It needs to be like the palm pre. When not slid its a touchscreen with a trackpad on the front. Then when you slide it up it reveals a BOLD like keyboard, non recessed. There y0u go have the best of both worlds.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-09 10:59 PM
    It needs to be like the palm pre. When not slid its a touchscreen with a trackpad on the front. Then when you slide it up it reveals a BOLD like keyboard, non recessed. There y0u go have the best of both worlds.

The Palm Pre's ugly as **** though, I think it should be like the G1.
    09-14-09 11:29 PM
    The Palm Pre's ugly as **** though, I think it should be like the G1.
    To each its own... I agree that the Palm Pre is ugly but I want it to look something like a Pre but sexier. The G1 is ugly to me from the chin to the chubbiness. Oh and let's add the fact that I have to turn the phone sideways to type that's a major letdown to me.

09-15-09 12:43 AM
    The rumored 9100 pearl would be perfect for something like this. The pearl is just the right size for a slider.
    The 9100 Pearl isn't a slider. It's a candy bar style.
    09-15-09 06:10 AM
    This idea makes me sick. Get an lg if you wanna use two hands to type. Leave us alone with our love affairs.

09-15-09 06:48 AM
    This idea makes me sick. Get an lg if you wanna use two hands to type. Leave us alone with our love affairs.

i use two hands on my storm :P hehe
    09-15-09 09:17 AM
    I have had 2 different slideout keyboards (G1 and HTC TP2) and the slideout keyboard was OK, but ultimately, they were all crappy in one way or another. The major failing of any slideout keyboard I have used is they feel delicate, there is play in the phone while open or closed and the build quality is lacking.

I would love to have a slideout keyboard and a touchscreen phone, but it needs to have a build quality that only two phone producers seem to be able to achieve: BlackBerry and Apple. I think most people would agree, even if they don't like the iPhone, that Apple builds a high quality phone with precision fitting and style. Thankfully, BlackBerry is the same in that respect. If any company can make a good slideout phone, I think it would be Apple or Blackberry.
    09-17-09 10:46 PM
    I have had 2 different slideout keyboards (G1 and HTC TP2) and the slideout keyboard was OK, but ultimately, they were all crappy in one way or another. The major failing of any slideout keyboard I have used is they feel delicate, there is play in the phone while open or closed and the build quality is lacking.

I would love to have a slideout keyboard and a touchscreen phone, but it needs to have a build quality that only two phone producers seem to be able to achieve: BlackBerry and Apple. I think most people would agree, even if they don't like the iPhone, that Apple builds a high quality phone with precision fitting and style. Thankfully, BlackBerry is the same in that respect. If any company can make a good slideout phone, I think it would be Apple or Blackberry.
    That's true, why the long wait. I know RIM would build a solid phone with a slide out keyboard that would create such a buzz their phones create.
    09-18-09 12:18 AM
    reminds me of the g1 for tmobile. touch screen, with trackball and slide-out keyboard.
    09-28-09 05:04 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD