02-16-13 03:14 PM
    I think BB10 will save the company, the Z is great but add in the Q, and all the other devices they have planned...Throw in some M2M and a couple license deals....BOOM....huge success.
    02-16-13 03:18 PM
    The author hasn't even tried the phone. We don't need to "prove" anything to him.
    02-16-13 03:22 PM
    Connecticut huh? They aren't even a world super power. Not knocking the state but I mean he hasn't tried it but I don't run over there for my news on tech. Imnsure they thought windows was gonna kill apple back in the day. Even if that came from usc or ucla I wouldn't really trust. Indont go round colleges for polls. Only answers. Better than most tech sites but barely.
    02-16-13 03:27 PM
    On the one hand I don't think we should be feeding extra traffic to his stupid post.. but on the other hand his poll is leaning 83% in our favor..
    02-16-13 03:28 PM
    No, the Z10 won't save the company. BB10 may, but that one phone is not going to turn the company around. A continuing stream of models like Samsung does will keep Blackberry going and eventually grabbing a larger chunk of the market.

It's interesting that the author says that many of the the 70,000 apps being subpar. I guess he's never really explored the Android or iOS app stores too thoroughly or he'd realize that the sheer volume of apps on any of the other platforms doesn't translate to quality there, either. And the ones he suggests are missing will be coming as the Blackberry brand regains life, with some of those already being usable by converting the Android version.

I'll add my own little rant, here. For various reasons, I'm now mostly Android, except for my Playbook. I'm also in the US, which doesn't have BB10 phones, yet. Which mostly makes me a lurker, here. I still have Crackberry in my reader and on Tapatalk. Crackberry has had a HUGE amount of how-to posts, some learning BB10, some converting from something else to BB10. Learning all the ins and outs is awesome, but the sheer number of posts about things to learn makes it seem like BB10/QNX is hard to navigate and use. My own experience with the Playbook says otherwise. But I wonder if all this helpful information being published in such a short period of time might make BB10 seem less intuitive and more difficult, scaring some away from converting.
    02-16-13 03:49 PM
    We don't know medium and long term marketing planning but we can only hope it is better than their short ....

These days you don't look soo much more at others, you look at what you are special at and make sure no one can over come you. In that sense I hope BB have somethijg up their sleeve.

That's my view. On the other hand we will have to wait to see how the world reacts. People won't change back because of bb's marketing policy but they might when someone near to them shows it off and brags about it. We will know more within 3-4 months.
    02-16-13 04:22 PM
    JUST KEEP PERFECTING IT!!!!!! S3 is on the third generation of an OS they do not control. That is why they have been attacking BlackBerry lately. Their future is uncertain!!!! Samsung, even if they manufacture their own OS, can not duplicate the key functionality without legal issues. They are at a strategic impasse.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    02-16-13 04:34 PM
    JUST KEEP PERFECTING IT!!!!!! S3 is on the third generation of an OS they do not control. That is why they have been attacking BlackBerry lately. Their future is uncertain!!!! Samsung, even if they manufacture their own OS, can not duplicate the key functionality without legal issues. They are at a strategic impasse.

hahahahaha, uncertain?

how many parts of the Z10 are made by Samsung again?

Give your head a shake.
    02-16-13 04:40 PM
    The author hasn't even tried the phone. We don't need to "prove" anything to him.
    agree the phones will speak for them selves.
    02-16-13 04:51 PM
    The Author is obviously biased in his viewpoint, since his one and only premise is that no matter BlackBerry does, it is too late to save the company. I mean he even acknowledges that the Z10 is a great phone, but what I think he fails to realize is that the smartphone market is not a static one, but a dynamic one that is always changing.

His logic is that IOS/Android will always be dominant and no other OS will ever be strong enough to compete with them. This is where I disagree, as companies do have the capability to come back in the game if they come out with a great product, even if their backs are against the wall. A good example is Apple, which came back from near bankruptcy in 1997. RIM/Blackberry is in a much better position than Apple was, as they have no debts, a decent cash flow, and a significant amount of customers, so I do think that the Z10 and the new BB10 OS can bring them back into the game.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-16-13 05:11 PM
    i think the z10 wont save blackberry.
    But it will do enough to keep blackberry alive until the phone comes along that does save it
    02-16-13 05:39 PM
    hahahahaha, uncertain?

how many parts of the Z10 are made by Samsung again?

Give your head a shake.
    How much of Samsung's OS do they OWN? SMH.

02-20-13 06:54 PM
    No, the Z10 won't save the company. BB10 may, but that one phone is not going to turn the company around. A continuing stream of models like Samsung does will keep Blackberry going and eventually grabbing a larger chunk of the market.

It's interesting that the author says that many of the the 70,000 apps being subpar. I guess he's never really explored the Android or iOS app stores too thoroughly or he'd realize that the sheer volume of apps on any of the other platforms doesn't translate to quality there, either. And the ones he suggests are missing will be coming as the Blackberry brand regains life, with some of those already being usable by converting the Android version.

I'll add my own little rant, here. For various reasons, I'm now mostly Android, except for my Playbook. I'm also in the US, which doesn't have BB10 phones, yet. Which mostly makes me a lurker, here. I still have Crackberry in my reader and on Tapatalk. Crackberry has had a HUGE amount of how-to posts, some learning BB10, some converting from something else to BB10. Learning all the ins and outs is awesome, but the sheer number of posts about things to learn makes it seem like BB10/QNX is hard to navigate and use. My own experience with the Playbook says otherwise. But I wonder if all this helpful information being published in such a short period of time might make BB10 seem less intuitive and more difficult, scaring some away from converting.
    Never mind the how to posts, your already a advanced user from owning a playbook. It is uncanny how similar it is. Grab the z10 you will love it.
    02-20-13 07:05 PM
    Actually, CB how-to posts helps the BB10 and Z10,...as it allows folks to shorten their learning curve for the Z10. User see,...user do!
    02-20-13 07:59 PM
    Everything you need to know with regards to using a Z10 can be learned with the short tutorial videos when the phone first turns on. Everything I've seen here are mostly advanced, but non-essential gestures and tips, or converting Android apps into BARs (also non-essential). It took me about five minutes to get used to the device after I got it, but of course I already knew of all the gestures before hand. I'd reckon someone totally unfamiliar with the phone would take maybe an hour or two.
    02-20-13 08:04 PM