If you check out Engadget you can see the HTC Sensation is 1.2 GHz Dual Core and will be out soon I suppose. So Android will have like a year's head start on RIM, unfortunately.
    04-12-11 09:36 AM
    If you check out Engadget you can see the HTC Sensation is 1.2 GHz Dual Core and will be out soon I suppose. So Android will have like a year's head start on RIM, unfortunately.
    Sorry and welcome to the forums, but why does it matter who gets dual core 1st? Shouldn't product quality be ahead of such things?

I'm happy to keep my 624hmz 9780 till QNX comes to handhelds, and if I really need something else like one of the 6.1 devices, I can even take a bb-vacation. We all can.

As long as RIM does not take too long (as in, going the Palm way), let them take their time and get it right for release.

I would expect that from RIM. The Storm 2 got screwed out of OS 6.0 so I would expect the same to happen with all 6.0 devices. I don't think any of them will see OS 7. I think the 9700 won't even see OS 6.1. Welcome to the world where the Storm 2 and other devices are R.I.P. ... But at the end of the day, as a business u gotta look forward and keepin movin ahead so it is expected. Technology will always be advance. Wow I just re-read what I wrote and Im such a hypocrite lol...
    As of now, there is not much we know about 6.1... But it IS possible the 9700 won't be seeing it if we consider the OS might need more device memory... On ther other hand, I would expect the 9700 to get it since it is far to close to the 9780 in hardware specs...

On the Storms... They all have 528mhz processors right? It could be enough for the 9650 since it doesn't have a touch screen, but could have been it was too few for the storms to properly handle 6 (allaged reason the 8520 didn't get the update with its 512mhz processor).
    Last edited by diegonei; 04-12-11 at 10:12 AM.
    04-12-11 10:01 AM
    Sorry and welcome to the forums, but why does it matter who gets dual core 1st? Shouldn't product quality be ahead of such things?

I'm happy to keep my 624hmz 9780 till QNX comes to handhelds, and if I really need something else like one of the 6.1 devices, I can even take a bb-vacation. We all can.

As long as RIM does not take too long (as in, going the Palm way), let them take their time and get it right for release.
    I have a Tour (9630) and love it -- plan to grab one of the coming 6.1 devices, and have pre-ordered the Playbook. I have tried to "suggest" to my friends to all get BlackBerries. Yet all of them get Android phones. Whatever it takes to appeal to the new "common" users (my friends are not techies-I work in IT), my personal observation in my circle of friends is that RIM is failing at this. So yes, quality does matter. But it's not like HTC is putting out crap phones. And their lead is so huge. I am really not sure what to say. I hope it turns around. The Playbook on the other hand, looks like it will be the first high quality device that can actually challenge Apple. Hopefully the 6.1 phones steal some thunder from Android. Because the QNX phones, as many others here have said, are pretty far out.
    04-12-11 10:16 AM
    I know that RIM needs to make money and that 6.1 is essentially a stop gap, but I don't see the point in it. We've waited long enough as is, and I myself prefer to wait for OS 7. I would have preferred they had not put the effort into OS 6.1 and instead into OS 7, since I believe that it would have probably shortened the time we will have to wait for it.
    04-14-11 04:48 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD