i love my BOLD but i hate that i cant view sites that require adobe flash player 10. Will blackberry come out with a phone soon that has this capability? If not, will there be a phone soon with this capability?
    06-09-09 07:31 PM
    Flash for the BB OS will not happen in the near term, no one knows when but Adobe. Win Mobile, Android, Symbian and Palm's new WebOS are rumored to have a version by the end of this year. iPhone might have a version coming as well. Not sure why BB is not getting any love but there is no news on a version for our devices.

Some Windows Mobile and Symbian phones already support flash.
    06-09-09 07:42 PM
    It won't be any time soon. There are conflicts with Flash and the Java operating system on BBs. It is supposed to be something that will be worked on in the future, but more than likely it will be something like Flash-Lite - just for playing flash videos and such.
    06-09-09 08:25 PM
    That would be pretty convenient

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-09 08:48 PM
    RIM has zero plans for Flash Lite to be on the BlackBerry platform. IF/When they go flash, it will be full flash. Meanwhile, Skyfire: Free mobile browser. The PC web on your phone. Real fast. that browser supports Flash on the BlackBerry.
    06-09-09 08:49 PM
    I wish Adobe and RIM would team up and come up with something soon. I find this annoying as well. I have seen the flash light thing adobe offers but I haven't heard it being used for blackberry or if it even if its a good program. As far as this skyfire thing is concerned what are the reviews? Does anyone else use this? I will say I can view youtube videos but I do believe they are a different type of flash or platform.(Answers....I'm not sure).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-09 09:50 PM
    I had the Htc slider with key board before I was baptised to BB and It had adobe on it. Although it was slow it had everything BB has and adobe flash player. There are phones that have adobe on them. Htc has it on their phones. It is frustrating not having adobe in my bb. I had the curve 8310 and Yersterday went in and took home my 498.00 8900.
    06-09-09 10:20 PM
    RIM has zero plans for Flash Lite to be on the BlackBerry platform. IF/When they go flash, it will be full flash. Meanwhile, Skyfire: Free mobile browser. The PC web on your phone. Real fast. that browser supports Flash on the BlackBerry.
    Like SA is pointing out Skyfire Browser for BB is coming. It's in closed testing right now, but it IS coming.
    06-09-09 10:32 PM
    I think the bigger question is when will Adobe clean up Flash in general that it doesn't need huge system resources.
    06-10-09 10:56 AM
    I have no idea, but i really hope they do so!
    06-10-09 11:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD