Curious if I should be expecting this. I know it's probably an unknown, so I guess the question is, do current BB phones support this?

Asking because I'm an arm chair audiophile that wants to get an external D/A converter and amp to drive my headphones. Yes, I could amp the headphone jack. That is my fallback plan.
    saxxman likes this.
    01-11-13 11:55 AM
    Another question is, will BB10 on either the phone or Playbook do "USB On-The-Go" and other USB functionality (depending on driver support)... meaning...

- storage support
    - microphone input
    - speaker output
    - mouse and keyboard
    - memory card reader
    - scanner
    - camera plugin support
    - printer support

The possibilities are endless, but drivers will have to be written for all of this.

I think a big feature that most people will use immediately will be ability to plug in additional storage like USB keys, camera memory card readers, hard drives, etc. Although USB sound is nice, I feel storage freedom and a solid file browser to let you transfer and manage files will be more important to add first.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Crackberry Tapatalk Forum app
    JR A and jakie55 like this.
    01-11-13 12:43 PM
    Actually, wondering now if the music players would output a digital stream through HDMI. If so, are there dedicated DACs out there that could convert HDMI audio via HDMI cable? Or couldthat be converted digitally to something a (HDMI to HDMI=>digital coax audio=> DAC) DAC can handle?
    01-17-13 11:31 AM
    I play FLAC files from Playbook through HDMI to reciever. Sounds great
    01-17-13 01:00 PM
    Curious if I should be expecting this. I know it's probably an unknown, so I guess the question is, do current BB phones support this?

Asking because I'm an arm chair audiophile that wants to get an external D/A converter and amp to drive my headphones. Yes, I could amp the headphone jack. That is my fallback plan.
    Not sure that amping the headphone output will actually show off the FLAC quality. I'm also searching for answers to this. Headfi.org has some good information on usb output, but the Z10 hasn't been out long enough for the answer yet.
    04-01-13 10:50 AM
    My home office set up is

MacBook Air
    Connected via USB to...
    Grace 903 converter
    Adam A3 + sub

So I listen to hi rez 192k 24 bit audio files

So I am interested too!
    kfh227 likes this.
    04-01-13 02:41 PM