I recently bought a phone that was already flashed to MetroPCS from the Sprint network. I went in to have my number switched to the phone for $10 bucks...the only problem is my MMS and Internet is no longer working (I had it on my previous phone). I am trying my best to do all this research on how to fix it but I am at my wits end and very frustrated...I know absolutely nothing about technology..much less blackberries, but I am really trying. All I have is a blackberry 8330 and a charger with the text and talk function with a camera, a game, and sound recording, but I know the blackberry can do so much more!

Does anyone know if it is possible to get at least the internet to work, I called the metro people and they said it wasn't possible, but I know someone out there has a solution.

I am trying to learn everything like MSL and everything, but it is so overwhelming so could someone give me the breakdown...or am I in over my head?
    11-30-10 04:51 PM
    Does Metro PCS offer a Blackberry data plan (i.e. BIS)? If not, then you won't be able to use the browser, MMS, email, or other data unfortunately, because you won't have the necessary "service books". It might be able to access the internet over a third party browser and/or wifi, but I can't guarantee that.
    Chickle likes this.
    11-30-10 05:11 PM
    Does Metro PCS offer a Blackberry data plan (i.e. BIS)? If not, then you won't be able to use the browser, MMS, email, or other data unfortunately, because you won't have the necessary "service books". It might be able to access the internet over a third party browser and/or wifi, but I can't guarantee that.
    Problem with flashing a device to Metro is that some of the BIS items wont work.

please read through this thread

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/fla...t-work-537518/
    Chickle likes this.
    11-30-10 05:25 PM
    Thank you guys! Thats the forum I have been reading over and over. There is another thread on how to download a service book...I just wasn't sure what it was.

I feel silly for buying this phone, next time I will just stick to my 15 dollar samsung
    11-30-10 05:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD