View Poll Results: Will you switch platforms now?

Voters
189. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

33 17.46%
  • No

131 69.31%
  • Thinking about it now.

25 13.23%
    I'm hopping board. . Bold touch simply isn't enough to keep me. Love the keyboards, but I really need my browser to be usable.
    06-08-11 04:18 PM
    I would consider it. I really don't like itunes so that would be a downside. Yes I use it for my ipod touch but I think it's a pain. I love so many things about my BB so it would be tough to leave. However, I also like a lot of things about the iPhone. I have friends with both, so I'll use bbm if I stick with my bb, and if I would go to iPhone I would probably use iMessage. As of right now I'm definitely leaning towards staying with BB and getting the 9900 when it comes out, but if the iPhone 5 is appealing enough, who knows.
    06-08-11 05:18 PM
    For me; no

The keyboard is what I need. Touch devices are fun, and I own a Dell Streak for that, but they are not ideal for my primary communication needs.
    06-08-11 06:55 PM
    1/3rd of users switching or thinking about switching, ON A BLACKBERRY FAN SITE, does not look good for RIM. Yikes.
    06-08-11 07:08 PM
    Nope.

Since I have an iPad3G I'll be able to get iMessage as well as keep BBM on my Blackberry device (hopefully the Bold Touch or Monaco by the time iMessage comes out...)
    06-08-11 07:22 PM
    1/3rd of users switching or thinking about switching, ON A BLACKBERRY FAN SITE, does not look good for RIM. Yikes.
    That would be 1/3 of people who voted, not necessarily even users of BBs. You can spin the stats a million ways. This thread has had over 2,400 views and only 24 people said they would switch... 1 percent... Hardly a scientific survey, I wouldn't quote the results as any sort of "fact"...
    06-08-11 07:31 PM
    I think Apple just jumped the shark.

"iMessage"??

What's next in this line? A phone keyboard called iType?
    06-08-11 07:59 PM
    nice cue apple.you had to take a page out of rim's book.you finally realized why bbm makes a difference.so there you go and come up with imessage.anyways,apple is going to sell a lot of iphone 5(4s) to all the apple fanboys out there.apple iphone is still the number one smartphone out there today.for me, imessage is not enough to switch.if rim keeps falling behind the competition in the future, apple will be an option for me.
    06-08-11 09:54 PM
    I used to be a hardcore BB user... absolutely hated Apple. I finally had enough of BB hardware and made the switch and would never look back. Once you get used to the touch keyboard and letting go of your precious bbm friends you will see the light. I thought I would regret my decision but trust me.... The grass IS greener over here. iMessage or not

RIP BOLD 9000

I hope RIM finally gets there head out of their ***... Things are looking grim.
    Last edited by brockley; 06-09-11 at 12:25 AM. Reason: PS
    06-09-11 12:19 AM
    Had an iphone 4 und converted to BB simply because it is so much more efficient! If I need apple apps I have an ipad. Ordered my playbook anyway.

A touch screen can never be as fast and time saving as an keyboard. Thats a fact. How many clicks does it need on an iphone to dial a number and how many on a bb. simple counting.

That is for me the biggest advantage over all the touch devices especially the iphone. The efficiency! Not the apps, not bbm.. Gettings your dayly things done extremely fast.

Iphone is very good as a time waster. Happy for all the people who have a lot of time..
    06-09-11 12:41 AM
    I used to be a hardcore BB user... absolutely hated Apple. I finally had enough of BB hardware and made the switch and would never look back. Once you get used to the touch keyboard and letting go of your precious bbm friends you will see the light. I thought I would regret my decision but trust me.... The grass IS greener over here. iMessage or not

RIP BOLD 9000

I hope RIM finally gets there head out of their ***... Things are looking grim.
    Seriously, you do realise the bold 9000 is almost 4 years old by now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-11 01:07 AM
    No. I will be switching platforms, but not because of imessage.

My 9700 is slow, the web browser can't handle 3 tabs without crashing, it crashes when I receive a text while browsing, etc etc. It's a ****ty OS thrown onto a ****ty piece of plastic.

I'm paying for a smartphone/BB data plan to use a useless phone. And what is RIM doing to fix their bold line? New icons, better browser, and NFC? WTF?! I'm supposed to stick around for that? The 9900 wont even get QNX, they're putting an OS on it that has already been surpassed... BY THEMSELVES. Also, you guys want NFC? The group who's always talking about security? You aren't worried about what could happen walking around with your credit card info available to anyone who can get close to you?

The new line of phones is disappointing. Yes the hardware is better than the current lineup, and yes the OS is still lacking. Sure, it has email, it makes phone calls and sends texts, it even has a jurassic web browser. So do feature phones, and they're quite a bit cheaper. Smart phones (and dumb phones I guess) keep getting smarter, RIM is hardly budging forward.
    Seems you would be hard pressed to be satisfied with anything.

I currently have 6.....yes 6 tabs open on the webkit browser and receive plenty of emails and or texts/BBM's and not once has it crashed on me.

So browser is what 5 seconds slower than an iPhone? I mean really come off your soapbox. People want speeds that are beyond imagination...

Speaking of crashing....go try that true and tested multi-tasking champ in the IPhooey, lawl! Worst POS ever in regards to just that...and yet you can't keep 3 tabs open in your browser? Either you are full of hot air or have a faulty phone or maybe I have the god of all BB's....either or...lol!

Sounds like their PR Marketing and cult like life takes another....

06-09-11 02:33 AM
    Seems you would be hard pressed to be satisfied with anything.

I currently have 6.....yes 6 tabs open on the webkit browser and receive plenty of emails and or texts/BBM's and not once has it crashed on me.

So browser is what 5 seconds slower than an iPhone? I mean really come off your soapbox. People want speeds that are beyond imagination...

Speaking of crashing....go try that true and tested multi-tasking champ in the IPhooey, lawl! Worst POS ever in regards to just that...and yet you can't keep 3 tabs open in your browser? Either you are full of hot air or have a faulty phone or maybe I have the god of all BB's....either or...lol!

Sounds like their PR Marketing and cult like life takes another....

OS6 browser only crashes on big webpager IF you have javascript turned on. With javascript turned off it never ever chashes.

06-09-11 02:54 AM
    Looks like the OS6 browser can open 15 tabs, I never thought of trying it before.

06-09-11 03:21 AM
    Never. Try this..

Start playing a song from the music player on your BB or Iphone..

While that's playing go to your File Manager, open, go to your sound/music folder and start playing another song..

Blackberry is so good at multitasking that you actually hear both song's coming out the speakers at the same time... no joke!

While that's playing maybe check facebook, send an email or whatever...

Till Iphone can do that I wont even consider the thought (even though I already know I'll never move cos BB will only get better).

BB is just way too good in so many way's in a simple package without all the unnecessary bells and whistles little kids crave.

Ya'll gotta be high or something thinking any sensible person would give up bullet proof functionality and reliability just so they can send a message to another Iphone fanboy for free. lol... thats some laughable shizzle my nizzles.

In case ya'll ain't heard... blackberry been doing that for years already.

Steve Blowjobs can blow me..
    Last edited by BlackB_G; 06-09-11 at 04:41 AM.
    06-09-11 03:54 AM
    Never. Try this..

Start playing a song from the music player on your BB or Iphone..

While that's playing go to your File Manager, open, go to your sound/music folder and start playing another song..

Blackberry is so good at multitasking that you actually hear both song's coming out the speakers at the same time... no joke!

While that's playing maybe check facebook, send an email or whatever...

Till Iphone can do that I wont even consider the thought (even though I already know I'll never move cos BB will only get better).

BB is just way too good.

Steve Blowjobs can blow me..
    Lol, yes, the same happens when you play a song and watch a youtube video. No crashing.

06-09-11 04:02 AM
    Seriously, you do realise the bold 9000 is almost 4 years old by now.

I've used the new hardware. I have a few friends on new bb hardware. I've tried it... doesn't impress me in the least.
    06-09-11 07:56 AM
    That would be 1/3 of people who voted, not necessarily even users of BBs. You can spin the stats a million ways. This thread has had over 2,400 views and only 24 people said they would switch... 1 percent... Hardly a scientific survey, I wouldn't quote the results as any sort of "fact"...
    Do you read the news? nuff said...
    06-09-11 08:00 AM
    I've used the new hardware. I have a few friends on new bb hardware. I've tried it... doesn't impress me in the least.
    Can you tell me why did you keep your bold 9000 for so long? Must've been something, you might wanna look at the new 9900 before you make any decisions.
    06-09-11 08:03 AM
    No. Apple would have to:

1. Offer a great physical QWERTY keyboard.
    2. Open up the platform and allow installations of apps outside of iTunes.

Then I would consider it.
    huh??
    1. physical keyboard is never going to happen. Trust me... when i switched it was a pain point. Give it time and you will be juuust fine my friend. If my friends 6 year old can do it.. so can you.

2. I'm not sure if I'm not understanding you correctly but you CAN and always have been able to install apps outside of iTunes. I hardly use iTunes and the great thing about this new iOS5 is that it is much more independent of iTunes which I can agree sucks ***.
    06-09-11 08:05 AM
    To the OP original question the answer is NO.. I will leave BB when its no longer available, when I don't have a choice and when nothing supports BB....

I agree. One of the biggest problems is developers put next to zero effort in creating polished apps for the BB. It's all about the apps... you wouldn't know that until you had an iPhone for a while.
    06-09-11 08:08 AM
    Had an iphone 4 und converted to BB simply because it is so much more efficient! If I need apple apps I have an ipad. Ordered my playbook anyway.

A touch screen can never be as fast and time saving as an keyboard. Thats a fact. How many clicks does it need on an iphone to dial a number and how many on a bb. simple counting.

That is for me the biggest advantage over all the touch devices especially the iphone. The efficiency! Not the apps, not bbm.. Gettings your dayly things done extremely fast.

Iphone is very good as a time waster. Happy for all the people who have a lot of time..

Take a peek on youtube. Some of the fastest mobile typers are on Android and iPhone.
    And what do you mean by efficiency? Elaborate.
    06-09-11 08:17 AM
    Can you tell me why did you keep your bold 9000 for so long? Must've been something, you might wanna look at the new 9900 before you make any decisions.
    I don't use the 9000 anymore. I've been using iPhone since the 3gs. There is just no way I could go back to the BB... Only thing i miss is BBM simply because a number of my friends can't let go.
    06-09-11 08:23 AM
    I have both a Blackberry and an Iphone, i believe my BB is more stable than the Iphone but the Internet experience on the Iphone is much better. As for BBM , I use it bcs most of my family around the world use Blackberry's. I believe my Iphone is more of a toy than a phone, my kids use it 90% of the time and I get 10% only. No substitute for BBM.
    Perhaps thats because your kids are more technical then you are?? lol Jk. ... Maybe..
    06-09-11 08:28 AM
    That is my primary use for a phone,

So clearly it is my reaction, I see nothing wrong with it, you can have your beatnik reaction, I'll have my suit and tie reaction
    Beatnik?? lol. How old are you??... k wait... hahaha.. I had to look this up. The following is a definition from Urban Dictionary:

cool 50's youth culture. Wore berets and polo necks. Hung out in coffee shops playing bongos and reciting poetry and experimenting with marijuana.Pre-dates the hippie movement by about 10-15 years.
    06-09-11 08:41 AM
168 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD