4 10.53%
  • Naw !!! - Not Going to Happen

25 65.79%
  • Kevin Already Works @ RIM

5 13.16%
  • Who's CrackBerry Kevin ???

4 10.53%
    Just interested to know what other people think

As we all know CrackBerry Kevin is maybe RIMS Biggest Spokes Person I think without a Doubt he has lead millions of people to a BlackBerry Device,.. But do you think this will one day lead him to RIM ??

Maybe they Have offered him some sort of JOB in Marketing or R&D, which he has turned down for whatever reason, but do you think Kevin will ever end up Official Working for RIM ??

What say's you ??

And if Kevin has made a post addressing this already, can you please point me to it
    09-02-11 09:55 AM
    I think he is happy where he is at

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-11 10:01 AM
    They never will offer Kevin a job because if Kevin does take it he will be in a different league. He will not only publicize the device but he would be locked to BB. Android and iPhone fanboys/girls will not trust him anymore because he is an employee. Right now its his views and opinions. Tomorrow it can be locked to BB! Think about it!

09-02-11 10:02 AM
    They never will offer Kevin a job because if Kevin does take it he will be in a different league. He will not only publicize the device but he would be locked to BB. Android and iPhone fanboys/girls will not trust him anymore because he is an employee. Right now its his views and opinions. Tomorrow it can be locked to BB! Think about it!

I'm guessing they must have offered him some kind of Job in the past which he turned down for the reason you highlighted..

But then again,.. Kevin is 100% BlackBerry, not that he's Biased [Well maybe a little lol] But his roots are Firmly planted,.. I mean he can Focus on BB's while the rest of his team cover other devices,.. win win...
    09-02-11 10:06 AM
    Yep that's the reason. Do you trust sales rep about how good a product is or do you ask your friends or family how good the product is? Think about that and then reply... Totally make you wanna take away the question

09-02-11 10:11 AM
    Yep that's the reason. Do you trust sales rep about how good a product is or do you ask your friends or family how good the product is? Think about that and then reply... Totally make you wanna take away the question

Yeah, But he all know Kevin's Reputation,.. He wont be the Average RIM Sales Rep lol ... He'll be like a Cow Selling Milk that loves to Drink water and eat grass..
    09-02-11 10:30 AM
    Crackberry is his full time job....& it looks like he love it.
    Last edited by RoseBud68; 09-02-11 at 03:36 PM.
    09-02-11 10:46 AM
    Now way he'll do it, Kevin is the blogging/media/marketing machine and mind Crackberry needs. Just look at every other online smartphone outlet. They are amateurish and small-time compared to crackberry...despite iphone's and android's popularity, nothing compares.

Crackberry just takes it to the next level in quality, resources, look & feel, scope, objectivity and organization. Kevin's focus on a comprehensive blackberry experience at Crackberry is right on the money. This is a rare talent and is not to be restricted by a large corporation.

Seriously, well done Kevin. You would have large shoes to fill if you ever did leave.
    09-02-11 10:57 AM
    Yes! Its true but that's one of the reason and he's been doing this BB publicity for years now! I'm pretty sure RIM doesn't want him because that will lock him up!

09-02-11 11:02 AM
    I don't think so. Doesn't he use and like all devices? Or at least some of them?
    09-02-11 11:12 AM
    I answered Who's CrackBerry Kevin? Anyone remember this thread, from back in the day.........

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...60/index3.html or this .......

Iceman likes this.
    09-02-11 11:28 AM
    I would be interested to know if CrackBerry is monetized and, if so, how. Also, how does ShopCrackBerry fit into the equation?

09-02-11 02:15 PM
    I would be interested to know if CrackBerry is monetized and, if so, how. Also, how does ShopCrackBerry fit into the equation?

Yes it's Monetized ..
    09-02-11 02:35 PM
    Yes it's Monetized ..
    I would think so. (I mean, I see the ads, but is that it?)

Last edited by T�nis; 09-02-11 at 02:43 PM.
    09-02-11 02:39 PM
    OMG.....I want one of those T-shirts....two!!!! One HUGE one to sleep in and one my regular size.....
    09-02-11 02:43 PM
    Wow I think you have an issue. Don't you want the girl to sleep with ha ha

09-02-11 04:14 PM
    I think if he would lose alot more then gain if he made a move to the cooperate environment. A cooperate structure doesn't allow for some of the freedoms he has now.
    09-02-11 04:35 PM
    I answered Who's CrackBerry Kevin? Anyone remember this thread, from back in the day.........

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...60/index3.html or this .......

I remember it PK! Ice is back man!!
    09-02-11 04:39 PM
    I don't see it unless the money is right. When you go to a public company, there is one ultimate goal; make profits for the shareholders. I see Kevin as an enthusiast first and much of the freedoms with running CB would go away immediately. Things like getting permission to speak to the media, asking a direct supervisor for vacation time, etc. just don't seem like Kevin's MO. But, money talks, and you could not blame anyone for wanting to increase their standard of living and being able to provide more for family.
    09-02-11 04:45 PM
    After reading the stories of the 'RIM employees' and how conservative the atmosphere is at RIM, I think they won't hire Kevin.

He's too upright, he's critical about stuff and schedules and someone with such a profile doesn't fit at RIM.
    09-02-11 05:55 PM
    After reading the stories of the 'RIM employees' and how conservative the atmosphere is at RIM, I think they won't hire Kevin.

He's too upright, he's critical about stuff and schedules and someone with such a profile doesn't fit at RIM.
    Hmmmmmmmmm

09-02-11 07:26 PM
    Wow I think you have an issue. Don't you want the girl to sleep with ha ha

Well....um...no....
    09-02-11 08:23 PM
    as much as i know kevin would do great things at rim,he is better off here with his creation.crackberry is better off keeping its founder.cb's growth is greatly due kevin's hard work.cb has been my main site for smartphone news and needs since 2008.
    javieraua likes this.
    09-02-11 08:29 PM
    CB is what he will stick to..... For life!
    09-02-11 08:48 PM
    CB's existence depends greatly on RIM's Existence
    09-02-11 08:51 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD