I have a data plan with 500MB of data and when I bought the phone the sales guy said I would never go over, so why are there 1 and 2 GB plans? I occasionally email, I use the internet daily and I rarely stream videos. Is it actually possible for me to go over my limit? Thanks.
    06-22-09 11:35 AM
    I have a data plan with 500MB of data and when I bought the phone the sales guy said I would never go over, so why are there 1 and 2 GB plans? I occasionally email, I use the internet daily and I rarely stream videos. Is it actually possible for me to go over my limit? Thanks.
    Probably not with the usage you listed...check out the thread "What's your Data Usage" and compare other members usage.
    06-22-09 11:37 AM
    The sales guy knows your usage trends? Haha don't listen to him. You would have to be a pretty heavy daily user to go over that limit. Like receiving large emails and streaming a lot of video and constantly using the web daily. If you don't you'll be fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-09 11:40 AM
    Thanks very much, I appreciate the help.
    06-22-09 11:41 AM
    Good. That saves me asking the same question. Thanks.
    06-22-09 11:44 AM
    Well, here's what my data usage looks like per month... and hopefully this will give you a better idea what you'll be using

-I have 2 email accounts linked to my Berry. One for work, and one personal. After filters, about 20-30 emails hit my phone on a daily basis. Nothing too heavy in HTML.

-Internet. I typically use the facebook app a few times a day from the berry, and browse two, MAYBE three sites a day.

At this point, I was using about 17-25MB a month. That's basically next to nothing. So, if you're using a little more than that..., you should be just fine with 500MB.

Now... just for fun...

I started using Slacker Radio about a few weeks ago. I use it 5 days a week, 6-7hrs a day. Yeah... my data usage shot up to 1.8GB

So, if you're not religiously streaming audio/video, you'll be fine.
    06-22-09 11:57 AM
    I am currently at 32MB of data transfer and I've been using my BB for a little under a week. I guess I just do a ton of stuff on it though...

Me being new to BB probably has something to do with it also though.
    06-22-09 12:18 PM
    I use about 1 GB of data a month but I'm always listening to internet radio and I tether everyday.

when I didn't tether, I used about 300 MB a month or less.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-09 01:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD