze article.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-16 03:45 PM