I stand by my statements. When I saw I had over generalized I corrected my self. As for the substance of your statements I'm not going to bother. Why yell at a brick wall?

Now can we PLEASE get back to what this thread was originally about? The OP posed a very interesting question which I think could & should be discussed here.

Posted via CB10
    LOL brick wall. Ok buddy.

Have a good night.
    12-15-13 07:13 PM
    I'm sure it will change soon enough. It has too. Apple knows this, I'm sure they have a bunch of smart people working there
    Saying the above is exactly what you have been trying to use against others. Are you sure that only Apple has a bunch of smart people working there? Every company has smart people working on things. I didn't realize Apple had the monopoly of smart people.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 07:14 PM
    Saying the above is exactly what you have been trying to use against others. Are you sure that only Apple has a bunch of smart people working there? Every company has smart people working on things. I didn't realize Apple had the monopoly of smart people.

Posted via CB10
    Their employees are iSmart :P
    Sorry couldn't resist lol

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 07:19 PM
    LOL does Apple even have headless API's? Seriously do they? I'm curious. Apple doesn't do true multi-tasking so headless 3rd party apps isn't necessary.

As for the camera & battery on my Q10, both are superior to my 4S. Yes that's right, just because I dispute the belief that Apple innovates, doesn't mean I don't use their products. Every OS has it's advantages & disadvantages.

BTW OP
    I apologize for having hijacked your thread. When I posted my original Apple statement I did not expect to draw out such strong Apple fanboi feurer

Posted via CB10
    Didn't the Q10 come out a full year after the 4s? It would make sense for the camera to be slightly better. How about to compare the camera to a iPhone 5, or even the iPhone 5S?

Also to a comment you made earlier. Apple introduced the Apple Lisa, a commercial flop, I agree, but it was the first computer to offer a GUI or Graphical User Interface. I call that innovation. I mention this because the Apple Lisa was developed in released without the involvement of Mr. Wozniak, on January 19, 1983, now this date is important because Steve Wozniak left Apple in 1982. He left due to the physical injuries he sustained from an automobile crash.

So instead of going on a big rant about Apple's innovations, I thought it would be easier to provide you a link to cio.com where they provide a nice slideshow of 12 Apple Innovations, all witch accorded after Stephen Gary Wozniak left Apple.

12 Years of Big-Time Apple Innovations - CIO.com
    Last edited by Jaredallister; 12-15-13 at 07:44 PM.
    avt123 likes this.
    12-15-13 07:19 PM
    Haha that sounds like a direct quote from some Apple pamphlet.

In 1977 Apple was ONE OF the first to introduce the personal computer. The Commodore PET & the Tandy (among others) were also introduced in that same year.

That being said, I should have qualified my statement because back in the day Apple DID innovate, but since Steve Wozniak left they haven't really done anything, except take existing technology & make it better, or atleast more popular.

Posted via CB10
    I'm trying to be good...but I'm so glad you said that.

The Apple II brought about the modern age of computers? I was in school when they came out. In California. Fairly close to Apple, in fact one of my best bud's works at Apple. The Apple II did not bring about the modern age of computers. lol! In fact, Apple never dominated the home computer market.

I remember when Apple gave our school computers, and how upset everyone was that we didn't have decent programs,(yeah, they weren't apps) for them. :-)

Me and my friends all had home computers, pretty rare at that point, and none of us had Apple's. I had a commodore, most my friends had Tandy's. Just some info from someone that was there.

#IchooseBlackberry10 (BBM#25)
    12-15-13 07:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    What am I trying to use? Apple hasn't NEEDED to change yet. Now they do and I'm sure they will (unless they haven't been paying attention to what is going on in the mobile world), just like BlackBerry needed to and did. Apple is not a company to sit idle and do nothing. They lost themselves once, it hasn't come close to happening again yet.

Where did I say "Only Apple has a bunch of smart people working there"? Clearly, I didn't. Want to put more spin on what I said?
    12-15-13 07:22 PM
    What am I trying to use? Apple hasn't NEEDED to change yet. Now they do and I'm sure they will (unless they haven't been paying attention to what is going on in the mobile world), just like BlackBerry needed to and did. Apple is not a company to sit idle and do nothing. They lost themselves once, it hasn't come close to happening again yet.

Where did I say "Only Apple has a bunch of smart people working there"? Clearly, I didn't. Want to put more spin on what I said?
    I think the biggest problem for Apple is that when they have to change, how difficult will it be people to change with them? BlackBerry went all in with the change and have had tons of challenges. How will the over simplicity of IOS be able to be changed without alienating a simple OS core user?

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 07:27 PM
    I think the biggest problem for Apple is that when they have to change, how difficult will it be people to change with them? BlackBerry went all in with the change and have had tons of challenges. How will the over simplicity of IOS be able to be changed without alienating a simple OS core user?

Posted via CB10
    I agree, that will be a very tough obstacle to overcome. But, we need to keep something in mind. Apple specializes (or tries to) in a great user experience. They already have the ecosystem and everything else in play. If they can make a good transition into something knew (OS overhaul), all while keeping a familiar user experience that is intuitive and appealing, they will have continued success.

The only people I know that want the iPhone (iOS) to change are techies. Everyone I ask who isn't involved in the mobile world is extremely happy with iOS and everything it offers. A lot of people I know though iOS 7 was too much of a change. I cringed when I heard that because I think it wasn't enough. lol.
    12-15-13 07:32 PM
    is it time for popcorn?
    bigglybobblyboo and m1a1mg like this.
    12-15-13 07:33 PM
    Didn't the Q10 come out a full year after the 4s? It would make sense for the camera to be slightly better. How about to compare the camera to a iPhone 5, or even the iPhone 5S?

Also to a comment you made earlier. Apple introduced the Apple Lisa, a commercial flop, I agree, but it was the first computer to offer a GUI or Graphical User Interface. I call that innovation. I mention this because the Apple Lisa was developed in released without the involvement of Mr. Wozniak, on January 19, 1983, now this date is important because Steve Wozniak left Apple in 1982. He left due to the physical injuries he sustained from an automobile crash.

So instead of going on a big rant about Apple's innovations, I thought it would be easier to provide you a link to coo.com where they provide a nice slideshow of 12 Apple Innovations, all witch accorded after Stephen Gary Wozniak left Apple.

12 Years of Big-Time Apple Innovations - CIO.com
    Have you read what they are calling innovative in the link you posted? The iPod & iPhone for example are products that they are calling innovative, yet existed before Apple created them.

You mentioned Apple Lisa. While it's true that it was the first GUI on a personal computer, the GUI was stolen from the Xerox PARC.

Even Wozniak has complained about lack of innovation from Apple

Oh & as to why I compared a Q10 with a previous generation 4S (the iPhone 5 was out when the Q10 was released) is that I don't own an iPhone 5 so I can't properly personally compare the two.

Posted via CB10
    LoganSix likes this.
    12-15-13 07:42 PM
    Now can we get back to talking about the future of automotive infotainment?

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 07:46 PM
    Should go back on topic.

Hopefully all of these companies involved in the mobile world continue to innovate and create a better experience for all of us inside our cars.

QNX seems to have a great head start and doing just that.
    12-15-13 07:46 PM
    Should go back on topic.

Hopefully all of these companies involved in the mobile world continue to innovate and create a better experience for all of us inside our cars.

That's what I was wondering about reading the first page before everything went haywire. The people saying QNX needs to put out a product first...isn't it already being used?

12-15-13 07:50 PM
    Really? You think Apple innovates? Improves maybe, but they don't innovative; they never have!

Posted via CB10
    I know Apple finally got multi tasking on the iPhone and it's a rip off of the Playbook from 2011

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 07:57 PM
    You nailed it. QNX this QNX that. We've been hearing that for years. So far they have squat. Potential this, potential that. It's a load of old malarkey to feed the gullible, and it works very well on CB. In fact it's the drug of choice.
    they already have been in the cars and that, and all the good stuff, but they're not used to parroting every single "achievement", like a broken record on a loudspeaker, like every single goddamned time.

They would probably prefer to lay low and quiet. I think it is in the best interest of QNX to stay that way, with the run-behind-the-scenes aggresive innovation concurrent.
    12-15-13 08:25 PM
    Should go back on topic.

Yea last year's Bentley was amazing. I can't wait to see what they have in store for this year (3+ more weeks till we find out)

QNX does have a head start, however if they end up running the OS & apple the apps, Apple will make way more $ then they will. Money from subscriptions ect. Has way higher profit margins then stuff sold to OEMs
    This would really suck as QNX would be doing all the heavy lifting & Apple would be receiving all the praise, & money.

