View Poll Results: Will you switch platforms now?

Voters
189. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

33 17.46%
  • No

131 69.31%
  • Thinking about it now.

25 13.23%
    Apple has these limitations for a reason. iPhone is a very powerful piece of equipment. Without limitations the battery drain would be huge. Why even try To argue such an erroneous topic!? Duh who cares
    Apple and Android has these limitations, they're both not exactly famous for battery life.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-11 11:43 AM
    Take a peek on youtube. Some of the fastest mobile typers are on Android and iPhone.
    And what do you mean by efficiency? Elaborate.
    Agree! I type faster on my iPhone because of my nails. I type faster on my torch only if my nails or cut short like a boy. At one point I was having my nail tech cut my thumbs shorter then my other nails, but that is ridiculous and got old fast.
    06-09-11 12:35 PM
    Agree! I type faster on my iPhone because of my nails. I type faster on my torch only if my nails or cut short like a boy. At one point I was having my nail tech cut my thumbs shorter then my other nails, but that is ridiculous and got old fast.
    The curve style keyboard apparently is much better for long finger nails, the buttons are smaller and have more space between them.

06-09-11 12:48 PM
    BTW. Here is a little blurb and video of iMessage in action. It's still in it's beta stage.

Ever Wondered How iMessage Works In iOS 5? Here's A Hands-On Demo [VIDEO] | Redmond Pie
    06-09-11 01:55 PM
    BTW. Here is a little blurb and video of iMessage in action. It's still in it's beta stage.

Ever Wondered How iMessage Works In iOS 5? Here's A Hands-On Demo [VIDEO] | Redmond Pie
    I watched it and I'm not impressed, I didn't see the option to send files, location, voicenotes, contacts etc.
    Also, since it's integrated to SMS, will there be a caracter limit?
    Lastly, I 've seen other videos and it doesn't seem to have groups, just group chats.

So far it looks far inferior to BBM, even to whatsapp.

06-09-11 02:16 PM
    huh??
    1. physical keyboard is never going to happen. Trust me... when i switched it was a pain point. Give it time and you will be juuust fine my friend. If my friends 6 year old can do it.. so can you.
    It is this "one size fits all" mentality that keeps many users with BlackBerry. While I agree that there are those who can type very quickly and efficiently on a touchscreen, there are also those for whom a keyboard is a much better input device. Myself, I have carpal tunnel that has caused some numbness in my fingertips, and using touchscreen is not all that easy. I also do not find touchscreens easy to use in winter weather.

Sure, maybe someone can use a touchscreen, but that doesn't mean they want to or should have to. Taking a dig by implying that someone should be able to do something a six-year-old can do is unnecessary and inappropriate. Some people can, and some people can't. Some people can, but choose not to because of various reasons.

I want a keyboard and I need a keyboard. I don't care if a neighbor's 6-year-old can use a touchscreen. I don't care if a trained monkey can use a touchscreen. I don't honestly care if a caveman or a ferret can use a touchscreen. I know that even though I can use one, I do not want to use one.

And that is one huge reason why I will never get or use an iPhone. One of many.
    06-09-11 04:07 PM
    He's also skipping over the part where 6 year olds are stupid & can't spell & that the jibberish the child left on the screen could hardly be considered using the keyboard.

It is this "one size fits all" mentality that keeps many users with BlackBerry. While I agree that there are those who can type very quickly and efficiently on a touchscreen, there are also those for whom a keyboard is a much better input device. Myself, I have carpal tunnel that has caused some numbness in my fingertips, and using touchscreen is not all that easy. I also do not find touchscreens easy to use in winter weather.

Sure, maybe someone can use a touchscreen, but that doesn't mean they want to or should have to. Taking a dig by implying that someone should be able to do something a six-year-old can do is unnecessary and inappropriate. Some people can, and some people can't. Some people can, but choose not to because of various reasons.

I want a keyboard and I need a keyboard. I don't care if a neighbor's 6-year-old can use a touchscreen. I don't care if a trained monkey can use a touchscreen. I don't honestly care if a caveman or a ferret can use a touchscreen. I know that even though I can use one, I do not want to use one.

And that is one huge reason why I will never get or use an iPhone. One of many.
    06-09-11 04:12 PM
    So far it looks far inferior to BBM, even to whatsapp.

:-) that's cute. I guess we shall see.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    06-09-11 06:00 PM
    :-) that's cute. I guess we shall see.

Cute or not are you denying it lacks many features BBM has?
    Where's the contact profile pics, status updates, location, files, contacts, songs, voice notes sharing, groups, not group chats, groups with chat/photos/calendar, where's the music updates, where's the ability to block a user.

Last edited by belfastdispatcher; 06-09-11 at 06:06 PM.
    06-09-11 06:04 PM
    Cute or not are you denying it lacks many features BBM has?
    Where's the contact profile pics, status updates, location, files, contacts, songs, voice notes sharing, groups, not group chats, groups with chat/photos/calendar, where's the music updates, where's the ability to block a user.

I have one word for you... BETA.
    FigureThisOut likes this.
    06-09-11 06:26 PM
    I have one word for you... BETA.
    <----- thanks.

06-09-11 11:25 PM
    Well guys BBM is ORIGINAL....
    Its the best and most evolved and there is no beating it in its interface and everything. Too bad Apple got jealous and made iMessage. Well anyways BBM will be the best and that for all! Blackberry has the best features and all and with 7 OS there is NO WAY Im switching..................
    06-10-11 04:46 AM
    Now that the dust has settled it's obvious imessage copied BBM but unfortunatelly for Apple they copied 2006 BBM, not 2011 BBM, certainly not OS7 BBM.

Right now imessage is succeding in making BBM looking even better.

06-10-11 05:05 AM
    I dont really know why people are saying BBM is so much better, or even imessages is better. It is in beta mode right now, so who knows what it's going to be like when it's finished?
    06-10-11 06:57 AM
    Sorry, no way I ever go to iphone.
    06-10-11 09:04 AM
    I dont really know why people are saying BBM is so much better, or even imessages is better. It is in beta mode right now, so who knows what it's going to be like when it's finished?
    I am sure if the situtuation was flipped iphone users would be doing the same thing.

06-10-11 03:14 PM
    I can at least admit that both are cool. I mean I love BBM and it's amazing. There are things I would change but nothing is perfect. I think iMessage is a good take on BBM and it's still in beta so I am excited to see what the final product will be and how RIM plans to counter that.

Still hope they get rid of the pin feature and it automatically figures out if they have a BB or not. Because- that feature is legit, very legit. I don't care what anyone says I think it's cool and would is a welcomed feature for BBM.
    06-10-11 03:26 PM
    Still hope they get rid of the pin feature and it automatically figures out if they have a BB or not. Because- that feature is legit, very legit. I don't care what anyone says I think it's cool and would is a welcomed feature for BBM.
    NO WAY!

the removing of using PIN's in place for BBID's and the auto detection and adding to my list would FORCE me to leave blackberry's

I have approximately 81 people on my BBM list currently 50 or so I talk to nearly daily, I have some 900 semi regular contacts in my address book, and EASILY 500 of them are Blackberry users owners if not more of them.

I don't want in any way shape or form to have people automatically added to my BBM list, and be included in seeing my status, or picture.

The control over ones list through PIN, and the ability to just change ones PIN when buying a new phone is awesome
    06-10-11 04:04 PM
    NO WAY!

the removing of using PIN's in place for BBID's and the auto detection and adding to my list would FORCE me to leave blackberry's

I have approximately 81 people on my BBM list currently 50 or so I talk to nearly daily, I have some 900 semi regular contacts in my address book, and EASILY 500 of them are Blackberry users owners if not more of them.

I don't want in any way shape or form to have people automatically added to my BBM list, and be included in seeing my status, or picture.

The control over ones list through PIN, and the ability to just change ones PIN when buying a new phone is awesome
    And if BBM ever becomes cross-platform, it would be great if the minute BBM
    was downloaded to the device, it creates a PIN tied to the device's serial
    number or maybe IMEI. So if I have an iPhone, break it and get another one, I
    now have a new PIN number.
    06-10-11 05:27 PM
    Don't be a fanboy mate... I clearly mentioned how that emphasized how good the BB was at multitasking using that example. It's obvious nobody would really want to listen to two songs at the same time. Having said that... maybe if connected to DJ turntables then i could literally do a mix as that's what happens on a laptop/PC is used. All I'll need to do is adjust might right and left headphones accordingly.

You just gotta love Blackberry..
    With iPhone, there's 'an app for that' Djay or Tap DJ Both allowing you to cue and mix two songs at once, can't get any better than that
    Last edited by The Gift; 06-10-11 at 09:43 PM.
    06-10-11 09:41 PM
    Honestly, I have nothing against the BBM app... its the main reason i hung on to the abominable Storm2.

With iMessage things are looking up, but IF Rim were too make BBM cross platform, then its win win for me...
    06-10-11 09:57 PM
    I am undecided, but I am seriously considering the switch to iphone. I and my family have used only BBs for many, many years. One member of my family has already switched to iphone, and a second will do so when she's eligible for upgrade. I tried to stop her, but she was frustrated with BB. Since one of my family memembers no longer has BB, we've swithced to WhatsApp, which is cross-platform--- I've already lost the benefits of BBM. I am frustrated by the extreme drought in new apps, the unusable browser and RIM's flawed execution in bringing out new products. I know many on this forum say that we should wait and give RIM time to fix their strategy and products. But the competitors are moving forward at lightning speed, while RIM is plodding slowly. The gap is widening, not narrowing. The launch of Playbook is seriously flawed. You may or may not like the details of imessage, but it will have a huge user base. RIM may not have the resources to address the problems. RIM stock has been sliced in half in just the last couple of months. Investors seem to be losing confidence in RIM, and I am too.
    Last edited by AllanRosen; 06-12-11 at 10:10 AM.
    rollingrock1988 likes this.
    06-12-11 09:54 AM
    Nope,
    Because I am SURE! Apple will not have the same compression as RIM does meaning imessage will cost as much as liveprofile, or MSN, or yahoo which are all data hogs using upwards of 4MB per day each under moderate usage, too costly when traveling!

IF it was ONLY bbm I was staying for, iMessage would not be enough to get me to switch.
    Though there is a long list of other reasons I would not be going with Apple products

Data hog? You would have to send 800,000 LiveProfile messages to reach anywhere near 200MB. If you are sending pictures and videos then that's a different story.
    06-12-11 02:10 PM
    Data hog? You would have to send 800,000 LiveProfile messages to reach anywhere near 200MB. If you are sending pictures and videos then that's a different story.
    I think your math is a bit wrong, even bbm with 1kb per text message would use 780mb if it would send 800,000

Somehow I don't bebelive your math.

06-12-11 02:36 PM
    so 4000 messages per MB? or 4messages per KB? that is FAR from my user experience with 3rd party programs,

and DATA hog isn't based on 200MB, it is based on MB/day usage when paying from $1/MB to $4/MB to $12/MB of data,

LiveProfile and Wasapp seemed to use almost 4 times the data that BBM did while traveling,

in a world of large data packages that isn't an issue, but at the pay per MB it is.
    06-12-11 02:43 PM
168 ... 4567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD