Just wondering if once the newer BB are released in the future will they still sell the current curve?

Thanks
    Last edited by CookieGuy; 04-04-09 at 07:06 PM.
    04-04-09 06:49 PM
    Well, I'm just guessing, but ATT still has the 8310 plus the Bold..
    And for future reference, the guy at the Sprint store said Storm and 9630 coming SOMETIME this year. He said probably later though.
    04-04-09 10:53 PM
    Yes to the 9630 but from what I have heard verizon has a strict agreement with rim for total units sold. They have net all of their requirements so I don't see how it can be released on sprint unless they plan on breaching a contract

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-09 12:40 AM
    I am sure that even after new BBs (Niagra, etc...) come out later this year, that Sprint will still sell the Curve. The Curve is a solid phone and still sells good.
    04-05-09 01:13 AM
    Following the trends on the life of a device in my last 2 years with Sprint, they will probably let the Curve fade away. It may still be available thru the internet and other channels, but the stores will stop carrying it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-09 01:34 AM
    Consider that there are really 3 main BlackBery stylings:

Bold/8830/9630 - Full qwerty keyboard with Bold style keys.
    Curve 83xx/89xx - Smaller BB with qwerty keyboard.
    Pearl 81xx/82xx Flip - SureType keyboard BB.

I think we will see at least one offering of each of these types for the carriers that offer BlackBerries. So, you should always see a high-end Bold type device. The 8830 will be replaced with the 9630. Eventually, the Bold will be replaced with the next newest model in that lineup. The Curve 83xx is being replaced with the 89xx series Curve. With Sprint, I'm sure the 8330 will eventrually become an 8930. The Pearl will become the Pearl Flip (although rumors are that there will be a newer candybar Pearl in the future).

So, yes, the Curve 8830 will fade away. Although there will probably be the 8930 coming to take its place.

The storm was not in my list of the main lineup since not every carrier has access to the Storm.
    04-05-09 08:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD