11-25-13 01:23 AM
    This was evidently written by someone who had a malfunctioning and slow BlackBerry 8520, and honestly, harsh article, hopefully BlackBerry will stay alive.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-13 01:34 AM
    Sponsored article

Posted via CB10
    11-25-13 01:37 AM
    Not clicking.

It's Fox. When are they right, ever?

Posted via CB10
    11-25-13 07:42 AM
    I don't do Fox.

Posted via the Super BlackBerry Z10
    SK122387 likes this.
    11-25-13 08:09 AM
    How that whacky pair of BlackBerry (BBRY) co-founders from Waterloo – Mike Lazaridis and Jim Balsillie – thought that, just because they built a multi-billion dollar business off a bunch of executives, VCs, and investment bankers with flexible thumbs, they could just sit on their laurels, never do another innovative thing as long as they lived, and the big fat checks would just keep coming in.

So when Apple showed up to the party with their cool little iPhone and its awesome multi-touch display, virtual keyboard, web browser, and third-party apps, these guys just naturally figured none of that would ever catch on and they had nothing to worry about. Ditto with Android, the iPad, and all their subsequent iterations.

It took BlackBerry’s co-CEOs years to get up off their you-know-whats and begin developing a feeble competitor that, when it finally launched, was generations behind Apple and Google. It’s as if the Canadians had never heard Wayne Gretsky’s famous quote, “I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been.”

And how about all the years the company’s founders and their Kool-Aid drinking disciple, Thorsten Heins, squandered since 2007 when, even if they had no competitive intelligence about what was coming at them, at least by then they could see millions of users waiting in long lines to get their hands on the new devices that made their CrackBerrys look like ancient technology.
    Nasty..... yes. But pretty much covered why we are where we are.
    11-25-13 08:13 AM
    I have to admit, this is not BS entirely.
    11-25-13 08:27 AM
    And the US conspiracy continues by the media....

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30.
    johnm137 likes this.
    11-25-13 08:35 AM
    Not clicking.

It's Fox. When are they right, ever?

Posted via CB10
    You mean faux news.

sent from my galaxy note 3
    11-25-13 08:36 AM
    Well he's technically speaking the truth (although at a aggressive manner), but I don't agree when he says that the new competitor OS (BB10) is generations behind iOS/Android. Sure it's missing some features, but they are coming at fast speed

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and sickyute like this.
    11-25-13 08:39 AM
    It's not nasty. Sadly, it's true. Natural selection and social Darwinism apply to the business world as well. It's capitalism. Why should a company that has no clue what a consumer wants survive? It won't. BlackBerry/RIM sat in it's @ss for years all while watching other companies innovate before they tried to catch up. And they did a miserable job at that. It's the consumers who decide is BlackBerry survive and clearly they don't deserve to because they don't make what the consumer wants. If they made a product that fits the needs of the consumer it would be a completely different story...but it's not.
    11-25-13 10:15 AM

Will you quit screaming conspiracy? It in no way is a conspiracy. BlackBerry has NO CLUE what consumers want. Therefore, consumers don't want their products. Plain and simple. According to you, carriers, the media, the government, and the people are all in on the conspiracy. That's ridiculous.
    shaleem, Bsbudd, Saiga and 11 others like this.
    11-25-13 10:21 AM

Oh please....

Posted via CB10
    shaleem, gogurt48 and LMZR like this.
    11-25-13 10:28 AM
    I read this the other day, it's a little behind in the news, doesn't mention any cuts or the FFH deal with Chen. IMO, it outlines good points, but it's not very current.
    11-25-13 10:46 AM
    Doesn't need to be current. Just needs to generate click-through revenue.

It's not wrong, factually. Sadly, the best way on the net to get eyeballs on something (and thus generate revenue) is to be acerbic. Don't blame the author. Blame humanity.
    11-25-13 10:53 AM
    Obviously on someone's payroll...

Posted via CB10 - Z30 - 10.2.1.1055
    11-25-13 10:54 AM

Get real!!
    TgeekB, Saiga, MERCDROID and 3 others like this.
    11-25-13 10:59 AM
    While the story is true about how BlackBerry got where they are, and that BlackBerry is on the brink of death is also true. It seems that the story has already been told. Don't understand why they are regurgitating the story now. Seems sort of like something that was posted at this time last year - not much new info.
    pmccartney likes this.
    11-25-13 11:03 AM
    It's not nasty. Sadly, it's true. Natural selection and social Darwinism apply to the business world as well. It's capitalism. Why should a company that has no clue what a consumer wants survive? It won't. BlackBerry/RIM sat in it's @ss for years all while watching other companies innovate before they tried to catch up. And they did a miserable job at that. It's the consumers who decide is BlackBerry survive and clearly they don't deserve to because they don't make what the consumer wants. If they made a product that fits the needs of the consumer it would be a completely different story...but it's not.
    Social Darwinism never applies. The implicit conclusion "BlackBerry deserves to die" ignores the reality BlackBerry hasn't died, and tacitly suggests everyone who believes in the capitalist fairy tale of success and failure as a life and death struggle has a moral obligation to kill the weak. I suppose most analysts laud themselves as civilized because they don't descend on Waterloo en masse and murder the inhabitants. Hooray progress.

She It Holmes
    11-25-13 12:12 PM
    Fox lost credibility long time ago.
    SK122387 likes this.
    11-25-13 12:16 PM
    Hi all. Just now I was reading articles of replacement in BlackBerry authority. My mind raced high and I remembered USA carriers not marketing well of BlackBerry. I guess the reason might be of NSA. As we r aware that all carriers need to give data to NSA but it's hard to crack BlackBerry phones. Hence, govt Might have ordered secretly to don't market BlackBerry to customers. As we noticed that Germany had ordered thousands of phones by basing on the security of BlackBerry phones. So spoofing might be biggest reason to prevent BlackBerry sales by govt., or carriers must have thought it is hard to tap data of BlackBerry users so let's stop it.
    As the spoofing of data of customers is for surely going on. Hence, USA carriers might be stepping back from selling BlackBerry phones. Even though I'd seen a OP saying about Z30 at Verizon stores along with a demo piece but with no advertising of them. As many people never knew whether they are being tracked by govt or not it's like citizen is left out with a radar on him/her.

I'm not sure whether this is reason of no marketing at USA carrier stores, as one easily point it out. Where most of tech companies r located in USA hence every magazine point outs easily that BlackBerry isn't doing well. It's like they are just damaging BlackBerry physically and employees emotionally by pointing a finger even though it's minor.
    Thanks for gng thru this, if u really did. I'm standing by the side of a consumer now.
    Hope the those carriers speak of why they aren't marketing BlackBerry's. If not this might be reason....!

Posted via CB10
    jupiter8 likes this.
    11-25-13 12:36 PM
    I read this the other day, it's a little behind in the news, doesn't mention any cuts or the FFH deal with Chen. IMO, it outlines good points, but it's not very current.
    I kind of disagree as when I read the line below I thought they were addressing those things. Getting lean, shoring up it's financial position and definitely replacing the amiable but essentially ineffective Mr Heins with someone with a better pedigree / background were things that should have been done well before this. But then again, you know what they say about hindsight

If it did, it wouldn’t have waited so long to do what everyone with a clue knew had to be done – quit living in denial, admit the company’s in trouble, and bring in someone who knows what he’s doing to try and fix the company
    MERCDROID likes this.
    11-25-13 12:46 PM
    I can't deny much of this article is true but what makes this guy judge & juror to proclaim BlackBerry doesn't deserve another chance?? Get over yourself !! In typical fox fashion they're writing about a 'news' story from the past of BlackBerry & nothing of what's currently happening to right the wrongs. Zero mention of new products & the fastest developing mobile OS platform on the planet, not to mention the guy (Frank Boulben) who almost single handedly ruined the launch of BB10 was just shown the door. A seasoned tech turn-around artist has just been given the reigns.
    I've said it before, if you're reading or watching fox for your news... you're ill informed. Just like the half wits that work there! They would never EVER write or broadcast ANYTHING about BB that we, in the forum, wouldn't already know. You'd be more informed reading a national enquirer from a couple of yrs ago!
    11-25-13 01:28 PM
    Hi all. Just now I was reading articles of replacement in BlackBerry authority. My mind raced high and I remembered USA carriers not marketing well of BlackBerry. I guess the reason might be of NSA. As we r aware that all carriers need to give data to NSA but it's hard to crack BlackBerry phones. Hence, govt Might have ordered secretly to don't market BlackBerry to customers. As we noticed that Germany had ordered thousands of phones by basing on the security of BlackBerry phones. So spoofing might be biggest reason to prevent BlackBerry sales by govt., or carriers must have thought it is hard to tap data of BlackBerry users so let's stop it.
    As the spoofing of data of customers is for surely going on. Hence, USA carriers might be stepping back from selling BlackBerry phones. Even though I'd seen a OP saying about Z30 at Verizon stores along with a demo piece but with no advertising of them. As many people never knew whether they are being tracked by govt or not it's like citizen is left out with a radar on him/her.

I'm not sure whether this is reason of no marketing at USA carrier stores, as one easily point it out. Where most of tech companies r located in USA hence every magazine point outs easily that BlackBerry isn't doing well. It's like they are just damaging BlackBerry physically and employees emotionally by pointing a finger even though it's minor.
    Thanks for gng thru this, if u really did. I'm standing by the side of a consumer now.
    Hope the those carriers speak of why they aren't marketing BlackBerry's. If not this might be reason....!

Posted via CB10
    Nonsense.
    So much wrong here, there is not even a good starting point.
    11-25-13 01:28 PM
    Goddamn, I sure hope so!
    11-25-13 01:35 PM
138 123 ...