Despite how advanced phones get, and our personal tastes, we can all agree that call quality sucks.

I make more phone calls from my office land line simply for better volume and clarity. To me productivity doesn't just mean typing emails and texts, it's the ability to hear the other person!
    the1 likes this.
    01-28-17 06:44 AM
    Good grief, that's two of us that actually use our phone as a "phone".

We are a dying breed.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.3.2.2876
    01-28-17 07:29 AM
    Despite how advanced phones get, and our personal tastes, we can all agree that call quality sucks.

I make more phone calls from my office land line simply for better volume and clarity. To me productivity doesn't just mean typing emails and texts, it's the ability to hear the other person!
    What device? My Z30 was amazing and Passport as well, especially with the HD calling. Call quality can also be related to your carrier as well.
    01-28-17 07:56 AM
    I've had no call quality issues with my Z30. Unless I'm in a dodgy area.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.3.2.2876
    01-28-17 08:01 AM

Respectfully, I disagree. The clarity of my device is exceptional. I have never had a reception problem and the HD in BBM is crystal clear also.
    01-28-17 08:02 AM

Perhaps you don't have good coverage from your carrier in your area. I have no issues with any calls I make or receive in my area.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    01-28-17 09:12 AM
    (1) what is your carrier? do you use VoIP or hot spot LTE or wifi calling?
    (2) where are you located? what is your carrier coverage and in what speed (if you use VoIP etc.etc)
    (3) Passport usually is not bad in antenna... what is your model and match with your carrier's band in your location. (what is your OS)
    (4) if you use BBM calling, or video chat on wechat, different cattle of fish...
    If you provide details, some of gurus on CB might be able to pin point what is wrong.. (not me). unless you are working in a machine shop of some sort...
    01-28-17 09:30 AM
    I've always had excellent call quality on all my BlackBerry devices. For the most part I've been on Rogers, but I've used blackberry devices on other Canadian carriers as well for short periods of time.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-17 10:01 PM
    If both ends are using VoLTE in my experience the calls are as good as land line. The problem is both ends have to use it. And it tends to be available or not according to service areas where you roam.

And I have found on Verizon at times it causes issues. For example on my nexus I can no longer call my voice mail using VoLTE. If I turn it off I can. Also have lately been having a lot of dropped calls on all our family Verizon lines which to me feels like a VoLTE issue. But maybe not.
    01-28-17 10:08 PM

^ I won't agree with this.

Call quality on this Nexus 6p is great.
    01-28-17 10:18 PM
    If both ends are using VoLTE in my experience the calls are as good as land line. The problem is both ends have to use it. And it tends to be available or not according to service areas where you roam.

And I have found on Verizon at times it causes issues. For example on my nexus I can no longer call my voice mail using VoLTE. If I turn it off I can. Also have lately been having a lot of dropped calls on all our family Verizon lines which to me feels like a VoLTE issue. But maybe not.
    VoLTE is much better than a landline.
    01-28-17 11:30 PM
    Give me good quality from my car, please! In spite of several headsets and Bluetooth speakers I'm so tired of being able to hear them, but them not being able to hear me.
    01-29-17 07:19 AM
    HD Voice (wideband audio) sounds pretty great for me. VoLTE should be even better.
    DrBoomBotz and jaydee5799 like this.
    01-29-17 09:49 AM
    Give me good quality from my car, please! In spite of several headsets and Bluetooth speakers I'm so tired of being able to hear them, but them not being able to hear me.
    did you try this? you can clip on your cloth to get it close to your ear. https://www.amazon.ca/BlackBerry-ACC...UvbUpU12746071
    01-29-17 10:36 AM
    I find that my iPhone does better in the car in speaker mode than using bluetooth of any kind. I think there is better background sound processing in the smartphone itself compared to the cheap microphones that are built-in to cars, not to mention the bluetooth delay. Don't even get me started on voice recognition via the car microphone.
    Last edited by early2bed; 01-29-17 at 11:42 AM.
    01-29-17 10:44 AM
    Despite all the electronics car manufacturers are stuffing into cars today, they still struggle with BT handsfree. you are right, the handset noise reduction is clearly superior.
    01-29-17 11:04 AM
    My Z30 tends to have excellent call quality, except in the car on speaker of the phone where it is not loud enough, but otherwise it's been crystal clear.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-17 11:12 AM
    did you try this? you can clip on your cloth to get it close to your ear. https://www.amazon.ca/BlackBerry-ACC...UvbUpU12746187
    I didn't realize this was also a microphone! All those years of seeing it and I thought it was just a speaker.

I have a Jabra Tour. It is OK, but you have to obviously turn down radio and child when talking. Only one of those works regularly

But I never though of clipping it to the lap belt. Not having something in my hear is a definitely plus! Will try it.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-17 12:40 PM
    The only time I have ever have call issues is in the US. Never any at home in Canada. I just think US networks are oversaturated.
    01-29-17 06:29 PM
    My Passport SE is superb in call quality...except when talking to someone on a Samsung Galaxy Or iPhone.

BPWiebe on the beautiful Silver Edition Passport.
    01-29-17 06:30 PM
    I've always had excellent call quality on my Z-10 and Passport BlackBerry devices. For the most part I've been on Bell in Canada.
    01-29-17 07:07 PM

Well, we cannot all agree. My call quality is excellent on my Verizon Priv.
    01-29-17 07:10 PM
    Well, we cannot all agree. My call quality is excellent on my Verizon Priv.
    Maybe it's just OP's phone?
    01-29-17 07:24 PM
    Maybe it's just OP's phone?
    Wouldn't be surprised. It's amazing that most OP s are the only ones who have the problem in question.
    01-29-17 07:49 PM
    Blackberry with AT&T in Brandon, Florida since 2001. Call quality is great mostly...
    01-29-17 07:56 PM
55 123