I've heard that Face10 will be affected by the same outcome of BlackBerry native facebook app and stop working at the end of the month. I have also heard that Face10 is based on a reversed engineered android api which would suggest it would continue to work after March.

So which is it and does anyone have any real idea of the fate of Face10? Is it going to go down with the native app and shutdown at the end of the month or is it unaffected by this.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-16 09:41 AM
    It should be fine
    03-18-16 10:22 AM
    Nemory should comment on this. My guess is his app will continue to work.
    03-18-16 10:23 AM
    Noticed Nemory put up a store page when I logged in to Face10 yesterday. It says "The only native Facebook app for BlackBerry 10" which would lead me to believe he's got it covered.

Would be nice if he'd check into Crackberry with an update though. Set our paranoid minds to rest.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-16 10:36 AM
    Face10 runs off of hacked official private api's, so it should be fine. The reason that Facebook for BlackBerry is losing support is because Facebook is not providing the api's to BlackBerry anymore, and BlackBerry can't get away with hacking them as a third party developer can.

Posted via CB10
    Just Me likes this.
    03-18-16 11:01 AM
    Face10 runs off of hacked official private api's, so it should be fine. The reason that Facebook for BlackBerry is losing support is because Facebook is not providing the api's to BlackBerry anymore, and BlackBerry can't get away with hacking them as a third party developer can.

Posted via CB10
    It that type of "hacking" of API's against BlackBerry World rules?
    What's the legality of it?

 Passport/SQW100-3 .2876 CB10 
    03-18-16 12:14 PM
    It may continue to work after March 31, but it definitely could stop working at any time with no notice.
    03-18-16 12:26 PM

Well, I don't think BlackBerry would act unless Facebook reported it.
    There was a case from WhatsApp a while ago, App stores across platforms where asked to remove 'WhatsApp Killer' Apps (killed the background process), which where all allowed until the removal requests.
    jope28 likes this.
    03-18-16 12:35 PM

Just because BlackBerry can't get away with it, doesn't mean that a third party developer can't. All of Nemory's apps are using hacked api's. That's why he can't use the official app names.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-16 10:19 PM
    Just because BlackBerry can't get away with it, doesn't mean that a third party developer can't. All of Nemory's apps are using hacked api's. That's why he can't use the official app names.

Posted via CB10
    How is his Snapchat app working...

It just depends on how far the Developer is willing to go to protect his apps, and his customers.
    03-19-16 08:32 AM
    Nemory's silence is deafening. But if it is because he's using "hacked" API's then perhaps this is why he's not saying anything.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-16 08:36 AM
    It just depends on how far the Developer is willing to go to protect his apps, and his customers.
    Or how much more money he can squeeze out of them; in some cases.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-16 01:28 PM
    Just a note: Nemory Studios Inst10 app says it was developed using Instagram API. The Face10 app makes no mention of it (Native Cascades). There may be a workaround on this but I believe Facebook still owns Instagram. I really hope this isn't a trend.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-16 11:58 PM
    How is his Snapchat app working...

Nemory's SnapChat app stopped working because SnapChat started actively blocking third party apps, and they tried taking legal action against him, which resulted in him having to take the app down. So long as Facebook doesn't start doing the same thing, it should be fine.

Posted via CB10
    app_Developer likes this.
    03-22-16 09:19 AM
    Nemory's silence is deafening. But if it is because he's using "hacked" API's then perhaps this is why he's not saying anything.

Posted via CB10
    Nemory has never denied using hacked api's. He's probably just busy doing more hacking, so as to give us a better experience.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-16 09:21 AM
    Just a note: Nemory Studios Inst10 app says it was developed using Instagram API. The Face10 app makes no mention of it (Native Cascades). There may be a workaround on this but I believe Facebook still owns Instagram. I really hope this isn't a trend.

Posted via CB10
    Inst10 is using Instagram api's. Hacked Instagram api's. Just like Face10. His Messenger app used to use hacked api's too, until they changed the api's and he wasn't able to hack them. This to may change in time. In the meantime, he's given us a functional option, which is more than I can say for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-16 09:26 AM
    Or how much more money he can squeeze out of them; in some cases.

Posted via CB10
    I'd rather give my money to a guy who's actually dedicated to supporting his apps, than to some big corporation like BlackBerry, that obviously couldn't give a f**k!

Posted via CB10
    RezzaBuh and acovey like this.
    03-22-16 09:29 AM
    Nemory's SnapChat app stopped working because SnapChat started actively blocking third party apps, and they tried taking legal action against him, which resulted in him having to take the app down. So long as Facebook doesn't start doing the same thing, it should be fine.

Posted via CB10
    That was my point, if the content and app owner wants too, they can make it very hard for these third party apps of apps developers - and the users that decide to install those apps.

Existing BB10 user will just have to deal with whatever changes come about over the life of their device. I think anyone considering a new BB10 device should really take a step back and consider that things will only go downhill from here.
    03-22-16 09:33 AM
    It may continue to work after March 31, but it definitely could stop working at any time with no notice.
    Wow, this is deep! Great input.

Posted via CB10
    Just Me likes this.
    03-22-16 09:40 AM
    Same could be said about BlackBerry.
    Just Me likes this.
    03-22-16 10:33 AM
    I'd rather give my money to a guy who's actually dedicated to supporting his apps, than to some big corporation like BlackBerry, that obviously couldn't give a f**k!

Posted via CB10
    You can tell yourself whatever it is that helps you sleep better at night.

Posted via CB10
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    03-23-16 04:32 AM
    I think Face10 will stop working at the end of March? I do hope I'm wrong.

Rocking the awesome Z30,Q10 and the super awesome passport.
    03-26-16 07:13 PM
    Let's wait and see. April 1, will be the day...
    - is Face10 working?
    - How many Priv sold?
    - Whats the future of Blackberry?
    03-26-16 08:44 PM
    I think Face10 will stop working at the end of March? I do hope I'm wrong.

Rocking the awesome Z30,Q10 and the super awesome passport.
    Whether Face10 continues to work or not depends on Nemory's ability to continue hacking api's. Face10 is not bound by the same api restrictions that Facebook for BlackBerry 10 is. BlackBerry couldn't get away with hacking api's.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-16 07:18 PM
    Had to delete F10. I found everything lagging and slowing down. The moment I deleted the app, the device was fine again. F5 and Fmini are decent for what they are - web app with some cascade overlay.

RedBerry Passport /10.3.2.2876 / Telus
    03-27-16 08:07 PM
33 12