My wife has an iPhone 4. If she wanted to renew her plan by buying a new BB could she alternate using the new BB and her iPhone simply by swapping SIM cards? I know she would need to switch to a BB data plan, which I believe would work for her iPhone.

The BB would work better for her daily work needs, but I know she won't want to give up her iPhone for media use. But the only way she would do it is if she could easily switch back and forth between the two.
    11-28-11 10:17 AM
    The bb data plan will work with the iphone. It would be the swapping out of the Sim that would be a pain. I believe the iPhone 4 uses a micro Sim so you would have to get an adapter to make it a regular Sim for the bb
    Altarocks likes this.
    11-28-11 10:28 AM
    You would have to constantly transfer your (or her) information from the micro-sim card to the standard SIM card and back in order for each to work as iPhone 4 takes the smaller SIM card.

When, I was with Rogers here in Canada I switched to a Blackberry Torch from an iPhone 4 and had to get my plan to include BIS, but I could always go back to iPhones and it didn't affect anything.
    Altarocks likes this.
    11-28-11 10:32 AM
    You would have to constantly transfer your (or her) information from the micro-sim card to the standard SIM card and back in order for each to work as iPhone 4 takes the smaller SIM card.

When, I was with Rogers here in Canada I switched to a Blackberry Torch from an iPhone 4 and had to get my plan to include BIS, but I could always go back to iPhones and it didn't affect anything.
    Did you do that by transferring the sim data between cards? SmakBerry's suggestion seems the easiest, but I haven't heard from anyone that has actually used an adapter.
    11-28-11 12:44 PM
    Even if you work out how to swap sim cards, it's a hit or miss on if the data (browser, email) would work. I tried going back to my iphone 3gs about 5-6 months ago to see if I missed using it as my main phone and data did not work. The AT&T people said sometimes it works with bis, other times are like me where I only get the phone service. So you may want to check out if yours will transition while sticking with bis.

She could connect to wifi to use the iphone for media if she needs an internet connection. (That is if she has access to wifi at those times!)
    Altarocks likes this.
    11-28-11 12:47 PM
    I've seen some micro Sim adapters advertised, as well as quite a few DIY instructions to make your own. Many people claim they work, but I'm not going to suggest anything to my wife unless I know it will work. I guess worst case is she would turn her iPhone into an iPod Touch.
    11-28-11 01:00 PM
    The sim card adapter will def work when swapping. I grabbed some off ebay and swapping between my bb and iphone 4s is pretty simple
    Altarocks likes this.
    11-28-11 01:47 PM
    Switching the SIM would be a pain, unless you are on Verizon. In that case you can enable the different MEID's in your profile and switch at will. The BB data plan costs more on several carriers however. We have people that switch back and forth at times. It works.
    11-28-11 05:10 PM
    Agree with the others.
    Adapter is simple cheap and easy to use for that.
    11-28-11 11:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD