I came across Crackberry.com by mistake but am glad that I did, I have been reading lots about the Blackberry Storm as that is the phone that I am waiting to be released into Canada. However I am a little afraid to get the Blackberry storm after reading all the problems the people are having. I guess I am looking to hear from people the Pro's and Con's of the phone. Will I be disappointed? I know you cant answer that but you can tell me if you are.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-08 11:45 AM
    I'm in the same boat. With the Storm's release in less than a week and there being so many less than enthusiastic reviews I'm beginning to wonder if perhaps I should wait till the CDMA version of the Bold comes out.

Typing is one thing but a laggy UI and your cheek activating the screen whenever you talk on the phone are definite issues for me as well.
    11-29-08 11:52 AM
    I came across Crackberry.com by mistake but am glad that I did, I have been reading lots about the Blackberry Storm as that is the phone that I am waiting to be released into Canada. However I am a little afraid to get the Blackberry storm after reading all the problems the people are having. I guess I am looking to hear from people the Pro's and Con's of the phone. Will I be disappointed? I know you cant answer that but you can tell me if you are.
    If it were me, I'd wait until I could get my hands on one. In the mean time, make a list of all the things people are saying about the Storm. Then sort that list by what you think might be important to you. Once you are actually able to get one in your hands, play with it, using your list as a guide to see if the Pros out way the Cons for you. Learn from those that have Storms, how to tweak settings for typing, menu/app, task switching, etc. to help make your adjustment smoother/faster.

If your carrier allows for a test drive, take advantage of it and give the Storm a weekend/week trial. A week should give you a good idea if you are going to keep the Storm.

Oh yeah and Welcome to Crackberry!
    Last edited by BlkBear; 11-29-08 at 12:13 PM.
    11-29-08 11:59 AM
    I'm in the same boat. With the Storm's release in less than a week and there being so many less than enthusiastic reviews I'm beginning to wonder if perhaps I should wait till the CDMA version of the Bold comes out.

Typing is one thing but a laggy UI and your cheek activating the screen whenever you talk on the phone are definite issues for me as well.
    Before I forget, Welcome to Crackberry....

Hummmm... I like the idea of the proximity sensor, at least from what I have read about it's function. I like the fact that it allows the phone to shut the screen off when you put the phone up to your face and then turning it back on when you remove the phone from your face. Seems like a good idea for battery life for all those that will not be using blue tooth or wired headsets.

From what you have read about the proximity sensor, does it seem like it's not working as it's suppose to? As far as the UI, I wonder if a few tweaks here and there won't take care of that? I suppose we'll see as time goes on, if there are user tweaks that can take care of some things, or if an OS update will make tings snappier for people.
    11-29-08 12:12 PM
    I herd that the Storm does not shut off the screen when you raise it to your head to talk. Someone will correct me if I am wrong.

I just found out that Bell is asking a whopping $280 + 3 year contract for the Storm. Which seems odd since the Storm has had mixed reviews so far and that the phone is competing against the $199 + 3yr contract iPhone and Bold from Rogers.
    11-29-08 01:22 PM
    Before I forget, Welcome to Crackberry....

Hummmm... I like the idea of the proximity sensor, at least from what I have read about it's function. I like the fact that it allows the phone to shut the screen off when you put the phone up to your face and then turning it back on when you remove the phone from your face. Seems like a good idea for battery life for all those that will not be using blue tooth or wired headsets.

From what you have read about the proximity sensor, does it seem like it's not working as it's suppose to? As far as the UI, I wonder if a few tweaks here and there won't take care of that? I suppose we'll see as time goes on, if there are user tweaks that can take care of some things, or if an OS update will make tings snappier for people.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Thank you.

I think that it will be an awsome phone +. I am used to changing my phone atleast once a year. I am hoping that this will be the one that lasts for me. I guess the iphone had its flaws at first too. Maybe all the flaws are being ironed out before it comes to Canada. I can only hope.

Thanks again.
    12-01-08 03:33 PM
    I don't think you will be disappointed at all. I for one am impressed by the offerings of the device, and look forward to the improvements in future software updates.

The virtual keyboard takes some getting used to, but it is a terrific feature. Other than that, it functions like any other BB. The GPS and Virtual Voice Mail are decent, but memory hogs in my opinion.

With so many options, I think you will find the apps that appeal to you and you will become an addict like the rest of us.
    12-01-08 06:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD