View Poll Results: Will you switch platforms now?

Voters
189. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

33 17.46%
  • No

131 69.31%
  • Thinking about it now.

25 13.23%
    Never. Try this..

Start playing a song from the music player on your BB or Iphone..

While that's playing go to your File Manager, open, go to your sound/music folder and start playing another song..

Blackberry is so good at multitasking that you actually hear both song's coming out the speakers at the same time... no joke!

While that's playing maybe check facebook, send an email or whatever...

Till Iphone can do that I wont even consider the thought
    So this is a deal breaker for you because you need to be able to listen to two songs at the same time. :-/ Ummm mmkay...
    06-09-11 08:58 AM
    I don't use the 9000 anymore. I've been using iPhone since the 3gs. There is just no way I could go back to the BB... Only thing i miss is BBM simply because a number of my friends can't let go.
    Right, I thought you were only thinking of changing now. So you've been with iphone a couple of years now right? Why come here with such blackberry hate?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-11 09:17 AM
    So this is a deal breaker for you because you need to be able to listen to two songs at the same time. :-/ Ummm mmkay...
    Point was blackberry is quite a powerful multitasker for such low specs on paper.

06-09-11 09:21 AM
    Never. Try this..

Start playing a song from the music player on your BB or Iphone..

While that's playing go to your File Manager, open, go to your sound/music folder and start playing another song..

Blackberry is so good at multitasking that you actually hear both song's coming out the speakers at the same time... no joke!
    While that's playing maybe check facebook, send an email or whatever...

Till Iphone can do that I wont even consider the thought (even though I already know I'll never move cos BB will only get better).

BB is just way too good in so many way's in a simple package without all the unnecessary bells and whistles little kids crave.

Ya'll gotta be high or something thinking any sensible person would give up bullet proof functionality and reliability just so they can send a message to another Iphone fanboy for free. lol... thats some laughable shizzle my nizzles.

In case ya'll ain't heard... blackberry been doing that for years already.

Steve Blowjobs can blow me..
    LOL I really hope this was sarcastic. Anyone who chooses a phone over if it can play 2 songs at once obviously doesn't even need a smartphone in the first place. They have too much time on their hands.
    06-09-11 09:41 AM
    Point was blackberry is quite a powerful multitasker for such low specs on paper.

I think playing two songs at once shows that its more of a flawed OS than anything. Any other phone system would simply pause one and put on the other.

2 songs at once shows that it just doesnt work correctly, no?
    06-09-11 09:44 AM
    LOL I really hope this was sarcastic. Anyone who chooses a phone over if it can play 2 songs at once obviously doesn't even need a smartphone in the first place. They have too much time on their hands.
    See my response above, you also missed the point.

06-09-11 09:45 AM
    See my response above, you also missed the point.

See my response below, you also missed the point.
    06-09-11 09:53 AM
    Been there done that. I am not going back. I had the iphone 3g and 3gs. I wanted to give andoid a go but the battery life was awful (not much worse than my iphone though) and I exchanged it for a 8520 (yes a 8520) because I wanted to give BB a try and yes the browser wasn't all that great but that didn't matter because I fell in love with it. Battery life, messaging, the PHYSICAL KEYBOARD, and a decent line up of apps got me hocked. Also on a side note I am totally amped to get my hands on the new Bold!

06-09-11 09:54 AM
    I think playing two songs at once shows that its more of a flawed OS than anything. Any other phone system would simply pause one and put on the other.

2 songs at once shows that it just doesnt work correctly, no?
    Wrong, it shows how much you can multitask, you can toogle between them and pause them or play them individualy if you want.

Here's an example, I listen to music or a bodcast and at the same time browse the internet. Then I see a youtube link on crackberry, I follow the link and before I click on the video I quickly hit the pause button to pause the music, I watch the video and when it's over I press the pause/mute button at the top and my music resumes.

Easy and powerful multitasking. This is all done never exiting the browser.

Last edited by belfastdispatcher; 06-09-11 at 10:06 AM.
    06-09-11 09:59 AM
    Wrong, it shows how much you can multitask, you can toogle between them and pause them or play them individualy if you want.

"True" multitasking is playing 5 songs at once!!!!!
    06-09-11 10:01 AM
    "True" multitasking is playing 5 songs at once!!!!!
    I edited above to offer you an example.

06-09-11 10:05 AM
    I edited above to offer you an example.

Right, I understand how it works..

I just don't see how it is an example of powerful multitasking.
    06-09-11 10:07 AM
    Right, I understand how it works..

I just don't see how it is an example of powerful multitasking.
    Explain to me how you would achieve my example on an iphone or android, how many extra speps you would have to to. You must admit, as useful or usesless as it might be to you, it's not bad fur such a low spec device on paper.

