All of this new hype over the Onyx, Tour, Magnum, Storm 2, etc, tells me that BB is moving steadily towards the qwerty keyboarded, bigger blackberries.

Is there any hope for someone like me who prefers a small form factor pearl type phone, but with better features? I tether to my phone a lot, and edge just doesn't cut it. I know they're supposed to come out with a 3G Pearl, but I'm wondering if there are any more advancements coming. A sleek rubberized keyboard like the onyx, a different case, better screen, better camera, that sort of thing.

I have an iPhone 3G right now and it's nice, but it seems like they made it a cool toy first and a phone second. With all the lag in the OS it's a real pain in the **** to add someone's new contact info. Takes me 30 seconds to open the phone or contacts app and enter someones number in. I also miss the BB's vastly superior email, and most importantly the calendar.

I know some of you will say, oh, but the iphone is as big as any of the blackberries. Yeah, that's true, but I don't like the size of the iphone in general.

So just ranting a bit, wondering if there's anything more in store for the new 3G pearl other than just a 3G radio
    07-07-09 03:11 AM
    Yeah I hope they do. I really like the form factor of the Pearl. Even the Curve is a little big for me. Also my brother has the Pearl and he swears by Suretype.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-09 03:31 AM
    Based on your post, I would guess you find the flip off of your radar? That's the latest SureType variant.

07-07-09 07:41 AM
    I don't think the flip actually offers anything new really other than its a flip phone doesn't it? If he's looking for a new keyboard/camera/processor/3g support etc he won't find any of that in the flip will he?
    07-07-09 07:52 AM
    Based on your post, I would guess you find the flip off of your radar? That's the latest SureType variant.

yeah I've seen the flip and it doesn't really do anything for me. I don like flip phones in general, I like the candy bar style better.

Tried to answer a few emails on the way home from work today and I got the usual "Username or password for my email is incorrect" crap that my iPhone gives me all the time. And did I mention how much I hate the calendar?

My business is picking up and I want a BB again, but don't want to commit to an expensive bold/onyx/magnum if a newer 9000-series pearl is only a few months away. Those phones are going to be expensive, considering still 14 months away from eligibility for a hardware upgrade. Oh well, I guess I'll just sit on it for a while and hope something new gets leaked out.
    07-07-09 10:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD