12-15-13 05:36 AM
    The only reason to go Apple is because of the name. Apple has a better chance of bringing more innovation to cars than Blackberry. QNX and it's engineers are amazing and only Blackberry management can screw it up. Keep headquarters away from QNX.
    milo53, bekkay and Kobe Barksdale like this.
    12-15-13 05:58 AM
    Don't most of these, including Apple's, work on top of QNX? Does QNX actually have a history of user level UI?

Honda has announced iOS integration for its 2014 Civic. But no updates since the announcement.
    LoganSix likes this.
    12-15-13 09:00 AM
    Also, BlackBerry and QNX are implementing in such a way that little has to be changed in the car end. Apple, as always, is restrictive and controlling. For example, Nissan's vehicle text messaging system doesn't work with iPhones because Apple locked them out and won't allow them to connect to that portion of the phone. Basically as it stands right now, many car manufacturers are creating distance from Apple.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 09:09 AM
    You do realize that Apple needs QNX to run in the cars right? QNX is the OS, what apple is doing is running their own theme on top of the car's infotainment OS

Apple knows that for most people it's the perception, not the truth that's important.

Posted via CB10
    theone06 likes this.
    12-15-13 12:39 PM
    Apple has a better chance of bringing more innovation to cars than Blackberry.
    Really? You think Apple innovates? Improves maybe, but they don't innovative; they never have!

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 12:58 PM
    Great reads thanks for sharing.. I definitely hope QNX beats Apple to the finish line in this field, I can picture some awesome integration with BB10 smartphones into infotainment systems all over!

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 01:03 PM
    How about bbry just get on and launch some great products? I'm just sick of years of talking big and delivering zilch. Time to put up or shut up...
    12-15-13 02:23 PM
    How about bbry just get on and launch some great products? I'm just sick of years of talking big and delivering zilch. Time to put up or shut up...
    Absolutely.
    12-15-13 02:24 PM
    You nailed it. QNX this QNX that. We've been hearing that for years. So far they have squat. Potential this, potential that. It's a load of old malarkey to feed the gullible, and it works very well on CB. In fact it's the drug of choice.
    m1a1mg likes this.
    12-15-13 04:11 PM
    Really? You think Apple innovates? Improves maybe, but they don't innovative; they never have!

Posted via CB10
    Lol. Let's be a little more dramatic.

Maybe you need a history lesson on what happened in 2007 that changed the entire mobile industry and is the reason your Q10 with BB10 exists today.

Please.
    12-15-13 04:13 PM
    I think QNX can position itself in a way that can connect to ANY mobile device, kind of like how Bluetooth has certain standards and protocols for music, media, contacts, phone numbers. If we can see a similar set that ANY OS can plug into, then I see QNX doing just fine.

- Developer of PinGuin
    12-15-13 04:35 PM

Posted via CB10
    In 1977, Apple introduced the Apple II, which launched the modern age of computers. That single innovation alone might be the greatest individual empowerment tool since the invention of the printing press. Anybody who says Apple doesn't innovate is either ignorant.
    12-15-13 04:58 PM
    Lol. Let's be a little more dramatic.

Maybe you need a history lesson on what happened in 2007 that changed the entire mobile industry and is the reason your Q10 with BB10 exists today.

Please.
    Like I said, improves, not inovates. The original iPhone was not the first all touch phone, there had been a few before it. Infact, thx to that Samsung v Apple lawsuit last year we know that the first iPhone was based off of a SONY phone. During development they jokingly referred to it as the JONY.

BTW in the 6 years since, the iPhone hasn't changed much....

Posted via CB10
    Mack Gans and szlevi like this.
    12-15-13 06:14 PM
    Like I said, improves, not inovates.
    There were other touchscreens. They all sucked. They were slow, barely usable and had the gestures were ridiculous. Apple perfected all of that, and put it into a package that no one ever seen before. A product that actually worked as intended. Yes it didn't have all the features, but the one it did have was fluid and responsive like nothing other.

You may not call that innovation, because each individual piece wasnt something new to the world, but that entire package was, and it turned the industry upsides down. So did the app craze. let's not forget that Apple made mobile browsing feasible. Mobile Safari dominated the charts for some time.

The original iPhone was not the first all touch phone, there had been a few before it. Infact, thx to that Samsung v Apple lawsuit last year we know that the first iPhone was based off of a SONY phone. During development they jokingly referred to it as the JONY.
    Like I said above this, it wasn't the first touchscreen device, but it was the first one to work right. Resistive touchscreens were awful, and the capacitive ones that were out were just as bad.

Posted via CB10
    How long did it take for BBOS to change? How long did it take for Windows to change? Mac?

I'm sure it will change soon enough. It has too. Apple knows this, I'm sure they have a bunch of smart people working there
    12-15-13 06:29 PM
    Like I said, improves, not inovates. The original iPhone was not the first all touch phone, there had been a few before it. Infact, thx to that Samsung v Apple lawsuit last year we know that the first iPhone was based off of a SONY phone. During development they jokingly referred to it as the JONY.

Posted via CB10
    The iPhone has changed a lot since the original release. What do you want them to do? Release a flagship device with an average camera, no headless api's, bad battery,all while charging top dollar?
    avt123 likes this.
    12-15-13 06:32 PM
    In 1977, Apple introduced the Apple II, which launched the modern age of computers. That single innovation alone might be the greatest individual empowerment tool since the invention of the printing press. Anybody who says Apple doesn't innovate is either ignorant, or simply being a troll. You decide which one you are.
    Haha that sounds like a direct quote from some Apple pamphlet.

In 1977 Apple was ONE OF the first to introduce the personal computer. The Commodore PET & the Tandy (among others) were also introduced in that same year.

That being said, I should have qualified my statement because back in the day Apple DID innovate, but since Steve Wozniak left they haven't really done anything, except take existing technology & make it better, or atleast more popular.

Posted via CB10
    szlevi likes this.
    12-15-13 06:33 PM
    The iPhone has changed a lot since the original release. What do you want them to do? Release a flagship device with an average camera, no headless api's, bad battery,all while charging top dollar?
    LOL does Apple even have headless API's? Seriously do they? I'm curious. Apple doesn't do true multi-tasking so headless 3rd party apps isn't necessary.

As for the camera & battery on my Q10, both are superior to my 4S. Yes that's right, just because I dispute the belief that Apple innovates, doesn't mean I don't use their products. Every OS has it's advantages & disadvantages.

BTW OP
    I apologize for having hijacked your thread. When I posted my original Apple statement I did not expect to draw out such strong Apple fanboi feurer

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 06:46 PM
    BTW OP
    I apologize for having hijacked your thread. When I posted my original Apple statement I did not expect to draw out such strong Apple fanboi feurer

Posted via CB10
    People are fanboys because they countering your opinion (which was a generalization, and you even correct yourself by saying they once did)) with a different one that actually has substance?

Is your bridge fully furnished?
    12-15-13 06:56 PM
    LOL does Apple even have headless API's? Seriously do they? I'm curious. Apple doesn't do true multi-tasking so headless 3rd party apps isn't necessary.

As for the camera & battery on my Q10, both are superior to my 4S. Yes that's right, just because I dispute the belief that Apple innovates, doesn't mean I don't use their products. Every OS has it's advantages & disadvantages.

BTW OP

Posted via CB10
    Lol @ comparing the Q10 to the 4s (considering the 4s came out years ago). The iPhone has headless api's. I agree every OS has advantages/disadvantages. I just find it comical when bb fanboys attempt to call out Apple for their so called "lack of innovation". Especially considering blackberry hasn't released anything that the masses appreciated since the bold 9000 (I believe the storm 1 was their last big seller).

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    avt123 likes this.
    12-15-13 07:04 PM
    Lol @ comparing the Q10 to the 4s (considering the 4s came out years ago). The iPhone has headless api's. I agree every OS has advantages/disadvantages. I just find it comical when bb fanboys attempt to call out Apple for their so called "lack of innovation". Especially considering blackberry hasn't released anything that the masses appreciated since the bold 9000 (I believe the storm 1 was their last big seller).

The Bold 9000 was the greatest BB of all time. I wish I didn't sell mine.
    12-15-13 07:07 PM
    People are fanboys because they countering your opinion (which was a generalization, and you even correct yourself by saying they once did)) with a different one that actually has substance?

Sometimes snarky delivery overshadows the validity of one's point, eh

Posted via CB10. Join C001A8DC6 for bento-inspired lunch ideas
    bradu1 likes this.
    12-15-13 07:07 PM
    The Bold 9000 was the greatest BB of all time. I wish I didn't sell mine.
    You can say that again. Definitely one of my favorite devices.

avt123 likes this.
    12-15-13 07:08 PM

I stand by my statements. When I saw I had over generalized I corrected my self. As for the substance of your statements I'm not going to bother. Why yell at a brick wall?

Now can we PLEASE get back to what this thread was originally about? The OP posed a very interesting question which I think could & should be discussed here.

Posted via CB10
    szlevi likes this.
    12-15-13 07:11 PM
    Sometimes snarky delivery overshadows the validity of one's point, eh

Posted via CB10. Join C001A8DC6 for bento-inspired lunch ideas
    No. It's called playing ignorant.
    12-15-13 07:11 PM
147 123 ...