With BB10's new design and larger screens I wonder if they'll still be as tough as the older phones?
    01-10-13 10:50 AM
    Yes they are
    01-10-13 11:12 AM
    No rugs on mine, it'll have a Brazilian!
    cjcampbell, Berry_Pink and PJD642 like this.
    01-10-13 11:23 AM
    Hopefully, coz I will be sporting it naked FTW
    01-10-13 09:40 PM
    I played with one yesterday. Sleek and solid.
    01-10-13 09:45 PM
    Well, it won't be a Curve in terms of durability, with its light-weight all-plastic housing (including the screen). Because the Z10 sports a large glass panel on the front, you'll have to exercise some degree of caution. If that is a concern to you, you'll have to get a case like I will.
    01-11-13 03:52 AM
    Well, it won't be a Curve in terms of durability, with its light-weight all-plastic housing (including the screen). Because the Z10 sports a large glass panel on the front, you'll have to exercise some degree of caution. If that is a concern to you, you'll have to get a case like I will.
    the 9900 has a glass screen also , i've dropped my p[hone from 18 feet up on its edge and the screen is still in one piece, as well just becasue a phone is all plastic and light does nto mean its brittle, infact it takes shock better then the aluminum construction of the iPhone5 so the internals and screen with not be effected as much from a drop, as well the light weight frame will lead to less force on the structure. a solid feel also doesn't mean a device is more durable either, it gives an illusion of quality and strength but for soemthign to take abuse well you want to have a sort of thick springy marterial like polycarbonate so that when a drop or hit does occur the material can act like a damper minimizing the shock sent throught the over all structure, and in an electronic device, the chips and screen

if the structure is built anythign like the playbook then i have no doubt it will be a durable phone
    01-11-13 06:06 AM
    the 9900 has a glass screen also , i've dropped my p[hone from 18 feet up on its edge and the screen is still in one piece, as well just becasue a phone is all plastic and light does nto mean its brittle, infact it takes shock better then the aluminum construction of the iPhone5 so the internals and screen with not be effected as much from a drop, as well the light weight frame will lead to less force on the structure. a solid feel also doesn't mean a device is more durable either, it gives an illusion of quality and strength but for soemthign to take abuse well you want to have a sort of thick springy marterial like polycarbonate so that when a drop or hit does occur the material can act like a damper minimizing the shock sent throught the over all structure, and in an electronic device, the chips and screen

if the structure is built anythign like the playbook then i have no doubt it will be a durable phone
    I think you misunderstood me when I said it won't have the durability of the Curve. I think the Curve was an absolute tank that wouldn't break because of its light weight plastic construction that could absorb shocks and all the reasons you stated.
    01-11-13 10:09 AM