So my Tour finally went out, and I need a replacement phone asap so I'm trying to use a old Verizon curve 8330, is it possible to unlock and and use it on Sprint? I'm getting very frustrated because first off I can not find the IMEI number and every time I buy a unlock code I get no response from the people.
    Last edited by LadiiEZdolla; 04-29-11 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Change title
    04-29-11 06:51 PM
    Short answer: No. Sprint and Verizon are both CDMA carriers so it's technically possible but each will use only phones branded to their own network.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    04-29-11 06:56 PM
    An 8330 is a CDMA and can't be unlocked for use on other networks
    No. You cannot use any device on Sprint that does not have Sprint's branding.

CDMA carriers keep databases of ESNs. Any device that is not in the database as having their own branding will not be activated.

The 8330 is a CDMA-only device and cannot be unlocked. Unlocking means using any GSM carrier's SIM card. CDMA devices do not use SIM cards.

Your best option is to sell the 8330 to a person who has VZW and purchase a Sprint device.
    Verizon typically will not activate devices from other carriers on their network.

There's no IMEI number because it's a CDMA only device. It has an ESN or possibly an MEID.
    04-29-11 06:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD