on the same page with you bro....but shouldn't they have been close by now. They kept talking about "2 new PKB devices" since CES in January and all the techs dudes suggested that in all probability there would be something to showcase MWC. Here we are nearly 2 months later and not even a leak. At least give me an image leak of a new PKB in the works! I've been waiting anxiously for an updated, better spec'd KeyOne.
    Hang in there patiently.
    It will happen

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.3.2163
    03-01-18 08:58 PM
    on the same page with you bro....but shouldn't they have been close by now. They kept talking about "2 new PKB devices" since CES in January and all the techs dudes suggested that in all probability there would be something to showcase MWC. Here we are nearly 2 months later and not even a leak. At least give me an image leak of a new PKB in the works! I've been waiting anxiously for an updated, better spec'd KeyOne.
    Well the KEYone isn't even a year old yet. I assume their first pkb will come likely end of April or may which will be a year from the KEYone launch.
    03-01-18 09:09 PM
    You're right and wrong in a way; the K1 isn't officially a year old since it was only available to purchase as of late spring '17, but don't forget it was first teased in Jan '17 @ CES and officially announced @ MWC '17....so it's been over a year from that regard. Also, another reason why I'm complaining is because MWC would've been the best opportunity and platform to showcase a new device with all the reviewers in one place and the coverage it would've gotten. Such a waste
    Qorax likes this.
    03-02-18 04:33 AM
    You're right and wrong in a way; the K1 isn't officially a year old since it was only available to purchase as of late spring '17, but don't forget it was first teased in Jan '17 @ CES and officially announced @ MWC '17....so it's been over a year from that regard. Also, another reason why I'm complaining is because MWC would've been the best opportunity and platform to showcase a new device with all the reviewers in one place and the coverage it would've gotten. Such a waste
    They probably didn't want to get lost in the Samsung hype.
    That ways it does make sense.

Qorax likes this.
    03-02-18 05:58 AM
    They probably didn't want to get lost in the Samsung hype.
    That ways it does make sense.

While I agree it's good to not get lost in Samsung's hype, I wonder how much interest and publicity Blackberry/TCL can garner on it's own. I hope they do get around to making some kind of concrete announcement soon - I want to get away from the phone I've got to something I feel would be comfortable and useful.
    03-02-18 09:58 AM
    If they're smart, they'll wait until the sales of existing devices starts to wane, assuming the existing phones are more profitable.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    03-02-18 10:06 AM
    While I agree it's good to not get lost in Samsung's hype, I wonder how much interest and publicity Blackberry/TCL can garner on it's own. I hope they do get around to making some kind of concrete announcement soon - I want to get away from the phone I've got to something I feel would be comfortable and useful.
    I think they have generated some decent interest in the tech community since they KEYᴼᴺᴱ with the phone being many people's daily driver as well.
    Plus they did hold some sort of briefing at the MWC with all the tech reviewers so I'd assume they will generate some good buzz with the next phone as well.

03-02-18 10:31 AM
    I was talking to a guy sitting next to me on a flight to Vancouver. He works for Nokia ans told me he saw one of the new kb BlackBerry at MWC. it wasn't displayed. he just talked to someone at BlackBerry. No idea if it's true or not. he said it looked nothing like the KeyOne. again might all be BS...funny thing is he was sporting an S8
    03-29-18 07:43 AM
    I was talking to a guy sitting next to me on a flight to Vancouver. He works for Nokia ans told me he saw one of the new kb BlackBerry at MWC. it wasn't displayed. he just talked to someone at BlackBerry. No idea if it's true or not. he said it looked nothing like the KeyOne. again might all be BS...funny thing is he was sporting an S8
    I wonder why they would have had a working prototype over a month ago and brought it to MWC for...who knows what... and still keep us in the dark as of now
    03-29-18 09:14 AM
    I wonder why they would have had a working prototype over a month ago and brought it to MWC for...who knows what... and still keep us in the dark as of now
    Simplest answer: they didn’t, and there’s no truth behind this completely unverified story.
    03-29-18 09:24 AM
    Simplest answer: they didn’t, and there’s no truth behind this completely unverified story.
    Could have just been some components on a test bed.... or someone playing around.

Either way MWC is done and over.... "coming soon" applies, as always.
    03-29-18 09:52 AM
36 12