Its hard to believe RIM has yet to provide 2-way sync with the BIS for google mail. After 6 years on the RIM platform I'm just about ready to jump the ship to android or iphone.

After a long day in the office (I use gmail for business) I dread having to update the messages on the blackberry. I do 100 emails a day and having to remember what was read/deleted to match the blackberry is rediculous.

Come on RIM...... give us 2-way please.
    07-22-10 08:54 PM
    I've had 2-way gmail sync for a couple months now on 2 different BBs.
    07-23-10 01:19 AM
    Gmail does sync. Sometimes PC to BB takes a little while but it does eventually sync. BB to PC is instant. At least that's my experience. Are you saying your Gmail NEVER syncs under any circumstances? Is your account setup as IMAP?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-10 02:15 AM
    Gmail does sync. Sometimes PC to BB takes a little while but it does eventually sync. BB to PC is instant. At least that's my experience. Are you saying your Gmail NEVER syncs under any circumstances? Is your account setup as IMAP?

Mine has always been setup using the default BIS. How do I do IMAP? Is delivery instant?
    07-23-10 06:16 AM
    I've had 2-way gmail sync for a couple months now on 2 different BBs.
    Really? Yahoo does sync within 2 minutes. However Gmail only syncs PC to BB many hours after the fact, sometimes up to 1 day. Is it OS related? I'm running 4.6 on the 9000.
    07-23-10 06:18 AM
    My gmail sync is 2 way and instant... Has been for months

07-23-10 07:27 AM
    My gmail sync is 2 way and instant... Has been for months

+1, my emails sync both ways. Not sure what the OP is talking about!
    07-23-10 07:30 AM
    +1, my emails sync both ways. Not sure what the OP is talking about!
    How long before you see updates on the BB when email is managed via the gmail web? I read or delete emails on the web and I still have unread or non-deleted emails under my gmail account on the BB.

So you are saying you have 2-way sync? Are you seeing web->BB updates? How long does it take?
    07-23-10 08:07 AM
    After composing an sending an email on Gmail, it appears as a sent message on my Bold. It's pretty much instant.
    07-23-10 08:12 AM
    After composing an sending an email on Gmail, it appears as a sent message on my Bold. It's pretty much instant.
    Yep. BIS 3.0 gave us that feature. However its email received and managed on the web interface that doesn't really work well to the BB.
    07-23-10 09:29 AM
    whsbuss -Are you getting any type of sync? If you send on the web, does it immediately show on BB? If you read or delete on BB, does it immediately read or delete on web? If your answer to those two questions is yes, then you're setup as IMAP. My experience has been that web to BB is slow. It seems that the BB doesn't get refreshed until I receive another e-mail. Anyway, what I've described is considered 2-way sync, except, the web to BB is lagging when it comes to read and deleted messages.
    Last edited by RegE; 07-23-10 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Addendum
    07-23-10 11:47 AM
    That's not what he's talking about. What he's talking about is emails showing as read on the device after reading it on a computer. For most people that seems to be taking several hours, if not longer.
    07-23-10 12:11 PM
    That's not what he's talking about. What he's talking about is emails showing as read on the device after reading it on a computer. For most people that seems to be taking several hours, if not longer.
    Sorry, I misread. annnnnnnywhooooo, It doesn't take me hours to get sync'd.
    07-23-10 12:15 PM
    Sorry, I misread. annnnnnnywhooooo, It doesn't take me hours to get sync'd.
    For me it usually takes at least 2 hours. I wonder what is causing different experiences for people. Like you, I'm on Verizon.
    07-23-10 12:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD