And what would you want to see? The new QNX OS? Top specs? Touch? Standard form factor? Let the desires and speculation begin!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-10 03:21 PM
    A 10 thousand dollar Blackberry? I hope not
    09-05-10 05:49 PM
    And what would you want to see? The new QNX OS? Top specs? Touch? Standard form factor? Let the desires and speculation begin!

How about Bold/Curve8900 form factor/wieght.

No heating off the backside with heavy use.

Touch screen (ya i know we got the torch, but thats a bulky/heavy slider).

1gHz Snapdragon processor.

Basically everything BB should be now but isnt.
    09-05-10 06:01 PM
    you mean the R020?
    who knows?
    09-05-10 06:44 PM
    1gb processor, 4G capable, touch screen and keyboard non slider with a stock 1700mAh battery. Comes out in 3 years. Maybe.
    09-05-10 08:36 PM
    4-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen
    1.5Ghz Dual Core QSD8672 Snapdragon Processor w/ with internal GPU core
    1GB of OS Memory
    8GB of On Board Application Memory
    64GB micro SD Card (included)
    LTE/4G capable
    1080p video (with HDMI out)
    GPS, WiFi-N, Proximity Sensors, Gyro...
    8MB Camera with Lens to match any PS camera on the market
    On board Solar Panel on the back cover for recharging on the go
    As for OS, ONX maybe a step in the right direction, but it will take a while for developers to build up a catalog of applications... so for a "dream" device I'd have to say I'd like to see a BB running an Android OS.

Other than the Solar Panel and the 64 GB SD Card.... you may see this device by the end of the year.... you just won't see a blackberry emblem on it.
    09-06-10 08:46 AM
    1gb processor, 4G capable, touch screen and keyboard non slider with a stock 1700mAh battery. Comes out in 3 years. Maybe.
    This is a perfect phone that should be out right now. If it takes 3 years for RIM to come out with a device like this I will be long long gone!
    09-06-10 01:19 PM
    1GB of OS Memory
    LTE/4G capable
    As for OS, ONX maybe a step in the right direction, but it will take a while for developers to build up a catalog of applications... so for a "dream" device I'd have to say I'd like to see a BB running an Android OS.

Other than the Solar Panel and the 64 GB SD Card.... you may see this device by the end of the year.... you just won't see a blackberry emblem on it.
    If you want a touchscreen with an android os why wouldn't u just go buy an X or something like that?
    09-06-10 01:20 PM
    Or if apple says "hmm maybe we could make and all in one location msg app and an iphone to iphone chat "IPM"(iphone messenger) and hey let let our customers make themes too."

That will be the day that every other phone becomes pointless.
    09-11-10 02:43 AM
    Or if apple says "hmm maybe we could make and all in one location msg app and an iphone to iphone chat "IPM"(iphone messenger) and hey let let our customers make themes too."

You forget one thing, all us boring/non-tech savvy buffoons who like to use our phones as actual phones will always be around. Therefore, unless iPhone comes out with a line of phones that can go to work for me and I can stay home and still get paid, they'll remain pointless to me.
    09-11-10 09:09 AM

With that logic, my phone is already pointless since I don't use BBM... If they made an iPhone with a solid physical keyboard, push messaging, no signal issues, and released it on more than one carrier, then maybe I would consider iPhone.
    09-11-10 09:59 AM
    1) Bold 9000 form factor w/look of 9700 (LOVE the faux leather backing and microSD chip placement)
    2) 1Ghz Snapdragon processor (clocked down for efficiency and option to improve speed)
    3) OS6
    4) FULL Google integration
    5) touchscreen on bottom and top of screen (to select app or drop down menu only)
    6) slide across bottom and top (multitouch) to zoom in on screen
    7) awesome stereo speakers of the Bold 9000
    8) 2,000mah battery
    9) 5.0mp camera
    10) 16gig memory built in
    11) optical trackpad
    12) in menu key - ability to turn OFF the touchscreen functionality
    13) SuperAMOLED screen with excellent resolution
    14) Bold 9700 charging dock pins at base of phone with separate charging base
    15) Touchstone capable (if it can be an option)
    16) force close of all open apps on one touch (menu option)

This is all I have for now, but it's a good start. I also like how Palm phones can close apps (flip up to close app).

Add to this.
    09-12-10 10:38 PM
    I think that the more interesting question may be when will we start to hear about the 10k, and when will it drop? If devices tend to get rumoured say, three months before release, will RIM continue to ride the 9800 and 9780 as its flagship devices for a while, or will we see an announcement about the 10k quite soon with a pre-holiday release? Or with the Torch and the Tablet will we have to wait awhile - maybe until Q3 next year?

09-14-10 07:42 AM
    Well, to hijack my own thread, I think we can sfaely assume that the BlackBerry MotherBoard (BlackPad) will be a big Holiday device announcement for RIM, but shuold they team it up with a strong device as well? With the rumor of Hotspot capablity on the Storm Refresh, that combination could make for some sales. What will RIM drop on us for Holiday time?
    09-14-10 12:56 PM
    To be honest, I think that they had a bit of the right idea with the Torch, but a bigger touch screen, 1.5 Ghz processor (they're coming out very soon), 8 MP camera, Super AMOLED screen, and 16 G on-board memory with expandable mem slot would be a great start for a new phone by them for once. I would have been interested in the Torch if the specs hadn't been so bloody awful. I'd love for them to come out with something that blows my Nexus One out of the water!
    09-14-10 06:32 PM
    My 10k bb........

Bold form factor with touchscreen
    Os5 with webkit
    And can't stress this enough, like os updates, (stay with me here) hardware updates. ship it with the 512 processor, and upgrade to your hearts content!!!! The cam as well, keyboard lighting, (red,blue, green blah blah), color housings, and all that jazz.

They're slogan is do what you love, well let us express that with what we love then lol.

Not a 10k bb, but you can make it one!!!!!

09-14-10 09:23 PM
    09-16-10 12:58 PM
    I am waiting for it
    09-16-10 09:04 PM
    1GB of OS Memory
    LTE/4G capable

Umm screw the Android OS, How about a BB OS where it runs as smooth as Android or Iphone.. PLUS There's already a Virus For Android OS in Russia... Personally i Like BB Security
    09-17-10 07:44 PM
    +1

10 char
    09-17-10 10:38 PM
    HA! all these specs that ppl would like to see, will not happen for 3+ yrs at least. no way we are going to have 8MP or superamoled or gorilla glass phones. i really want a phone that has gorilla glass. thats the way to go imho
    09-23-10 01:09 AM
    1) Bold 9000 form factor w/look of 9700 (LOVE the faux leather backing and microSD chip placement)
    2) 1Ghz Snapdragon processor (clocked down for efficiency and option to improve speed)
    3) OS6
    4) FULL Google integration
    5) touchscreen on bottom and top of screen (to select app or drop down menu only)
    6) slide across bottom and top (multitouch) to zoom in on screen
    7) awesome stereo speakers of the Bold 9000
    8) 2,000mah battery
    9) 5.0mp camera
    10) 16gig memory built in
    11) optical trackpad
    12) in menu key - ability to turn OFF the touchscreen functionality
    13) SuperAMOLED screen with excellent resolution
    14) Bold 9700 charging dock pins at base of phone with separate charging base
    15) Touchstone capable (if it can be an option)
    16) force close of all open apps on one touch (menu option)

This is all I have for now, but it's a good start. I also like how Palm phones can close apps (flip up to close app).

Add to this.
    I'd buy that phone if it were released.

09-24-10 11:02 PM
    No, after the 9000 series, there will be no new phones released from RIM.

If they were to start a 10K series, it would probably be the pearl/style type.

Leaving the 12K to the Curve/Bold/Storm/torch

And the series will be based off of a few things

A new standard on internal specs, such as processor and built in ram.

It wouldn't be far fetched to expected a 1ghz processor, but don't expect that until 2012. Nor for a Gig of Ram and 16 Gigs on board built in storage.

If security and cost effectiveness aren't in the forefront, then its no Blackberry.

Think about when SNES came out like 15 years ago, it cost 200 or even 100 dollars. And now, the Nintendo Wii, which can do much more is the same price.

Rim will always have that sort of mentality. And thats what you should expect from them. They aren't going to put a lot of unneeded power in their phones, do you know that most people don't even use their phones or potential to its fullest. Which is why Rim just doesn't put it in there. 10k series may have LTE, or it SHOULD, once ATT formally announces such a plan, and other GSM carriers. Seeing as how that is RIM's biggest market. And they always launch their powerful phones with ATT heading the way. Torch, Bold, Curve.

So, Camera will be 5mp, at the least. But you have to understand, ask any photographer, MP are not all its about, there is much more to it than just that.

those other specs will improve, as will a more consumer oriented browser and media options, at least they are trying better than MS.

I myself am waiting for the NEXT BB to come out, so I can have it. And then give my old BB to my gf so we can talk to each other(she is in another country)

I want the Torch 2 so to speak.
    09-26-10 03:21 PM
    well well, looks like RIM will probably reveal a slew of 10K devices using the new QNX OS. hopefully, the specs on the phones will be as impressive as on the Playbook.
    09-28-10 12:51 AM
    "Fubaz 09:59 AM 09-28-2010 -- [Reply] [!!]

The 9000 sized Full Qwerty with a touch screen next year (CONFIRMED, Good friend works for RIM in the LOO)"

Perhaps that's our 10K and our Dakota.

10-05-10 08:04 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD