Ok I already have a torch with AT&T and I like it. But the area i'll be possibly moving to only has Sprint coverage i'm so used to having fast options with my BB Torch if I go Sprint then I would want to go 4G speed. Currently I think AT&T only has one am I right?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-11 02:57 PM
    Hopefully they won't, 4G is nothing but an marketing myth at this point. AT&T doesn't really have 4G, and Wimax is dying. If room had any brains at all, it'll be lte for the first 4G BlackBerry.
    09-10-11 04:11 PM
    according to Sprint reps ive been talking to (as if they know anything) Sprint just started a 3 year project to switch to LTE. The last one also told me they would be keeping WIMAX as well but I bet they phase that out over time, I dont think I would be all over a WIMAX device based on what ive been told & besides, WIMAX is very hit & miss, I use it all over the country with my Sprint Overdrive & quite a few places I have actually switched to 3g for better speed, other places it screams speed though. What city are you moving to? Very good chance I have experience with there WIMAX
    09-10-11 09:56 PM
    Sprint is CDMA. WiMAX would be different, can @gordongr tell the OP if you can talk and surf at the same time on wimax?

09-10-11 10:33 PM
    I don't believe RIM is doing anything with WiMAX anymore... They cancelled the WiMAX PlayBook.

09-10-11 10:35 PM
    Sprint is CDMA. WiMAX would be different, can @gordongr tell the OP if you can talk and surf at the same time on wimax?

Yes you can talk & surf at the same time on wimax
    09-10-11 10:44 PM
    It won't matter soon, since Sprint is changinging course and going to LTE.

09-29-11 01:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD