From top to bottom - banks, security forces, corporations, consumers and now DoD - it looks like America is seriously going to exterminate BlackBerry use within its borders. Will BB only exist outside America by this time next year?
    03-21-14 08:48 AM
    First it was the Native Americans, now it's BlackBerry lol. Maybe BB users will also be forced to live in reservations.
    croman, eldricho and propeller10 like this.
    03-21-14 08:51 AM
    DoD is still using them, for now. I believe it's the Air Force that's officially switching.
    And there are still lots of enterprise customers out there. One year from now? Yes, BlackBerry will definately have a presence in the USA. It may not be as "big" as it is now (loose term) but they'll still be present!
    03-21-14 09:11 AM
    I'll still be using one. So atleast 1.

Posted from my awesome Q10
    03-21-14 11:22 AM
    Are you referring to handsets only?

Or also QNX, BES and bbm as well?

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 01:18 PM
    Over the years I have been registered at Crackberry I've seen this question a numerous times...

...and BlackBerry is still there ;-)

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and kbz1960 like this.
    03-21-14 01:24 PM
    I'm pretty sure I'll still be using one.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 01:48 PM
    I am still using the Blackberry brand here in the USA, but my biggest fear is my carrier T-Mobile who in my opinion is trying to ditch the brand all together here in the USA. If that where to happen, what about support for the folks using Blackberry devices on their network here? We would be without software and hardware support. I know folks tell me not to worry, but based on what I have seen from Blackberry as far as advertising, product and costumer support the past year, we have reason to be concerned.
    alternator77 likes this.
    03-21-14 01:52 PM
    I've only needed service on a PlayBook and it was very good.

Though there's nothing like being able to get support in person.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 01:55 PM
    I will still be using BB: just ordered a Q5 now that they are available in the US and once my JUMP upgrade with T-Mobile rolls around, I will be looking at getting a Q10 or the Q20 (if it is out by then). As another poster said, T-Mobile does seem to be anti-BB lately and the phones are only available online but I'm not too worried. I'll buy my phones from BB or Amazon if I need to and I'm not worried about using it on their network. I used an unlocked original iPhone on T-Mobile's network back before they were offered through T-Mobile and the customer service rep had no problem setting me up with a compatible data plan and getting everything working.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    03-21-14 02:45 PM
    My fear is that the only Blackberry users in the US will be the rich and powerful(anyone who needs a secure device) and those that want a secure device.

When I was young(and didn't know any better) I always heard people saying that one day the government would put a chip in us all to track us all down and record everything we do. Looks like we are all doing it to ourselves. No need to put one in us now when we carry one around with us all day that does the same thing.

Just my opinion, don't flame me. Just saying....
    03-21-14 03:22 PM
    My fear is that the only Blackberry users in the US will be the rich and powerful(anyone who needs a secure device) and those that want a secure device.

When I was young(and didn't know any better) I always heard people saying that one day the government would put a chip in us all to track us all down and record everything we do. Looks like we are all doing it to ourselves. No need to put one in us now when we carry one around with us all day that does the same thing.

Just my opinion, don't flame me. Just saying....
    Please tell me your not serious, I think you need to take a break from the internet. Just saying!!!!!

Sent using CB Forum App
    03-21-14 03:39 PM
    With the upcoming devices this year and 10.3 and beyond I would think most if not all of the major carriers will carry at least one BlackBerry.

Posted via Z30 C0002FDEF
    03-21-14 06:49 PM
    I am still using the Blackberry brand here in the USA, but my biggest fear is my carrier T-Mobile who in my opinion is trying to ditch the brand all together here in the USA. If that where to happen, what about support for the folks using Blackberry devices on their network here? We would be without software and hardware support. I know folks tell me not to worry, but based on what I have seen from Blackberry as far as advertising, product and costumer support the past year, we have reason to be concerned.
    Get Square Trade warranty with ur device. They do a great job of covering devices. I have gotten two iPod Touches, one Kindle Fire and a Samsung Tablet serviced or replaced by them. They can issue a gift card for the replacement account. So, u can still buy a device and use it on Tmobile. I am with Tmo too.

Loving my Zed 10!!
    03-21-14 06:54 PM
    Of course. BlackBerry can't go any lower in the US. With the introduction of the upcoming devices and the constant improvement of the OS, the only way is up.

Posted via CB10
    milo53 likes this.
    03-21-14 11:33 PM
    Of course. BlackBerry can't go any lower in the US. With the introduction of the upcoming devices and the constant improvement of the OS, the only way is up.

Posted via CB10
    The market won't get any easier. The other device manufacturers will continue to innovate also.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    milo53, Elite1 and JeepBB like this.
    03-21-14 11:36 PM
    I'm pretty sure I'll still be using one.

Posted via CB10
    Indeed, they will still have a presence in my presence
    03-22-14 01:36 AM
    I think the answer is yes. The Funny thing is that what American companies with the tacit support of US government has been doing to undermine BlackBerry within their borders is backfiring outside their borders. It is quite clear now that US tech companies are being targeted and shut out of many countries. As reported in the New York Times, countries like Brazil are explicitly preventing US companies from bidding on government and private sector contracts. They are eliminating US hardware and developing parallel free email/social IM software with the explicit purpose of eliminating Google services and Microsoft email software in the near future. The predicted loss of revenue is currently 30-50 billion a year. Interestingly, the companies that have been targeted are those that volunteered to be part of the NSA's PRISM program.

BlackBerry stayed clear of that mess and what is increasingly clear is that even US companies operating in foreign countries will by default forced away from US tech products. This will in turn reverberate back to the parent companies based in the US. The security chicken has come back to roost.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 02:05 AM
    BlackBerry needs to get us companies on bes10. So far I don't know of any that have upgraded. If they can do that they will be able to maintain some presence in the us

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 02:34 AM
    In Boston. BlackBerry for me - as long as they give me a reason to stay

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 05:24 AM
    I'm in the US and I'm very much present. I just switched from a Q10 to a Z30 last night so I'll be here next here. That's really all that matters to me considering BlackBerry still makes good phones.

Posted with new Z30!
    03-22-14 07:01 AM
    Hmmm.
    I recall reading numerous threads about the same subject 1 year ago. 2 years ago. 3 years ago........................
    Elite1 likes this.
    03-22-14 07:05 AM
    From top to bottom - banks, security forces, corporations, consumers and now DoD - it looks like America is seriously going to exterminate BlackBerry use within its borders. Will BB only exist outside America by this time next year?
    No. Enterprise only for North America.

Poetry in Motion
    03-22-14 07:12 PM
    I not from the US, is T Mobile not for sale, so Question, will T Mobile be in in a year's time

Posted via Z10
    03-22-14 08:13 PM
    Everyday is a constant struggle against the forces of stupidity, because stupidity and ignorance are in the majority.
    CMcRob likes this.
    03-22-14 08:15 PM
43 12