Posted via CB10
    Knightcrawler likes this.
    12-15-13 08:44 PM
    That's what I was wondering about reading the first page before everything went haywire. The people saying QNX needs to put out a product first...isn't it already being used?

Only in about over 60% of the current vehicles being produced.
    12-15-13 08:55 PM
    Don't most of these, including Apple's, work on top of QNX? Does QNX actually have a history of user level UI?

Honda has announced iOS integration for its 2014 Civic. But no updates since the announcement.
    yes

12-15-13 08:56 PM
    which is it, about or over?

12-15-13 08:58 PM
    Oh, so can we talk about market share now then? Lol!

Brandon Orr likes this.
    12-15-13 09:25 PM
    After watching the entire QNX demo video of the Jeep Wrangler, not OVERLY impressed TBH. I still don't understand how touch interfaces, even though they're on a car, still seem so laggy and old? Can somebody explain to me how this is so much different than just replacing the entertainment console with an ipad/ tablet? Besides the obvious diagnostic information you get from the car, as well as climate controls, I just don't understand what the hype is about?
    12-15-13 09:46 PM
    After watching the entire QNX demo video of the Jeep Wrangler, not OVERLY impressed TBH. I still don't understand how touch interfaces, even though they're on a car, still seem so laggy and old? Can somebody explain to me how this is so much different than just replacing the entertainment console with an ipad/ tablet? Besides the obvious diagnostic information you get from the car, as well as climate controls, I just don't understand what the hype is about?
    Forget the Jeep. Check out their QNX 2.0 Bentley

Posted via CB10
    Brandon Orr likes this.
    12-16-13 01:40 AM
    Have you read what they are calling innovative in the link you posted? The iPod & iPhone for example are products that they are calling innovative, yet existed before Apple created them.

You mentioned Apple Lisa. While it's true that it was the first GUI on a personal computer, the GUI was stolen from the Xerox PARC.

Even Wozniak has complained about lack of innovation from Apple
    You don't understand what innovation is. Innovation isn't just coming up with something first, although that's part of it. Coming up with something first is invention. Innovation in the consumer market is creating something that gains widespread adoption. Henry Ford didn't invent the car. His great innovation, and what he's remembered for, is making the car a consumer product. Innovation in the consumer space is significantly more important that non-consumer space. For example, the light bulb is a much more important innovation than Curiosity, although Curiosity was arguably much more innovative and much more difficult to create, let alone the innovations required to get it in place.

It's true Xerox invented the first GUI in their labs. So what? They had no idea what to do with it. They gave it away. Steve Jobs was the first to recognize how the GUI could change how people used computers. One of the designers of the PARC moved to Apple to help design and create LISA. Apple's true innovations, and there are many, is their ability to get new ideas out into the consumer space. You don't need to be an inventor to be innovative. An innovator is an entity get gets new ideas adopted by the public.

Start watching from about 30 minutes. That's Larry Tesler talking, one of the originators of the GUI at Xerox PARC. He tell you what happened at Xerox, and he should know, he was there. Xerox couldn't figure out a way to make the GUI a consumer product, they sold it to Apple. Listen to what he says at about 36 minutes, "Jobs was there going, "what is going on here? You're sitting on a goldmine! Why aren't you doing something with this technology? You could change the world!!""

12-16-13 04:24 AM
    All of these lies on the brain and skills of every great developers and engineers.

who will make the concept happen if there are/is no one have the skill to execute it?

I'm pretty sure apple, Microsoft, BlackBerry, android, samsung... all the companies other than phone, car, computer, manufacturers have brilliant concepts of new innovative inventions for the future... but the problem is, they don't have the personnels to handle, create, exercise, and execute whats on the blue print in a short period of time.

Computer programming languages are still evolving right now.

So I would say, its hard to tell.
    Apple wouldn't probably release a crappy product to public which can bring there names into shame.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 06:20 AM
    I may have misunderstood, but does "iOS7 in the car" only facilitate integration with your iOS7 phone if you have one and provide iOS7 like user interface on the in car display? How does it work if you have another type of phone? I would not want to pay any extra for facilities I won't use ... for example there are many hifi systems that incorporate iPhone/Pod docks and Airplay by default but these interfaces are useless for me.

Sent from my BlackBerry
    12-16-13 08:02 AM
147 1234 ...