Recently, I wanted to upgrade to a Q10 on tmobile. Back in January I traded in my Q10 on verizon to hopefully buy another Q10 but on Tmobile. Unfortunately the Q10 wasn't in stock so I went with the Galaxy Note 3.

So last month I was up for my "JUMP" upgrade. I was looking for a Q10 again. Tmobile no longer carries BlackBerry. Whatsoever. I went through their list of phones to find a mass of Android devices and the iphone. Not a single physical keyboard device out there.

Is this where we're headed? Are phones going to eventually be predominantly full touch screen? To me it's sad. I have trouble staying with a full touch device for a long time. I always come back to the physical keyboard. BlackBerry exclusively.

If for some reason blackberry goes under, what then??

Posted via CB10
    08-14-14 10:16 PM
    I feel the same. But I found that after some time one gets more accustomed to full touchscreen. Either adapt or die! Haha. I'm on a Q10 right now. Considering moving to the iphone next.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-14 10:27 PM
    We're not headed there, we are already there. It's safe to say that most handsets being offered are full touch screens, with the exception of the low-selling BlackBerry devices and a few other el cheapo offerings from other manufacturers. The Passport may make a small dent in the trend, but... don't expect anything significant. All you can hope it's enough to keep BlackBerry around to make physical keyboards for those that want them.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-14 10:33 PM
    Go back to Verizon for the Q10. TMobile and Blackberry went through a divorce after a bs fight over a promo, so TMobile is no longer a BB provider for new products.
    08-14-14 10:35 PM
    Sorry but one doesn't always get accustomed to full touch in time. I've had an iphone, and I have a galaxy note 3, I can't get used to it. I had a note 3 for 7 months. I had the iphone 4s when it was released for almost a year. I can't live with a full touchscreen device for too long. It gets agitating. I love the physical keyboard that RIM offers me. I don't care that my Q10 screen is almost 3 inches shorter than my note. BlackBerry has always been "it" for me. Been around since I bought the 8330 online for $115.00. It's about 10$ now lmao.

Wish that blackberry wouldn't go away. If they do falter, maybe someone will buy them and keep at least one physical keyboard device in their smartphone line.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-14 10:39 PM
    Go back to Verizon for the Q10. TMobile and Blackberry went through a divorce after a bs fight over a promo, so TMobile is no longer a BB provider for new products.
    I'll never go back to Verizon. I had them for nearly 10 years, never had a problem with them. Doesn't make sense right? Well it's for moral reasons, no matter how ridiculous that sounds. How does Verizon have their best quarter in the past six earning reports and then have the audacity to put their foot down on their unlimited data customers. They don't cater to current customers. They'll give you the least service possible for the most money possible. The end user thinks, coverage coverage, coverage!

I'll admit, when hurricane sandy hit verizon was the only network that was working, it was nice having them for that reason. But paying a lot more than I pay now for that once in a lifetime experience? I rather take my chances.
    I get all the data I want on tmobile. Just as fast so I'm good 8)

Verizon doesn't care about you after you sign on the dotted line. They'll move heaven and earth for you to join them but once you're in, they'll do whatever they want. Tmobile has been good for me where I live. I bought a Q10 on amazon so I'm satisfied.
    Rant over. This is off topic
    Posted via CB10
    08-14-14 10:42 PM
    The touchscreen generation is upon us, and has been for a couple years now. I'm actually an Android fan but switched over to BlackBerry specifically because of the great keyboard (and I fell in love with BB10!). I'll never look back now! When walking down the street for example, ever tried typing on a touchscreen and walking at the same time? Very difficult!
    08-14-14 11:14 PM
    Sorry but one doesn't always get accustomed to full touch in time. I've had an iphone, and I have a galaxy note 3, I can't get used to it. I had a note 3 for 7 months. I had the iphone 4s when it was released for almost a year. I can't live with a full touchscreen device for too long. It gets agitating. I love the physical keyboard that RIM offers me. I don't care that my Q10 screen is almost 3 inches shorter than my note. BlackBerry has always been "it" for me. Been around since I bought the 8330 online for $115.00. It's about 10$ now lmao.

Wish that blackberry wouldn't go away. If they do falter, maybe someone will buy them and keep at least one physical keyboard device in their smartphone line.

