I know about T Mobile not stocking BB phones anymore and to get one you have to call them and go through special channels which is a bunch of BS.

I hope things will improve in the future, but I am still getting a z30 and getting rid of my iPhone 5s.

I found myself missing the Hub and Peek functions and lately I have reevaluated what I expect out of my device and BB OS10 and the z30 are going to fit the bill just fine.

Sent using the CB app
    Last edited by elite1; 01-22-14 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Removed quote of deleted post
    01-22-14 05:18 PM
    I'm not a Tmobile customer so I don't know, I can only assume if you call they will let you purchase one.
    I don't have to admit guilt when I'm not wrong lol people can still buy it if they actually try, it's there. And CB did and article on it I'll try to find a link.
    No thank you. Please don't. This off-topic runaway train needs to slow down, if not stop.

*** Thread closed temporarily for some early spring cleaning.***
    01-22-14 05:22 PM
    Thread is back open for business, although two dozen posts lighter.
    Unfortunately a few good points were lost as they shared a post with off-topic bickering. Remember: debate the topic, not the other member.

I will counsel everyone that further bickering and straying into long-winded debates over off-topic details will result in further actions.

[WARN]
    Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!

This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the Moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always use the Report button or even message a Moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture: if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you’re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they won’t be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry![/WARN]
    01-22-14 06:36 PM
    I don't know what this thread is really on about. In a single year we've seen bb10 and 2 major upgrades to bb10 (a third on the way this week), the z10, the q10, the q5, the z30, and a new bb10 Jakarta on the way. We've also seen the rollout of BES 10 and 10.1, BES cloud, as MDM solutions, including the related ios and Android apps. We've seen BBM get upgraded and go cross-platform as well. There are rumors they are working on a new high end keyboard and touch phone, and Chen has said that their designers will still likely work on the high end 'cool' stuff. But as others have pointed out, we are no longer competing directly in the consumer market, so upgrading phones with a batch of gimmicks, some hardware upgrades, a new shell, and a new marketing campaign, and then calling it 'innovation', just isn't where this company is going.

24C28DD7
    01-22-14 07:17 PM
    I don't know what this thread is really on about. In a single year we've seen bb10 and 2 major upgrades to bb10 (a third on the way this week), the z10, the q10, the q5, the z30, and a new bb10 Jakarta on the way. We've also seen the rollout of BES 10 and 10.1, BES cloud, as MDM solutions, including the related ios and Android apps. We've seen BBM get upgraded and go cross-platform as well. There are rumors they are working on a new high end keyboard and touch phone, and Chen has said that their designers will still likely work on the high end 'cool' stuff. But as others have pointed out, we are no longer competing directly in the consumer market, so upgrading phones with a batch of gimmicks, some hardware upgrades, a new shell, and a new marketing campaign, and then calling it 'innovation', just isn't where this company is going.

24C28DD7
    After reading the op before the thread got derailed, it's about new devices. Has nothing to do with bbm or the os updates.

I bought a Z10 at the US launch, and there is not another device in the pipeline to replace it. The Z30 is only available on one carrier, and not with the lte bands I would need. It's not available from BlackBerry directly either.

The only devices we've seen somewhat confirmed are the jakarta for the low end and emerging markets, and a new qwerty which is supposed to be a high end device. I want a new phone this year, I'm tired of dealing with the poor battery life on my Z10 yet I don't want a qwerty, haven't had one since '08. So for now I have 3 choices. Stick with the Z which is really a 2yr old phone, get something else from another manufacturer, or buy a (in my opinion) outdated z30 from a Canadian carrier.
    MERCDROID likes this.
    01-22-14 07:38 PM
    I heard that too, a friend of mine has played with a new keyboard BlackBerry he said Q50 maybe and he said he loved it

Posted via CB10
    That is all you got ?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    01-22-14 07:53 PM
    Blackberry has a 5 year deal with Foxconn. Don't think for one second that they're going to exit the consumer market.

John Chen is smart and he will remain in the consumer space albeit via the enterprise market.

Makes a whole lot of sense to me.

Posted via CB10
    DJM626, Jrox74 and Sexy Sadie like this.
    01-22-14 07:57 PM
    Yes you are correct there, however the screen is smaller so should be better quality and so far i've not been impressed by what i've seen of the Z30's screen.
    Speakers i do not know about and will have to find someone with a z30 so i can see for myself. i'm not trusting this site as they claimed that the Z10 speaker output was perfectly fine when it is poor.
    Expandable memory could be an issue but i've never filled a sd card or a device's memory so it shouldn't affect me.

Battery wise, i hear both devices can get through a day so coupled with my preference for smaller devices i am leaning towards the moto x.

The moto x also comes with a host of features while the z30 offers next to nothing over my z10 other then better battery and speakers.

I have tried the z30 and if i never had the z10 i probably would have gone for it
    I think the Moto X is a good device. I got one for one of my sisters recently and she loves it. I was just curious what specifically you liked about it. Thanks for the response.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 07:59 PM
    That is all you got ?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    Lol nothing new on my end yet haven't really talked to him, I'm watching the habs crap the bed lol

Posted via CB10
    dalight13 likes this.
    01-22-14 08:06 PM
    The title of this thread is inaccurate in my opinion, the Z30 is only 4 months old, the next new device Jakarta is due early 2014 ( North America?), a high end Querty will follow...and who knows what's next. The Z30 is here now, and a device that deserves the title "Flagship", it's a amazing phone.

Z30 on 2.2.1.1925 in Canada
    habs_fan and MERCDROID like this.
    01-22-14 08:10 PM
    Blackberry has a 5 year deal with Foxconn. Don't think for one second that they're going to exit the consumer market.

John Chen is smart and he will remain in the consumer space albeit via the enterprise market.

Makes a whole lot of sense to me.

Posted via CB10
    I doubt they would exit the consumer market, especially since consumers and corporate clients pretty much go hand in hand anymore.

I'd just like to see them get back to a yearly refresh of each device. The 9550 was a worthwhile upgrade to the Storm, and the slightly delayed 9850 was a more than worthwhile upgrade to the 9550.
    01-22-14 08:13 PM
    The title of this thread is inaccurate in my opinion, the Z30 is only 4 months old, the next new device Jakarta is due early 2014 ( North America?), a high end Querty will follow...and who knows what's next. The Z30 is here now, and a device that deserves the title "Flagship", it's a amazing phone.

Z30 on 2.2.1.1925 in Canada
    The z30 has limited availability worldwide and do you really think it's a worthy "flagship" device for all of 2014?

Zero mention of the jakarta being released anywhere other than "emerging markets".
    JeepBB and Drew808 like this.
    01-22-14 08:16 PM
    I must say I'm confused as to why people feel new handsets are not a priority for blackberry. Even if they have shifted away from consumer to busines2business or even enterprise models. They still new, evolving handsets ...legacy devices will only last sooo long and in the cellular business that's what.. 2 years tops.

The Z10 and Z30 are already out spec and the q10 even though with no real rival is long in the tooth a bit due to the screen size and an enterprise or b2b user will want the red and green call buttons. So .. no matter how you slice it, BB is due to refresh their handsets probably no later then q3 2014.

There is a lot of hype surrounding 10.2.1.. or whatever numbered leak that is.. I don't play with leaks so I haven't used it but lets all hope it lives up to the hype since nothing has yet for bb in 2 years.

I for one.. think it would good for BB to address carrier support issue though before handsets.. that's probably a seriously bigger issue for them right now. as their devices are once again.. just good enough to hold up and not major concerns just like the 9900s were. They need to fix carrier support 1st and foremost.. then find a better solution then just the app bridge to Android and get a way for developers to fully support them and then address the tablet issue. Tabs aren't going away.. and for b2b and enterprise .. they'll need a tab solution to market the BB revival successful. All of which.. isn't a handset issue.

Now talk of a 8" tab, Q30 (larger screen, better camera), S30, Z30 & Z50 (samsung note like) , BB10.3 and dropped the Q5 & Z10 models and you have a real sticking point to make a media wave...of blackberry being back and meaning business again.
    Last edited by diehardbbuser; 01-22-14 at 10:40 PM. Reason: correction
    fanatical likes this.
    01-22-14 08:23 PM
    The Moto x is a decent phone.

Regarding the z50 I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you. (Mwc is a month away).

Regarding your worry in 10.2.1; there is a rumor that Sebastien Marineau is moving on, just like the founders of tat. Which would explain bb10's stagnation (no 10.3).
    Stagnation? Really? I've had 4 updates in 10 months, soon to be 5.
    You source for no 10.3 or is this just you stating opinion as fact again?

Posted via CB10
    habs_fan and fanatical like this.
    01-22-14 09:33 PM
    however BlackBerry have no flagship lined up to replace the z30.
    Say who? haha. Just because you don't yet know about the next series doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Doesn't mean some haven't already seen it

Good things come to those who wait. The wait may not be as long as you think.
    deptech likes this.
    01-22-14 10:55 PM
    I wouldn't mind a pause in the hardware updates to concentrate on software updates. Imagine if it was their goal to optimize BB10 so that even on last year's hardware, it would fly faster than on current or next gen hardware. This accomplishes three things: 1. current users get faster/better software, 2. the Foxconn hardware will run better and BB gets a good reputation with low-end devices and 3. when there is new hardware, the device will run super fast.

BB is concentrating on services at the moment, so there's no need to create more inventory when there's a bunch of Z10's out there. Better/faster software will help sell these devices too.
    Jrox74 likes this.
    01-22-14 11:10 PM
    Say who? haha. Just because you don't yet know about the next series doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Doesn't mean some haven't already seen it

Good things come to those who wait. The wait may not be as long as you think.
    Suddenly in 2014 BlackBerry learned how to keep secrets????

What device was a surprise in the last 5 or 6 years?
    Shadowyugi, JeepBB and Drew808 like this.
    01-22-14 11:33 PM
    Currently have an iPhone, and I've had iPhones for the past 5 years. I'm upgrading this year and I'm actually waiting to see what BlackBerry does this year. Admittedly, I would have gotten the Q10 if it had a bigger screen but there is no way I was going to go from a 3.5 inch screen to a 3.0 inch screen. Hopefully the high-end QWERTY device John Chen spoke about actually materializes... I'm keeping an eye out for it and I hold in it the same lime light as a possible iPhone 6 or Galaxy Note 4.
    01-22-14 11:50 PM
    I keep seeing people mention the z30. I'm curious.
    What makes the z30 a next gen device over the z10?

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 12:51 AM
    Currently have an iPhone, and I've had iPhones for the past 5 years. I'm upgrading this year and I'm actually waiting to see what BlackBerry does this year. Admittedly, I would have gotten the Q10 if it had a bigger screen but there is no way I was going to go from a 3.5 inch screen to a 3.0 inch screen. Hopefully the high-end QWERTY device John Chen spoke about actually materializes... I'm keeping an eye out for it and I hold in it the same lime light as a possible iPhone 6 or Galaxy Note 4.
    I think this is relevant to my point. You want a qwerty and we know a high end qwerty is coming out. We don't know when though. But you are willing to wait for it. I'm going to guess that your contract is up halfway through the year or towards the end?
    There may not be many people willing to wait and who may not want a qwerty. And BlackBerry has not given many people an incentive to wait as there is very little information out there on next generation devices and their capabilities

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 12:56 AM
    Can you define slow down in Blackberry 10? I've had 4 updates in 10 months. Not sure what you expect out of the OS? What have the other OS' available done that you consider innovation?

Posted via CB10
    What is new to BlackBerry 10 in the last 10 months that is innovative? I never claimed that the other os were innovative I'm disputing the claim that BlackBerry 10 is innovative.
    Obviously we must see something new soon or the only thing that will set the new devices apart will be specs and price. But what BlackBerry has planned, if anything, for BlackBerry 10 is a mystery

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    01-23-14 12:58 AM
    The z30 is an old device that was released late.
    The main reason I want to see a new device is because I want to see something new from BlackBerry. I am genuinely concerned about BlackBerry 10. I have not seen anything fresh since launch and not much innovative moves.
    I want some indication of what BlackBerry intends to do with BlackBerry 10 and what direction they will take their devices.

Posted via CB10
    I wouldn't call the Z30 an old device. If that was the case then the newest iPhone 5's are also old devices released too late.
    What makes the Z30 superior is the combination of specifications and BB10 OS. You can also see from user reviews all across the internet, the Z30 is highly regarded as one of the best smart phones in existence.

You don't need super charged, battery draining phone spec's to have an awesome device. This is what Android manufacturers want people to think, so they can have a reason to sell you new hardware. A super charged spec'ed phone running Android is a mute point, won't benefit from it.

This is why the Z30 has higher user rates versus the GS4 and the newest iPhones. Also BB10 is here to stay, and they will build on it for many years to come. The Pentagon, along with the Enterprise adoption confirm this.
    habs_fan and fanatical like this.
    01-23-14 01:00 AM
    I wouldn't call the Z30 an old device. If that was the case then the newest iPhone 5's are also old devices released too late.
    What makes the Z30 superior is the combination of specifications and BB10 OS. You can also see from user reviews all across the internet, the Z30 is highly regarded as one of the best smart phones in existence.

You don't need super charged, battery draining phone spec's to have an awesome device. This is what Android manufacturers want people to think, so they can have a reason to sell you new hardware. A super charged spec'ed phone running Android is a mute point, won't benefit from it.

This is why the Z30 has higher user rates versus the GS4 and the newest iPhones. Also BB10 is here to stay, and they will build on it for many years to come. The Pentagon, along with the Enterprise adoption confirm this.
    I think you didn't see what I meant. The z30 is a watered down version of the Aristo that had been planned well before the iPhone 5s. And also the iPhone 5s will be replaced this year.
    I dispute the z30 is one of the best smartphones in existence claim. There are other phones that can offer the same experience. And I have not seen anything outside of BlackBerry sites making this claim.
    I agree that you don't need super specs to have a great experience. I believe that the moto X is an example of this. Don't think super specs is all android does. Features makes an experience and we haven't had any new features for a while

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    01-23-14 01:05 AM
    I understand your point completely. All these decisions were made by the previous management, where most of them are no longer with BlackBerry. I believe at the time it was too late to design and release a much higher spec'ed phone, and therefore ended up just launching the Z30.
    Obviously BlackBerry made a huge error, because many consumers look for specs in a phone (This was caused by Android makers). But trust user reviews, the Z30 is superior, feels like high quality and visually pleasing. The OS is elegant, and now with soon to come Android apps, its da bomb.

Regarding features, BB10 is new, people need to give it some time. From the start of its launch > BB10, to > BB10.1, and > BB10.2 and now soon to come > BB10.2.1, each and every single update has made BB10 Amazing. To me this shows strong dedication to the platform. And Mr. Chen just confirms that dedication in many reviews he's had.

I've used a Z30 at a BELL Store, but don't have one yet. Will be getting one in late Feb 2014, can't wait. But in the meantime I enjoy my partners Z10

PLUS: And this is just me, but I would never do my Banking for example on anything without it having a BlackBerry logo on it.
    Last edited by ATI nsider; 01-23-14 at 01:16 AM.
    darkehawke likes this.
    01-23-14 01:05 AM
    Some people aren't listening to what John Chen has said. He's repeatedly said that BlackBerry won't be chasing the competition and will be focusing on their core strengths. With this in mind it's difficult to see how the Z30 can be improved, other then with software.

Posted via CB10
    aniym and Plazmic Flame like this.
    01-23-14 02:18 AM
224 12345 ...