06-09-11 10:11 AM
    Explain to me how you would achieve my example on an iphone or android, how many extra speps you would have to to. You must admit, as useful or usesless as it might be to you, it's not bad fur such a low spec device on paper.

I agree that it is a nice feature, considering the phone may be low spec on paper

The way I had originally read the post was that his phone could play 2 songs at the same time and that it might be a useful feature. But the way you explained it made it more practical.
    06-09-11 10:14 AM
    I agree that it is a nice feature, considering the phone may be low spec on paper

The way I had originally read the post was that his phone could play 2 songs at the same time and that it might be a useful feature. But the way you explained it made it more practical.
    Here's even better, I can pause the music, open the video, turn the volume off, play the music again and go back to the video. I now can view the video on mute while I listen to the music.

How's that for multitasking?

06-09-11 10:16 AM
    Here's even better, I can pause the music, open the video, turn the volume off, play the music again and go back to the video. I now can view the video on mute while I listen to the music.

How's that for multitasking?

When I think of mutlitasking, I think of more practical and work related uses, not media related. I don't care how many different videos and songs I can pause, then play, then pause.
    06-09-11 10:19 AM

Here's an example, I listen to music or a bodcast and at the same time browse the internet. Then I see a youtube link on crackberry, I follow the link and before I click on the video I quickly hit the pause button to pause the music, I watch the video and when it's over I press the pause/mute button at the top and my music resumes.

Easy and powerful multitasking. This is all done never exiting the browser.

On an iPhone you don't have to pause the music manually. The music fades out as the YouTube video begins. You do have to manually hit play again. But the iPod controls are already in the multitask bar.
    06-09-11 10:22 AM
    When I think of mutlitasking, I think of more practical and work related uses, not media related. I don't care how many different videos and songs I can pause, then play, then pause.
    I can open every single app in my 9700 and have them all running at the same time, it doesn't get anymore powerful then that, and play 2 songs if I want too. All on crappy specs and low power processor. I don't know what else can I say.

06-09-11 10:23 AM
    I can open every single app in my 9700 and have them all running at the same time, it doesn't get anymore powerful then that, and play 2 songs if I want too. All on crappy specs and low power processor. I don't know what else can I say.

No, no you cant

You will get the hour glass after about 3 apps, then be forced to do a battery pull and wait for 10 minutes.

Or, you can get the apps that pause and hold your place, then that will work.
    06-09-11 10:27 AM
    On an iPhone you don't have to pause the music manually. The music fades out as the YouTube video begins. You do have to manually hit play again. But the iPod controls are already in the multitask bar.
    I thought that might be the case and it's not that many extra steps but an iphone couldn't play the music while watching the video on mute.

06-09-11 10:28 AM
    No, no you cant

You will get the hour glass after about 3 apps, then be forced to do a battery pull and wait for 10 minutes.

Or, you can get the apps that pause and hold your place, then that will work.
    Actually the 9700 can easily do it, I did it once to prove to a mate and I forgot to close them. They stayed like that for hours without problems. Only when I started getting some lag trying to take photos and videos I realised I still had everything open.

06-09-11 10:31 AM
    You might think that was an unlikely scenario but remember when those leaked videos for the OS6.1 devices where the guy was talking in some Asian language?
    I was watching them and listening away at my podcast streamed via Bluetooth with the blackberry visor handfree to my car stereo.

Not driving by the way, just waiting in the car

06-09-11 10:38 AM

Don't be a fanboy mate... I clearly mentioned how that emphasized how good the BB was at multitasking using that example. It's obvious nobody would really want to listen to two songs at the same time. Having said that... maybe if connected to DJ turntables then i could literally do a mix as that's what happens on a laptop/PC is used. All I'll need to do is adjust might right and left headphones accordingly.

You just gotta love Blackberry..
    Last edited by BlackB_G; 06-09-11 at 11:05 AM.
    06-09-11 11:01 AM
    Don't be a fanboy mate... I clearly mentioned how that emphasized how good the BB was at multitasking using that example. It's obvious nobody would really want to listen to two songs at the same time. Having said that... maybe if connected to DJ turntables then i could literally do a mix as that's what happens on a laptop/PC is used. All I'll need to do is adjust might right and left headphones accordingly.

You just gotta love Blackberry..
    To be fair I think he now understands. I wouldn't call him a fanboy.

brucep1 likes this.
    06-09-11 11:12 AM
    Apple has these limitations for a reason. iPhone is a very powerful piece of equipment. Without limitations the battery drain would be huge. Why even try To argue such an erroneous topic!? Duh who cares
    06-09-11 11:39 AM
168 ... 34567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD