"An investment into RIM by Microsoft to try and challenge Apples dominance in the mobile device space would bring one story full circle. On August 6, 1997, amid gasps of disbelief and loud boos from the audience of thousands of Mac users and software developers. Microsoft founder Bill Gates bailed out struggling Apple with a $150 million dollar investment. The rumoured deal-clincher came when Apple agreed to drop long-standing patent infringement lawsuits against Microsoft."

Full article:

Will Patents Finally Bring Microsoft and RIM Together?
    bluetroll likes this.
    04-11-12 02:42 PM
    Its the same old trick, Microsoft does not want any of them to become too dominant or they will take over everything, so if he can keep companies like RIM challenging the rest then none of them will become too big to threaten them.

that's how I see it.

(sounds familiar)
    04-11-12 04:54 PM
    Its the same old trick, Microsoft does not want any of them to become too dominant or they will take over everything, so if he can keep companies like RIM challenging the rest then none of them will become too big to threaten them.

that's how I see it.

(sounds familiar)
    yeah..sounds like the cold war lol
    04-12-12 05:12 AM
    I doubt that'll happen. But if it does, let's just hope there aren't anymore patent troll wars. Seriously.
    04-12-12 10:47 PM
    I think that may be hoping for too much...
    04-13-12 12:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD