Did a search prior to making this thread, so that clears the major part up.

I wonder if they'll get any smaller than the pearl series and style's form factor, like smaller than the condensed or standard qwerty on the 9700. If they did get much smaller, would our thumbs be able to still manage to hit a single key without making typos?

Sound it off, cause I'm curious. Second thread I made since ages ago!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-10 07:23 AM
    Its hard to say, the 8130 was a very convenient size, I haven't touched a 91xx yet to see if there is a difference.

It would be hard to imagine a smaller phone with all of the blackberrys capabilities. And with the growing publics demand for blackberrys that are more media capable with larger screens and stuff. It would be hard to imagine. Smallest form factor being the 82xx series, and it was sad to see manufacturing defects kill that device.

Anyway, in as curious as Root to read people opinions and forecasting on this issue as well.

11-08-10 07:27 AM
    I'm really hoping it goes back the other way, and they make at least one 'large keyboard device' in the tradition of the 9000. I can see the convenience of smaller devices, but with large hands a large keyboard is almost a necessity. Just my two cents, I'm sure my wife would be completely happy with a 9100 sized device if it had a full qwerty similar to her Tour.
    11-08-10 07:35 AM
    I don't know how much smaller they can go with a full QWERTY than the 9650 or
    the 9700 to tell you the truth. On a suretype keyboard like the Pearl series?
    Ehhhh, mayyyybe. But I highly doubt it. I'd venture to say that most people with a
    Pearl would say that it's the perfect size for them. Same goes for full QWERTY. I
    don't think I could use something smaller than a 9700.
    11-08-10 12:46 PM
    Yeah, I think they've hit the sweet spot when it comes to form factor in the 9700, though I definitely feel they should also offer the same hardware in a 9000 ff. There are obviously enough people who want it, myself included.
    11-08-10 01:20 PM
    Personally, I like the size of my 8330. Compared to the pearl, at least. I can't compare to other newer devices, since I have not held one in my hand. I don't think I would like anything too much smaller than this.

11-08-10 01:26 PM
    Well, let me chime in here. Since I have a 9100, I hope they don't go any smaller. Since I have small hands, the 9100 is perfect
    11-08-10 01:32 PM
    I really enjoyed using my 8310 and found it to a well-sized device. I moved up to the 9000 and found that to be great as well. Consequentially, I'm not too fond of the 9700's smaller size and weight. The Torch isn't exactly a Bold 9000 keyboard experience, but it's weight makes it easier for me to use.

I hope Blackberry's don't get too much smaller. It doesn't seem very practical for them to get smaller than the Pearl 3G.
    11-08-10 01:36 PM
    I hope they don't get smaller. I want an upgraded 9000. IMO that device has the best keyboard, and the last keyboard that felt like quality. When I switched from the 9000-9700 I felt like I was going to a Curve, and the keyboard was too small for my liking.
    11-08-10 02:03 PM
    I hope they don't get smaller. I want an upgraded 9000. IMO that device has the best keyboard, and the last keyboard that felt like quality. When I switched from the 9000-9700 I felt like I was going to a Curve, and the keyboard was too small for my liking.
    I typed so damn comfortably on a 9000 that it wasn't even funny. I wonder
    whatever happened to the "Magnum" phone that was supposed to be released
    this year that CX talked about at the beginning of the year.
    11-08-10 02:18 PM
    I typed so damn comfortably on a 9000 that it wasn't even funny. I wonder
    whatever happened to the "Magnum" phone that was supposed to be released
    this year that CX talked about at the beginning of the year.
    The 9000s keyboard is luxurious. The keys didn't feel cheap as well. Maybe that device will come out. It does seem like RIM is making their devices smaller and smaller though. From my experience with those devices, the smaller it gets, the cheaper the device feels. My 9000s was solid, went through 5 9700s and couldn't find one that felt decent (and without issues).
    11-08-10 02:24 PM
    The 93xx series is a little bit smaller than the 83xx and is just about as small as a full-qwerty should go, IMO. RIM has good form factors with an recognizable look across the models. They should stop reinventing the container and focus on the inside HW and SW.
    11-08-10 02:26 PM
    The 93xx series is a little bit smaller than the 83xx and is just about as small as a full-qwerty should go, IMO. RIM has good form factors with an recognizable look across the models. They should stop reinventing the container and focus on the inside HW and SW.
    I don't think I could have worded it any better myself. I enjoy my curve. Not as powerful as newer phones, but the design in my hands works for me. Maybe we will get OS6 soon :P */sarcasm*

11-08-10 05:19 PM
    Hopefully they don't get any smaller. I think it's ridiculous that there seems to be no attention payed to people with large hands who find it very uncomfortable typing on these 9700 style keyboards. When they keep releasing these identical phones (ie: 9700, 9650,9780,) it gets me wondering who is steering the ship over there? How many mini Bolds are there going to be?

11-08-10 05:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD