So I am obviously not a developer but what happens to developers for BB10? Will they get restless as some people will over the next how ever many months it is until we see BB10, and stop developing apps for the OS. Or is this okay as it gives them more time? .. I really hope they keep developing because without good apps the arrival of BB10 won't mean much anyways.
    06-28-12 10:31 PM
    At this point we know that WP8 will ship before BB10. We didn't know that before. So it would make sense to focus on WP8 (or Win 8 or JB if you're building a tablet app) first.

Then if/when BB10 comes around next year, we look at that. But Microsoft is now contestant #3 at least for the rest of 2012. It's only June, I don't believe there is any sense in even thinking about BB10 again until Christmas time.
    06-28-12 10:43 PM
    In the past I usually port my successful iOS and Android apps over to BlackBerry 6 months or so after I have released them on competing platforms. BlackBerry apps makes up about... 10 - 15% of the total money I make from writing apps. I do not plan on writing any BB 10 apps or porting any of my apps to BB 10 until I see it's success.

My peers do not usually port their apps to BlackBerry and have shown 0 excitement for BB 10 but appear to be hyped for Windows 8.
    06-28-12 11:18 PM
    Why should they wait about 9 months for their apps to be used :/

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using CrackBerry forums application
    06-29-12 03:01 AM
    Developers should cut their losses and port their apps over to a device that's actually available (or will be very soon). I feel sorry for developers who've been lied to and strung along by RIM. Developing for BB10 is like leaving milk and cookies out for Santa - going out of your way for something that doesn't exist.
    06-29-12 04:50 AM
    I just finished my first app for BB10. See my post here: http://forums.crackberry.com/general...roblem-732454/

I personally won't lose faith. I still believe in RIM. And I love my BB too much to give up on it now. Anyway, it's just another few months of waiting.

At least this gives me time to complete my second app, which is 10 times larger than my first...
    06-29-12 04:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD