I hope the Venice slider does really well. But I currently use a Q10, Classic and Passport. Bb10 works really well for me and I'm sure for lots of us.

A couple years from now, when there's still people on bb10, do you think people will get made fun of on crackberry.com for using older technology that just works? The same way people still use the Bold?

I have no interest in the slider phone, I just really like my phones I'm using now. Hopefully BlackBerry will push out updates to keep improving bb10.

Thoughts? Please don't reply with any stupid bb10 is already dead comments, there's enough of those already.
    igor10000, BerryRipe and jope28 like this.
    09-20-15 05:52 AM
    I sure hope so..i myself have no interest in Android, but the more I read the more I think we're going the way of the PlayBook!! Hope I'm wrong

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 06:47 AM
    I don't think that they will drop BB10, at least not anytime soon. BlackBerry release a few Phones in the last 12 Month and continues to sell them, so they will have to Support them for the next 3-4 years.

BlackBerry is still no.1 when it comes to the Top Government and Corporate level. Android just isn't there yet when it comes to Security, but gaining ground quickly and now with the help of BlackBerry .
    09-20-15 07:21 AM
    BlackBerry has invested a lot of time and resources on BlackBerry 10. I'm certain in a few years it will be around especially for applications requiring High Security. New devices may not come out fast and furious but they will be released .just like the 10's of millions of BBOS 7 and under that are still in use Globally, years after their "end of life " cycle.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 08:02 AM
    I'm STILL using OS7 via my 9900 on my secondary line... Paling browser aside, it adequately still performs as needed for me... (Tried and passed on BB10 devices from the Q10 to the Z30, always reverted back to my Bold until the Classic dropped and won over the daily driver position...)

BB10 has a fantastic browser, however. One that is sustainable and adequate and I foresee being relevant for a while. I could see BB10 being durable and capable of longevity as it pertains to my personal needs for a long time if needed as well... App support and OS updates only matter if you require them and I simply don't... I keep my needs to essentials only and wouldn't be effected... Could see myself "clinging to OS10" without an issue...

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 08:51 AM
    They pretty much have to hold on to it. There are govt agencies and businesses that have invested in it and Blackberry pulling support for it would be suicide for them. There is no way they are going to tell these agencies and companies that they have to buy an Android phone in order to get support for them. The question is will they continue to make BB10 devices? I think they will but not for the consumer market. I think they will make lower end phones as fleet phones for companies and make Android devices for the masses.
    09-20-15 09:39 AM
    I don't think they'll abandon it. They're still selling quantities of BB10 phones to enterprise and corporate customers. It would be pretty brutal if they just turned their back on them now.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 09:42 AM
    I hope the Venice slider does really well. But I currently use a Q10, Classic and Passport. Bb10 works really well for me and I'm sure for lots of us.

A couple years from now, when there's still people on bb10, do you think people will get made fun of on crackberry.com for using older technology that just works? The same way people still use the Bold?

I have no interest in the slider phone, I just really like my phones I'm using now. Hopefully BlackBerry will push out updates to keep improving bb10.

Thoughts? Please don't reply with any stupid bb10 is already dead comments, there's enough of those already.
    I don't think there's any significant ribbing of bbos users. OP do you mock bbos users?
    09-20-15 10:27 AM
    I don't think he mocks them, her just refers to the mocking of them by others. Even if I were using a OS5 device, that would be my choice and I don't see a reason to be ashamed.
    The greatest amount of hatred and mocking I've seen on BlackBerry is in the United States and that might be because of the "flock effect" or peer influence or whatever it's called. Masses follow the trends, regardless if they're good (as in useful) or not, the most blatant example being the iCrap devices.
    I'm fortunate enough to live in Denmark and we have a super open society and a massively different mindset from the US. I still use a Bold 9780 alongside my Passport and nobody has mocked me or told me lame jokes about my choice of phones. And they don't even sell BlackBerry here anymore!
    So I believe it has to do with where you live, who is your entourage and so on.
    Regarding CrackBerry, this forum has become less that it was, but that might be because of the company's failures. OS10 supporters might mock OS7/6/5 users for using dated technology, but there are 2 sides to the story: 1. OS10 is hyper efficient in some regards and the hardware has been massively improved but 2. OS7 has its own appeal, especially on the 9900, a great phone, minus the battery/camera/browser/etc.
    I'm really sorry that BlackBerry didn't offer incentives for existing users to switch to the new os, instead gave them to iOS users. Although I am very attached to it, BlackBerry has failed to evolve with the times. I hate it for that, because it had tremendous potential.
    Chen might change it into a flourishing company now, but it will never be the same. nostalgia is here, but with the growing acquisitions, there is also hope. The only thing I dislike is Android (that's why I came to BlackBerry from it) but I understand the reasoning behind it.
    the1 and CivilDissident like this.
    09-21-15 03:09 AM
    the "flock effect" or peer influence or whatever it's called. Masses follow the trends.
    You didn't have to say anything else after this..lol
    09-21-15 04:02 AM
    The greatest amount of hatred and mocking I've seen on BlackBerry is in the United States and that might be because of the "flock effect" or peer influence or whatever it's called. Masses follow the trends, regardless if they're good (as in useful) or not, the most blatant example being the iCrap devices.
    I'm fortunate enough to live in Denmark and we have a super open society and a massively different mindset from the US. I still use a Bold 9780 alongside my Passport and nobody has mocked me or told me lame jokes about my choice of phones. And they don't even sell BlackBerry here anymore!
    Preach!

I live in the US and have been mocked over many of the choices I make, but I take it as a gesture of endearment... I use what I like and that is that... Really could care less who approves or what another thinks... The majority of American society still believes the NSA doesn't exist, security can be found in our Government bodies, feel Facebook is a way of life and that a selfie stick is the must-have fashion statement of the year... Convoluted and the product of psyops running decades deep... No point in validating society by conforming just for the sake of being on par with the average John and Jane Derp... Use what you like. If it works for you, why change or even worry about what others think? That's always been my stance anyways...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CivilDissident; 09-21-15 at 04:36 AM.
    09-21-15 04:23 AM
    Preach!

I live in the US and have been mocked over many of the choices I make, but I take it as a gesture of endearment... I use what I like and that is that... Really could care less who approves or what another thinks... The majority of American society still believes the NSA doesn't exist, security can be found in our Government bodies, feel Facebook is a way of life and that a selfie stick is the must-have fashion statement of the year... Convoluted and the product of psyops running decades deep... No point in validating society by conforming just for the sake of being on par with the average John and Jane Derp... Use what you like. If it works for you, why change or even worry about what others think? That's always been my stance anyways...

Posted via CB10

While being mocked over what type of phone you use is absolutely ridiculous, its way to easy to blame the U.S. for Blackberry's failures. Blackberry's GLOBAL marketshare is .03%.
    09-21-15 05:17 AM
    Preach!

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. I still don't get it why some people have this urge to stick their nose into your life. What do they gain by doing that? They don't lead your life and vice versa. Your choices belong to you and you alone. That's why we're individuals and not colonies.
    You could still do your job with a Nokia cameraless phone if it comes down to that. I don't see any laws stating that you have to get x or y phone.

I've noticed that since the smartphone bloom in 2011/2012 or so, people's life started revolving around phones, apps and so on. Can you live without them? If you want to, definitely. If not, you'll struggle to keep up with the others and end up living in tents in front of fruit stores to get the latest "similar but totally different" phone.
    In my eyes, if you chose BlackBerry, you're not that kind of person. A serious person who is actually concerned about doing stuff for him/herself and his/her family (if applicable) is above the "nude selfies" trend that half the planet seems to adhere to.

So don't be affected by the words of others Just ignore them and move on. It's the easiest way, because once you get into the "my ****e vs yours" it's a never ending source of stress and you won't end up anywhere.
    09-21-15 05:25 AM
    While being mocked over what type of phone you use is absolutely ridiculous, its way to easy to blame the U.S. for Blackberry's failures. Blackberry's GLOBAL marketshare is .03%.
    So who are you blaming?

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 05:26 AM
    No one is blaming the US, BlackBerry leadership is clearly at fault and no one else. It's just the fact that the US is a massive market and the majority of the users do not look at a phone as a tool to make them efficient, they look at them as status symbols and at what their entourage is sporting. It's actually the same all over the world.

This is how I originally got into BlackBerry, because having one meant you were "the ****" and were looked up to.
    I can't speak for others, but I chose the HTC Touch Pro in 2009 over the iPhone 3GS because of the physical keyboard, because I needed to do work on the phone and not play with it. I can't stand typing on glass, it's annoying and inefficient. I can't tell you how many times I wanted to smash my Samsung because I couldn't type properly on it.
    BerryRipe likes this.
    09-21-15 05:31 AM
    No one is blaming the US, BlackBerry leadership is clearly at fault and no one else. It's just the fact that the US is a massive market and the majority of the users do not look at a phone as a tool to make them efficient, they look at them as status symbols and at what their entourage is sporting. It's actually the same all over the world.

This is how I originally got into BlackBerry, because having one meant you were "the ****" and were looked up to.
    I can't speak for others, but I chose the HTC Touch Pro in 2009 over the iPhone 3GS because of the physical keyboard, because I needed to do work on the phone and not play with it. I can't stand typing on glass, it's annoying and inefficient. I can't tell you how many times I wanted to smash my Samsung because I couldn't type properly on it.
    Its good to know that you speak for the majority of the U.S. population.
    09-21-15 05:35 AM
    While leadership is to blame for a lot of things, the global market was lost due to cheap Android phones. That was Nokia's claim to global dominance but when any OEM can throw Android on a device and sell it for $70-$125, it is hard to compete with that, even though they were utter crap...lol.

