I hate when my iPhone friends throw up in my face that their phone can do Netflix and Amazon video. It makes me sick and then they say: Get an iPhone. You're not part of the in crowd unless u have one.

I love my BB Bold 9900 and find it hard 2defend it when simple features are lacking. Anyways, anyone know if Netflix and Amazon video will finally grace a BB device? Don't reply NO and say RIM is Canadian because Samsung is Korean, OK!!!!!!!
    11-17-12 02:12 PM
    nobody knows..
    we'll find out on january 30th which apps will be on bb10 and which won't

if netflix, skype, etc. will be supported, they'll definitely announce it then

btw...
    do people really watch movies/tv shows via netflix on their 4'' screen? lol
    11-17-12 02:22 PM
    With many, it is a case of the grass is greener...... many have no use for Skype, Netflix....but it is the standard which devices are judged....whether we like it or not... so RIM may have grave problems if they are not available.....
    11-17-12 02:32 PM
    nobody knows..
    we'll find out on january 30th which apps will be on bb10 and which won't

if netflix, skype, etc. will be supported, they'll definitely announce it then

btw...
    do people really watch movies/tv shows via netflix on their 4'' screen? lol
    Yes, i do all the time. Usually on my lunch breaks i watch tv shows, and i also add shows/movies to my instant queue while on the go.
    waker likes this.
    11-17-12 02:43 PM
    Rim is doing all they can. They even offered to send a team of developers to help out. I think Netflix has been caught up with Windows 8/smart TV development over the last half year. Alec Saunders had mentioned something along the lines that they are currently focused on different platforms (summer). Perhaps, Netflix promised to work on the app after windows8 launch. Honestly, as much as I love RIM, I would definitely ensure readiness for Windows8 before Playbook or BB10. Now that Windows8 app is out of the way, perhaps they will focus on a kickass BB10 app. I personally would sign up to Netflix if they made a playbook app. XBox 360 requires a gold subscription to use Netflix ap... wtf? I am not going to buy another device just to watch netflix.
    bluetroll likes this.
    11-17-12 02:47 PM
    what's netflix? and amazon video?
    something like youtube?

Sent from my unsliding BB slider
    11-17-12 02:49 PM
    I don't think it's as easy as making an app.

I believe there might be licensing issues between the content owners and the providers.
    11-17-12 03:03 PM
    what's netflix? and amazon video?
    something like youtube?

Netflix- https://signup.netflix.com/?ca_sourc...FemiPAodxT0AyA
    11-17-12 03:07 PM
    What we do know is that it will have playon which has both netflix and hulu along with many other options for watching shows/tvWatch TV shows, sports, movies from Hulu, ESPN, Netflix, Comedy Central and more on PS3, Wii, Xbox, iPhone, iPad, or Android phone. | What's PlayOn? | PlayOn

So the answer is yes my BlackBerry10 phone will be able to play netflix and hulu accounts.
    11-17-12 03:18 PM
    What we do know is that it will have playon which has both netflix and hulu along with many other options for watching shows/tvWatch TV shows, sports, movies from Hulu, ESPN, Netflix, Comedy Central and more on PS3, Wii, Xbox, iPhone, iPad, or Android phone. | What's PlayOn? | PlayOn

So the answer is yes my BlackBerry10 phone will be able to play netflix and hulu accounts.
    Good luck with that while your not in the comfort of your home..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    11-17-12 03:35 PM
    thanks for sharing.
    it says netflix is not available in my country.
    which country actually netflix cater? besides USA.

11-17-12 09:16 PM
    Yes, i do all the time. Usually on my lunch breaks i watch tv shows, and i also add shows/movies to my instant queue while on the go.
    would be cool if BB10 does come with it, microHDMI makes buying DVDs of shows pointless but at the same time netflix has all dated stuff, no resent shows, like say the big bang theory episode i missed on monday, i also use my playbook all the time to watch movies with my girlfriend, the microHDMI should help make things more appealing for developers of such apps even skype but i guess the bad press about RIMs demise and the drop in market share is enough to turn their heads away from great features that can allow more users and higher profits for them
    11-18-12 05:26 AM
    As far as Amazon Prime is concerned, BB10 already supports Flash, so you can watch streaming video through the web browser (even full screen) . I do this all the time on my PlayBook. It works on the Dev Alpha as well. The HDMI port also lets you watch on a TV as well.
    11-18-12 05:35 AM
    Good luck with that while your not in the comfort of your home..

Works outside of my home. Just have to make sure you set it up right.
    11-18-12 08:51 AM
    Works outside of my home. Just have to make sure you set it up right.
    And what would that set up be?

11-18-12 03:00 PM
    would be cool if BB10 does come with it, microHDMI makes buying DVDs of shows pointless but at the same time netflix has all dated stuff, no resent shows, like say the big bang theory episode i missed on monday, i also use my playbook all the time to watch movies with my girlfriend, the microHDMI should help make things more appealing for developers of such apps even skype but i guess the bad press about RIMs demise and the drop in market share is enough to turn their heads away from great features that can allow more users and higher profits for them
    Lol.. Netflix isn't a cable provider offering new episodes of cable tv..so of course it's not going to have the newest episode of the Big Bang Theory that you missed on Monday. However.. If BB at least had a Slingbox app.. The you'd be able to watch a recorded version of it anytime from anywhere..

11-18-12 03:03 PM