Hi, All:

Hope I'm posting correctly. First time posting to a forum. I'm thinking of buying a Key2 but I need to ensure it works internationally--mainly in Chile--as I travel a lot for work. Does anyone know if the BBF100-2, which seems to be the US version, works in Chile? I normally go down there and put a local SIM card in and it works fine. I have a local number and everything--and that's really the capability that I'm looking for. My previous phones have all been unlocked iPhones and Motorolas. I've searched the internet and the only Key2 versions I can see that, ostensibly, for sure work in Chile are the KEY2 BBF100-9 and BBF100-6. My research shows these are "International" versions, which makes me hesitant to purchase due to their (1) not having a warranty in the US and (2) not knowing how well they'd work in the US. Stateside (in the US) I use AT&T. I thought that it's either CDMA or GSM--simple as that. My research appears to show its more complicated than that. Any feedback is much appreciated.

Best,

v. drew
    04-02-19 11:58 PM
    This should also answer your question: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1168437

Submitted via blackberry passport on freedom mobile HSPA+ or LTE
    v drew likes this.
    04-08-19 03:48 PM
    Thank you very much, Rootbrian. I was a bit disappointed that no one had answered my question--first time user of a forum, and that might be part of the reason! But you lead me to some useful information. I investigated quite a bit on the internet and my soft conclusion is that while the BBF100-2 will work in Chile, it will not get as good of reception as the BBF100-6. Every other phone, however, that I've used while in Australia or Chile has worked when with a local sim card. So I just bit the bullet and bought the Key2. It's interesting, however: the majority of folks at my workplace harass me for having a Blackberry and not an iPhone. (1), I wouldn't choose an iPhone even if I was to spend 1K on a phone; and (2), who cares? I am for one excited to be playing with a phone that brought me into the smartphone era--and a keyboard that I've never gotten over losing.

However, as you might have read in a couple threads here, the Key2 does not upload videos to Instagram well. The forumites say this is an Instagram issue; that they do not have a patch that recognizes the 3:2 screen ratio of the Key2. Bummer. But, perhaps the world could use a little less social media and a little more time outdoors anyway so it's all good.

Gracias, my man!
    Rootbrian likes this.
    04-11-19 09:16 PM
    Thank you very much, Rootbrian. I was a bit disappointed that no one had answered my question--first time user of a forum, and that might be part of the reason! But you lead me to some useful information. I investigated quite a bit on the internet and my soft conclusion is that while the BBF100-2 will work in Chile, it will not get as good of reception as the BBF100-6. Every other phone, however, that I've used while in Australia or Chile has worked when with a local sim card. So I just bit the bullet and bought the Key2. It's interesting, however: the majority of folks at my workplace harass me for having a Blackberry and not an iPhone. (1), I wouldn't choose an iPhone even if I was to spend 1K on a phone; and (2), who cares? I am for one excited to be playing with a phone that brought me into the smartphone era--and a keyboard that I've never gotten over losing.

However, as you might have read in a couple threads here, the Key2 does not upload videos to Instagram well. The forumites say this is an Instagram issue; that they do not have a patch that recognizes the 3:2 screen ratio of the Key2. Bummer. But, perhaps the world could use a little less social media and a little more time outdoors anyway so it's all good.

Gracias, my man!
    Welcome to CB and don’t feel ignored or slighted... post early post often
    04-11-19 09:57 PM

Gracias, my man!
    You're welcome!!

Typed on my blackberry classic with 10.3.3-latest on freedom mobile HSPA+
    04-11-19 10:11 PM