Does Auto off work (or not) while an application is running?

I tried to test the auto off to go off while using Moodio.fm. The time came and went, but it didn't turn off.

Is this the way it should be? I like going to sleep with my hometown radio station on but I don;t want it running all night.
    09-20-08 01:53 PM
    Hmm. Well, I think that seeing as there are multiple applications that constantly run in the backgound, the answer is yes, the auto on/off does indeed work while apps are running in the background. However, Moodio may be different. I am not sure, as I do not use it. However, this function should still work properly.
    09-20-08 02:06 PM
    Shouldn't matter what is running, when AUTO-OFF gets to the allocated time it should power down your device as fara s I know.
    09-20-08 02:07 PM
    yes, it shuts off. i just tried it with moodio playing, and the media player open, and it turned off at the correct time.
    09-20-08 02:11 PM
    I must be missing something. Even with nothing running, I set it to turn off at 12:35 pm then back on at 12:40 - it never turned off. I'll have to double check my settings
    Last edited by hal1; 09-20-08 at 02:34 PM.
    09-20-08 02:15 PM
    Okay, I'm officially lost as to what setting I may be missing,'cause it's not working.

On the pic, I had it set to turn off at 12:53, but it never did
    09-20-08 03:21 PM
    That is odd. Try setting the Weekday Auto Off to Enabled too.

Also try taking the battery out for 30 secs and then putting it back.
    09-20-08 03:28 PM
    Well, here's what I found - i hope it helps others.

If the BB is already turned on, and I set it to go off in a few minutes, then on again a few minutes after that, it does not work.

BUT...

If I set the BB to turn on in a few minutes, then off a couple minutes later, THEN, I manually turn off the BB, it does turn on at the set time, then off at the set time.

In other words, it seems that the ON has to come before the off.

can anyone confirm this!
    09-20-08 03:49 PM
    Knowing BlackBerry, that sounds logical.

Has this now resolved your concern?
    09-20-08 04:29 PM
    I think that it should do the Auto Off. And yaay my first post from my BB!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-08 05:38 PM
    Just FYI, I also noticed that if you use auto off and you are charging also. The LED will flash until fully charged the stays on. I charge by my bedside so this was annoying enough for me to have to just remember to set to vibrate at night and leave it on.
    09-20-08 05:44 PM
    Knowing BlackBerry, that sounds logical.

Has this now resolved your concern?
    Not quite yet, I'd still think if it's 10 pm I should be able to set it to turn off at 11, then on again at 6 am, rather than set it to go on at 10, off at 11, than have to manually turn the device off now. I'd like to see if anyone else has noticed this.
    09-20-08 07:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD