It hasn’t for three years.
    BBMo provided PKB lovers with a last taste....

But really made no real impact on the market, and just lost BlackBerry and TCL more money that they didn't need to lose. And drove a few more nails in the BlackBerry name in smartphones and the PKB form factor.
    falbo likes this.
    01-03-20 09:45 AM
    Apple will buy them eventually LOL... no seriously though it would make a lot of sense in the Corporate World for someone like Microsoft or Apple. We've never used iPhone for Corporate but it's always been a big player for BYOD (infact BYOD would probably not exist without Apple). Does anyone use InTune? It's been a much better experience. Microsoft makes sense, but outside Smartphones there's a lot of other areas where Apple and Microsoft may have to compete with Blackberry.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    01-03-20 09:48 AM
    Apple will buy them eventually LOL... no seriously though it would make a lot of sense in the Corporate World for someone like Microsoft or Apple. We've never used iPhone for Corporate but it's always been a big player for BYOD (infact BYOD would probably not exist without Apple). Does anyone use InTune? It's been a much better experience. Microsoft makes sense, but outside Smartphones there's a lot of other areas where Apple and Microsoft may have to compete with Blackberry.
    I don't see what BlackBerry does for Apple at all... unless as part of the move to services company they plan to go after enterprise device management. But Apple is really a consumer company....

MS.... other they buying customers, does BlackBerry's products fill a need within MS enterprise business? Cylance might be most people first taught, but them MS already has it's own machine learning solution.... most every big security company does now. Which is why I think Cylance will be a minor player. It improves the rest of BlackBerry's products and keeps them in the game. I don't think it turns them into a $20 a share company.

Bottom line is BlackBerry is at least three very different companies.... I think the only real option for a buyer, is Fairfax. Prem takes them private and either reworks some things to improve all these divisions, or sells off parts of what was BlackBerry to the parties interest in those parts but not the whole. But if revenues are solid, I think he'd rather let things ride and collect his interest.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    01-03-20 10:21 AM
    MS.... other they buying customers, does BlackBerry's products fill a need within MS enterprise business? Cylance might be most people first taught, but them MS already has it's own machine learning solution.... most every big security company does now. Which is why I think Cylance will be a minor player.
    That's the rub. Everything that BlackBerry is doing is also done by others; and where they are actually leaders as is the case with QNX automotive info systems - the profits are relatively small.
    01-03-20 12:15 PM
    That's the rub. Everything that BlackBerry is doing is also done by others; and where they are actually leaders as is the case with QNX automotive info systems - the profits are relatively small.
    Done by others much bigger than they are.... that are able to offer more enterprise products under one roof.
    01-03-20 02:48 PM
    How does any of this matter to us as mobile device consumers?
    A BlackBerry branded mobile phone is still available for purchase today and this is a "BlackBerry" forum whether it be BlackBerry Ltd or BlackBerry Mobile. If BlackBerry Ltd were to be acquired someone would then assume the current licensing agreement(s) and all related patents BlackBerry Ltd holds in regards to physical form and mobility. 😎👍
    01-03-20 03:07 PM
    So you’re saying all the BBMe subscriptions would most likely be worthless if a newer company buys BB and just uses its data centre and kills the messaging prosumer/enterprise BBMe app?

Skype could utilise existing enterprise clients of BBMe once Microsoft takes over. I don’t see any other company investing in BlackBerry... Microsoft is their nearest compatible/aligned business partner/buyer.
    01-04-20 08:16 AM
    If BlackBerry Ltd were to be acquired someone would then assume the current licensing agreement(s) and all related patents BlackBerry Ltd holds in regards to physical form and mobility.
    Not necessarily. There could easily be an escape clause. Either way, TCL has clearly moved on anyway.
    01-04-20 12:26 PM

But really made no real impact on the market, and just lost BlackBerry and TCL more money that they didn't need to lose. And drove a few more nails in the BlackBerry name in smartphones and the PKB form factor.
    Is there any documentation on BlackBerry Ltd actually losing money on the TCL deal?
    01-04-20 12:47 PM

Reviews of the Key PKB devices on Amazon, Best Buy and elsewhere are all quite favorable amongst the consumers that have purchased them
    01-04-20 02:54 PM
    BYOD is decreasing rapidly in the corporate world.
    01-04-20 02:55 PM
    Is there any documentation on BlackBerry Ltd actually losing money on the TCL deal?
    Of course not. This is speculation central 😉
    01-04-20 02:59 PM
    BYOD is decreasing rapidly in the corporate world.
    I’ve read that it could decrease going forward, but I haven’t seen any data that’s happening and rapidly at that.
    01-04-20 03:07 PM
    My organization decided no BYOD. So after years of BlackBerry, BlackBerry Android and Android I now have an iPhone that is so locked down that IT is a tool not a toy.

I’ve read that it could decrease going forward, but I haven’t seen any data that’s happening and rapidly at that.
    01-04-20 08:57 PM
    My organization decided no BYOD. So after years of BlackBerry, BlackBerry Android and Android I now have an iPhone that is so locked down that IT is a tool not a toy.
    Yes as I believe we’ve had this conversation. I’m referring to scaled data with actual statistical reference.
    01-04-20 08:59 PM
    Deleted
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 01-05-20 at 01:56 AM.
    01-04-20 10:00 PM
    I had the littlest bit of hope, recently, when I heard John Chen say in a vid talking about security and cars ect..
    “it makes me want to build phones, again”

All of that does go all together.

I don’t think they can do it building a pkb

But this thread, now, makes me think it won't happen.
    01-05-20 03:33 PM
    I had the littlest bit of hope, recently, when I heard John Chen say in a vid talking about security and cars ect..
    “it makes me want to build phones, again”

All of that does go all together.

I don’t think they can do it building a pkb

But this thread, now, makes me think it won't happen.
    BlackBerry lives but not in the mobile phone business. Chen’s various comments have been misinterpreted.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    01-05-20 03:45 PM
    BlackBerry sold their PKB patent?
    LoL, that's about the only thing they have that has any value...
    01-08-20 06:12 PM
44 12