Posted via CB10
    I was the same until I tried the z10. Now I can't go back to buttons.
    The z10 helped me get used to touchscreen and I now use a moto x with no issues.
    But you're beat bet is to hope that blackberry continues otherwise the only other choice you have is feature phones.
    It's not an ideal situation but there are not enough people who buy phones with buttons anymore.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    08-15-14 01:07 AM
    I am still shock by this question/thread. I think this thread would have been appropriate in 2006.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-14 01:41 AM
    I am still shock by this question/thread. I think this thread would have been appropriate in 2006.

Posted via CB10
    I don't want to sound rude, but I'm shocked by this statement lol.

In 2006 there weren't many touchscreen phones whatsoever. There was the LG Voyager, and maybe....the sidekick was touchscreen? The touch screen paradigm didn't truly begin until sometime in 2008, a year after the original iphone was released followed by googles attempt at countering Apples product. then again, full touch devices weren't being pumped out everyday like they are now, blackberry was going strong as of 2010. So yes I think the question is pretty appropriate. There are as many physical qwerty devices out there now as there were full touch devices in 2007.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-14 05:54 AM
    Recently, I wanted to upgrade to a Q10 on tmobile. Back in January I traded in my Q10 on verizon to hopefully buy another Q10 but on Tmobile. Unfortunately the Q10 wasn't in stock so I went with the Galaxy Note 3.

So last month I was up for my "JUMP" upgrade. I was looking for a Q10 again. Tmobile no longer carries BlackBerry. Whatsoever. I went through their list of phones to find a mass of Android devices and the iphone. Not a single physical keyboard device out there.

Is this where we're headed? Are phones going to eventually be predominantly full touch screen? To me it's sad. I have trouble staying with a full touch device for a long time. I always come back to the physical keyboard. BlackBerry exclusively.

If for some reason blackberry goes under, what then??

Posted via CB10
    It's not blackberry it's T Mobile

Z10
    08-15-14 06:04 AM
    It's not blackberry it's T Mobile

Z10
    I don't blame blackberry at all. I blame all the carriers for demanding more of a variety in the touchscreen department. Verizon and ATT still carry the 99xx as well! idk about sprint. But other than blackberry there aren't any qwerty devices out there. Everyone has migrated to full touch. And it feels like there's no escaping that in the next few years.

Posted via Q10RR
    08-15-14 06:21 AM
    I don't blame blackberry at all. I blame all the carriers for demanding more of a variety in the touchscreen department. Verizon and ATT still carry the 99xx as well! idk about sprint. But other than blackberry there aren't any qwerty devices out there. Everyone has migrated to full touch. And it feels like there's no escaping that in the next few years.

Posted via Q10RR
    Why blame carriers?
    Qwerty devices failed to sell as much as touch and that is the reason. No conspiracy. You just happen to be a minority.

lift and BB_Junky like this.
    08-15-14 06:37 AM
    Why blame carriers?
    Qwerty devices failed to sell as much as touch and that is the reason. No conspiracy. You just happen to be a minority.

I understand I'm part of the minority, but they make money off of us too. Maybe full qwerty haven't sold so much because there aren't any out there. When I was working for the carriers a couple of years ago, more people bought the the samsung stratosphere over any other android device that was offered, that includes the HTC rezound and all the other full touch devices that were being sold at the time. People were asking for the a big touchscreen and a keyboard and they got that with the stratosphere one and two. But that was virtually the only device that the android habitat had to offer that had a physical keyboard at the time. The demand is still out there. What they're making the customer do is "deal with it"

It'll be a sad day when physical keyboards are gone. I'll keep my Q10 and the classic (when it's released) for as long as it's supported then.

Posted via Q10RR
    08-15-14 06:45 AM
    Don't make me have to use the force.

MarsupilamiX likes this.
    08-15-14 07:30 AM
    Had the Z10 for a while and wanted to go back to my keyboard until the Z30 hit, tried a larger screen for typing and would never go back.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-14 07:37 AM
    That's what I said when I first got the note 3...now I'm back on the Q10. thought I'd have the Note 3 for a good year or so before upgrading, but nope, 7 months later and I rebought the Q10

Posted via Q10RR
    08-15-14 07:47 AM
    The touchscreen generation is upon us, and has been for a couple years now. I'm actually an Android fan but switched over to BlackBerry specifically because of the great keyboard (and I fell in love with BB10!). I'll never look back now! When walking down the street for example, ever tried typing on a touchscreen and walking at the same time? Very difficult!
    I know what u mean. I type fine with my touch screen when I am sitting down and have time to read thru. But on the go experience is a different matter. Yesterday at my son's school Open house was an eye opener. Taking fast notes and subscribing to the online reminder was harder to do standing up and while moving around on my Z10 Vs when I had my Bold almost two years ago. I have tried the Q10 three times but the Amoled screen is my biggest gripe about it. Screen size was not a factor for me. I will wait for the Classic (I have very small hands) and see.

My Z10 - an extension of me
    08-15-14 08:26 AM
    Smartphones with physical keyboards have never been less popular than they are now. That's the reality of the situation.

However, there are and always will be those of us who do prefer a physical keyboard. So if BlackBerry can continue to produce such devices and be profitable at doing so, popularity really doesn't matter, does it?

Sent from my iPod Touch (3rd gen) using Tapatalk
    08-15-14 08:26 AM

Posted via CB10
    There are practical applications for every interface and a need for physical keyboards. My mother, due to a stroke, needs a physical keyboard. That is not so last year. It is a true need. Even my children prefer typing on their laptops for school projects etc vs using their tablets and phones. Accuracy and speed is a compromise sometimes for a true touchscreen experience. I am thankful that BlackBerry does make awesome keyboards, be it physical or virtual. I miss those days when my fingers could just fly across my Bold keyboard without me having to look down.

My Z10 - an extension of me
    08-15-14 08:30 AM
    I'm on T-Mobile as well and I hate that they no longer sell BB devices. I'm on JUMP as well, so if I get a new BB I'd have to buy it from someplace like Shop BlackBerry and essentially I'd be throwing away the $10 a month for JUMP, and I couldn't pay it in installments .

Anyway, I agree that the touchscreen takeover is already here, and has been here since 2011 or so. That's when the few physical keyboards there were started only appearing on lower end phones (not including BB) and were still coupled with larger touchscreens. It seems like now the big innovation is trying to find new ways to make a touchscreen keyboard better with things like Flow/Swype, BB10's flick to type, etc. Even the Passport's keyboard, while physical, will also be gesture based.
    08-15-14 10:43 AM
    Yes. I predict by the end of 2008 you'll see touchscreens mostly.

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    08-15-14 10:44 AM
    That's what I said when I first got the note 3...now I'm back on the Q10. thought I'd have the Note 3 for a good year or so before upgrading, but nope, 7 months later and I rebought the Q10

Posted via Q10RR
    Totally feel you. Started from Z10 then I switched to Q10 then I swapped it for a Z30. Using it for less than a month now and I already miss the Q10's keyboard and thinking of swapping the Z30 for a Q10 again.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-14 10:54 AM
    I've been a keyboard guy for over 10 years. The thought of there not being any more keyboard phones being made was very disturbing to me. I too had the Q10 and thought about stock piling a few the way people stock pile food for the apocalypse. Lol...I tried the z10 and it took me several months to get used to it. I tried to go back to the Q10 and don't know if it was a combination of the smaller screen and the typing being a little smoother on the z10.....but I prefer the all touch screen now and I'm actually upgrading to the z30 this week. I wouldn't mind having a Q10 As a back up though. Maybe the classic as well.

Posted via CB10
    anon(6038817) and boys_inter like this.
    08-15-14 11:08 AM
    Totally feel you. Started from Z10 then I switched to Q10 then I swapped it for a Z30. Using it for less than a month now and I already miss the Q10's keyboard and thinking of swapping the Z30 for a Q10 again.

Posted via CB10
    I recently decided that I don't have to settle on just one device. There is no single device in existence that does everything I want. So, I thought, what if I use...(pause for dramatic effect)...2 devices?!

Now my smartphone of choice is a BlackBerry Bold 9930: the ultimate communication tool. With its amazing UI (physical keyboard + tool belt + touch screen) I can manage emails, texts, IMs, and phone calls efficiently and more quickly than on any other device I've ever used. I hope the Classic will be able to match the Bold in this regards.

I also use an iPod Touch as what I call a "secondary device" to supplement my Bold. That gives me access to better apps, media, and other functions the Bold doesn't have or cannot match.

So why not go back to your Q10 and supplement it with another device?
    08-15-14 11:14 AM
86 123 ...