But I will say that while I don't paint the broad picture of US users, most do use phones and other mobile devices for consumption, hence the "worth" of a Mobile OS being determined by an app store.
    09-21-15 05:36 AM
    While leadership is to blame for a lot of things, the global market was lost due to cheap Android phones. That was Nokia's claim to global dominance but when any OEM can throw Android on a device and sell it for $70-$125, it is hard to compete with that, even though they were utter crap...lol.

But I will say that while I don't paint the broad picture of US users, most do use phones and other mobile devices for consumption, hence the "worth" of a Mobile OS being determined by an app store.
    Absolutely. Plus, the Androids were pushed when BlackBerry was still stagnating.
    09-21-15 05:43 AM
    Its good to know that you speak for the majority of the U.S. population.
    Wow, your reply amazed me. Don't blame me man, just look at the state of things. I don't want to argue here, but please tell me, why in Europe you're not blamed for your choice of phone but in the US you're regarded as a last century relic?
    BerryRipe likes this.
    09-21-15 05:45 AM
    I wasn't at all contributing BlackBerry's market share fail to the US... I was speaking generally and in a broad spectrum as this mentality pertains to most mainstream staples that trend in the US, not just the smartphone market...

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 05:48 AM
    Wow, your reply amazed me. Don't blame me man, just look at the state of things. I don't want to argue here, but please tell me, why in Europe you're not blamed for your choice of phone but in the US you're regarded as a last century relic?
    I was commenting on the fact that you seem to know what the majority of the U.S. population use their phone for while the rest of the world is using them for efficiency purposes.

And regarding your other point, the rest of the world must see Blackberry's as relics too because they aren't using them either.
    09-21-15 05:58 AM
    I don't get it what with this nationalism. Tell me DK is ****, ok, I don't mind you, but come on! US is not an axis mundi, nor any other country for that matter. It would be nice if we could get back to discussing and not arguing
    BerryRipe likes this.
    09-21-15 05:59 AM
    I was commenting on the fact that you seem to know what the majority of the U.S. population use their phone for while the rest of the world is using them for efficiency purposes.

And regarding your other point, the rest of the world must see Blackberry's as relics too because they aren't using them either.
    "the majority of the users do not look at a phone as a tool to make them efficient, they look at them as status symbols and at what their entourage is sporting. It's actually the same all over the world"

You are only partially correct. The rest of the world does the same. It's BB users who are a minority and I see that as a symbol of efficiency vs time wasting. The rest of the world is not my business, but I know the situation in EU. You don't have to buy a BlackBerry, but people don't see you as a **** if you own one. The forums are littered with harsh opinions from US users who mock this brand. Just look at how the Passport and Classic were perceived. Plus the "cheese slice" screen size observation by an unnamed "journalist". I'm not the first one to say this, but it seems you can't have an open opinion anymore Or can you?
    BerryRipe likes this.
    09-21-15 06:05 AM
    "the majority of the users do not look at a phone as a tool to make them efficient, they look at them as status symbols and at what their entourage is sporting. It's actually the same all over the world"

You are only partially correct. The rest of the world does the same. It's BB users who are a minority and I see that as a symbol of efficiency vs time wasting. The rest of the world is not my business, but I know the situation in EU. You don't have to buy a BlackBerry, but people don't see you as a **** if you own one. The forums are littered with harsh opinions from US users who mock this brand. Just look at how the Passport and Classic were perceived. Plus the "cheese slice" screen size observation by an unnamed "journalist". I'm not the first one to say this, but it seems you can't have an open opinion anymore Or can you?
    You can have an open opinion, but you should expect people to disagree with it. The argument that BB users are all about efficiency vs time wasting over users of other platforms is to me, is a ridiculous statement. But that's your opinion and you are entitled to it.
    09-21-15 06:16 AM
    You can have an open opinion, but you should expect people to disagree with it. The argument that BB users are all about efficiency vs time wasting over users of other platforms is to me, is a ridiculous statement. But that's your opinion and you are entitled to it.
    Yes, agreed Everybody has different standpoints. Perhaps I was extending my view a little too much, by contrasting myself to others. I may be mistaken in stating the efficiency argument, but that applies to me, because I'm writing a lot on the go and I can't have extensive writing sessions on a full touch screen device, because it hinders my productivity (spelling mistakes come to mind). I don't like writing too much on the laptop, I only do editing there. So maybe i hold a singular view.

I made a mistake by stating that BB is more efficient than the other platforms when I remembered my Androids and even the Windows Mobile devices - what times! - I had. I'm looking a bit at the world through BlackBerry branded shades ))
    09-21-15 06:38 AM
52 123