I was wondering this because I've been getting the camera error .4003 issue with my front camera for a while now and my playbook is out of warranty. I know the camera works because when I first bought it worked and I would always have fun with it, but I guess when OS 2.0 arrived my front camera died . My thought here though is that if the BB10 software replaces all of playbook's software then the camera functionality will return to me. Any thoughts?
    10-25-12 08:37 PM
    BB10 OS will replace the Playbook OS, but it would be hard to know exactly what is wrong with your camera. It could or could not fix it.

Have you done a factory reset on your device?

Factory reset for the BlackBerry PlayBook (also fixes bricked devices) | CrackBerry.com
    10-25-12 09:41 PM
    BB10 OS will replace the Playbook OS, but it would be hard to know exactly what is wrong with your camera. It could or could not fix it.

Have you done a factory reset on your device?

Factory reset for the BlackBerry PlayBook (also fixes bricked devices) | CrackBerry.com
    Yes, I've debricked, factory reset, I've done everything I've read around on the forums. I know the camera works it just says another application is using, but nothing is open. It's a software issue. In my opinion the playbook needs a task manager/ process viewer.
    10-25-12 10:56 PM