Went to Verizon store today to replace our 8830 with Tours. Salesman thinks that there is a possibility that BB may break with a downloadable BB messenger that can be used on other devices.

Anyone heard any rumors on this?
    10-29-09 08:03 PM
    Wait, what? Did you get the Tours or not? If you went to get a different BB, why the question? If you got the tour and want the newest BBM 5.0.0.33 then direct your Tour's browser to blackberry.com/blackberrymessenger to get it. If you left BB, you also left the messenger. BBM is a BB data service that is PIN associated and as such, it will never be released for non BB devices. If it were possible, it would probably already be a paid app for devices like iPhone and Droid and Windows Mobile, etc.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-09 10:01 PM
    I believe a PIN # is required for bbm, and obviously if its not on a bb, I doubt bbm is possible on anything else.

10-29-09 10:33 PM
    Now why would RIM make BBM accesible for non BB devices? Then it would just be yet another IM Client. It just don't make sense. BBM is just for BB's and will stay that way, as it should. Keep in mind you were talking with a salesman, probably was just gaining your confidence. Trust me, i should now being a salesman.

10-30-09 04:35 PM
    there is blackberry connect for WM devices but it has no BBM just the email client
    10-30-09 05:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD